Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More like falling in Love

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More like falling in Love

    I love this song but is it Biblical? I'll preface that I believe that it is.

    Give me rules, I will break them
    Show me lines, I will cross them
    I need more than a truth to believe
    I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes
    To sweep me off my feet

    Its gotta be
    More like falling in love
    Than something to believe in
    More like losing my heart
    Than giving my allegiance
    Caught up, called out
    Come take a look at me now
    Its like I'm falling, Ohhhh
    Its like I'm falling in love

    Give me words, I'll misuse them
    Obligations, I'll missplace them
    Cuz all religion ever made of me
    Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
    It never set me free

    Its gotta be
    More like falling in love
    Than something to believe in
    More like losing my heart
    Than giving my allegiance
    Caught up, called out
    Come take a look at me now
    Its like I'm falling
    Its like I'm falling in love

    Love, Love
    Deeper and deeper
    It was love that made me a believer
    In more than a name, a faith, a creed
    Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me

  • #2
    Re: More like falling in Love

    Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
    I love this song but is it Biblical? I'll preface that I believe that it is.
    No. Biblical love is not based on fleeting emotions
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: More like falling in Love

      Its gotta be
      More like falling in love
      Than something to believe in
      More like losing my heart
      Than giving my allegiance
      Believe and repent.

      Jesus is Lord.


      This song is not biblical.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: More like falling in Love

        Originally posted by jgilberAZ View Post
        Believe and repent.

        Jesus is Lord.


        This song is not biblical.
        Amen. Good catch
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: More like falling in Love

          We are the Bride of Christ. Why are you betrothed to
          Christ? So He will guard the border of your prim and proper
          little kingdom, keeping you safe inside?
          Are you betrothed to Him for security?—Eternal
          fire insurance? “What a great provider!” Did you marry for
          security? Jesus may want to come and scatter the kingdom of
          your primness and draw you into a wild, passionate romance
          where you lose everything and gain Him.
          He did not hang on a cross and bear the pain of Hell
          so you would be regular in your devotions, go on one
          missions project a year, and be a faithful tither. He suffered,
          died, and bore Hell in order to win your heart . . . that you
          would surrender your sovereignty to His sovereignty; that
          you would surrender to ecstasy. But Satan has made you fear
          the deepest longing of your soul so you would spurn the
          Lord’s advances and turn Him into a roommate and a
          border guard.
          Originally posted by keck553 View Post
          Amen. Good catch
          Peter Hiett

          I disagree.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: More like falling in Love

            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
            We are the Bride of Christ. Why are you betrothed to
            Christ? So He will guard the border of your prim and proper
            little kingdom, keeping you safe inside
            ?
            Huh?

            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
            Are you betrothed to Him for security?—Eternal
            fire insurance? “What a great provider!” Did you marry for
            security?
            Eternal fire insurance? Never heard of it. God choose me, not the other way around.

            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
            Jesus may want to come and scatter the kingdom of
            your primness and draw you into a wild, passionate romance
            where you lose everything and gain Him.
            that's not 'romance.' That is 'sancrification.' yes, biblical love has an emotional element, however the base if Biblical love is not emotion. The Hebrew word for love is a verb, not a feeling.

            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
            He did not hang on a cross and bear the pain of Hell
            so you would be regular in your devotions, go on one
            missions project a year, and be a faithful tither. He suffered,
            died, and bore Hell in order to win your heart . . . that you
            would surrender your sovereignty to His sovereignty; that
            you would surrender to ecstasy. But Satan has made you fear
            the deepest longing of your soul so you would spurn the
            Lord’s advances and turn Him into a roommate and a
            border guard. Peter Hiett
            This is not a Biblical concept.

            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
            I disagree.
            That doesn't surprise me.
            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: More like falling in Love

              That doesn't surprise me.
              A love affair with Jesus has changed my life. We're no longer just roommates. Cuz all religion ever made of me.
              Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet. It never set me free. He has. Does that surprise you?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: More like falling in Love

                Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                A love affair with Jesus has changed my life. We're no longer just roommates. Cuz all religion ever made of me.
                Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet. It never set me free. He has. Does that surprise you?
                What exactly are you 'free' to do now that you weren't 'free' to do before?
                Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: More like falling in Love

                  Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                  What exactly are you 'free' to do now that you weren't 'free' to do before?
                  Love Him and other people. You may not understand but all I ever knew was an "us and them" mentality. I was a pharisee to the bone. I have been set free from law keeping, self loathing, trying to make God love me bull hockey! Its called Grace. There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me less. Free to worship, praise, and be me in His presence or I guess I should say His presence in me. Believe me I am free. Oh yeah I'm free to mess up, SIN, without fear of Him making Him so mad He turns His back on me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: More like falling in Love

                    Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                    Love Him and other people.
                    Really sorry to drag you through this excercise, but what is your definition of love?

                    Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                    You may not understand but all I ever knew was an "us and them" mentality. I was a pharisee to the bone. I have been set free from law keeping, self loathing, trying to make God love me bull hockey! Its called Grace. There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me more. Free to worship, praise, and be me in His presence or I guess I should say His presence in me. Believe me I am free1
                    You kept the law? Really? You mean you didn't lie, steal, covet your neighbors possesions (or wife), you loved your neighbor as yourself, didn't dishonor your parents; those things bound you up? Now you're free to.....what?

                    Look, I understand your passion. That is commendable, really. If you're a female, then I understand the romantic implications, and yes, it is a personal relationship. Jesus is a perfect husband, after all. But remember, He is GOD and if we must qunatify Him then He is the sum of all of His many other characteristics. But all I was doing was responding to a question about whether some lyrics are Scriptually sound.
                    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: More like falling in Love

                      Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                      Really sorry to drag you through this excercise, but what is your definition of love?



                      You kept the law? Really? You mean you didn't lie, steal, covet your neighbors possesions (or wife), you loved your neighbor as yourself, didn't dishonor your parents; those things bound you up? Now you're free to.....what?
                      4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

                      8 Love never fails.

                      Well I guess I wasn't a real pharisee, let me put it this way.................Set free from trying to keep the law. Big difference sorry, I was more like these guys................


                      Acts 15:10-11 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?"


                      Matt 15:14 "They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

                      Matt 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: More like falling in Love

                        Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                        4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

                        8 Love never fails.

                        Well I guess I wasn't a real pharisee, let me put it this way.................Set free from trying to keep the law. Big difference sorry, I was more like these guys................


                        Acts 15:10-11 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?"


                        Matt 15:14 "They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

                        Matt 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."
                        Did you subject yourself to someone who did this to you?
                        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: More like falling in Love

                          Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                          Did you subject yourself to someone who did this to you?
                          Southern Christianity 101. Didn't you know that? "Turn or Burn," "hair on your collar sin in your heart" I believe the Lord used it all to get me to where I am now.

                          I have entered in and now I want all to enter in.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: More like falling in Love

                            Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                            4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
                            Love is an interesting word in Hebrew. It is "ahav" Notice if you take the middle hebrew character out, you end up with "av" (father). When you add the middle letter, which is a 'hay' you are adding a letter that pictographically (we're in hebrew remember) points to "the heart of the matter." That reveals to me that love is the focus of the Father, IOW the heart of the Father is love.

                            If you don't mind, I'd like to share some Biblical verses about love, and if you do this, please pray first that God makes His Word come alive in your heart (it sounds silly, but it's not) -

                            Read Genesis 27:1-5 and take a note on what Isaac loved in verse 4.

                            the first usage of "ahav" in the context of loving God is found in Exodus 20:5-6. What does God link to loving him? Now read Deuteronomy 11:1 and note the things that are linked with the command to love God.

                            Proverbs 3:12 and Hebrews 12:6 note the connection to love and reproof.

                            Let's find out what God loves -

                            Psalm 11:7
                            Psalm 33:5
                            Psalm 37:28
                            Psalm 87:3

                            The Greek translation of "ahav" is "agapao." Agapao is used in John 3:16. With that in mind, read john 3:14-17 and relate it to what you read in Genesis 22:2

                            There are more Scriptures that us derivatives of the Greek word "agapao" - note thier relationship to obedience or to commands -

                            Luke 7:41-43
                            John 10:17
                            John 14:21
                            John 15:12
                            1 John 4:21

                            God even tells us what to love -

                            Deuteronomy 6:5
                            Psalm 119:47
                            Psalm 119:97
                            Psalm 119:159
                            Matthew 5:44
                            Matthew 22:37-39
                            John 13:34
                            John 14:23-24
                            John 15:9-11
                            Ephesians 5:25
                            1 John 4:7-8

                            In 1 John 2:15 we are told what NOT to love

                            I can finish this tommorrow if you are interested, but consider that God above all knows exactly what love is, how to love, where to love, when to love, who to love....He knows it all. Wouldn't it be profitiable to learn about love from God directly from His Word?
                            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: More like falling in Love

                              Originally posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
                              Southern Christianity 101. Didn't you know that? "Turn or Burn," "hair on your collar sin in your heart" I believe the Lord used it all to get me to where I am now.

                              I have entered in and now I want all to enter in.
                              I understand. Beleive me, if God wants someone to go a certain direction, it WILL happen. It's just a matter of how much one stiffens their neck to resist.
                              Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X