Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
    Temptation is not a sin. Giving oneself over to it is. The drivers usually are pride and fear.
    Thanks Keck, I agree.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
      This is how I read that verse:

"Christ is the end of the law" - Christ is the end of the law because he fulfilled the law (see mt 5.17: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.").

"for righteousness to everyone who believes." - This fulfillment means that we can now take Christ as our righteousness.
      The problem is that not all who Say Lord, Lord, believe.

Firstfruits

Comment

I'm going to stop torturing you. There is only one verse in the Bible that is needed for you to prove your point -

"This is my Son, in whom I am well please. Listen to Him!"
        Many seem to listen to God, yet when it comes down to what Jesus said, his words are not heard.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
          Many seem to listen to God, yet when it comes down to what Jesus said, his words are not heard.

Firstfruits
          I think it is noteworthy when Peter recounts the transfiguration in his second letter, he leaves out Moses and Elijah. I think that is significant.

Sadly, I've not listened to Jesus myself, for which I ask the Lord for forgiveness.
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Firstfruits
            Mar 7:7 and in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."
            I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

The problem is that not all who Say Lord, Lord, believe.

Firstfruits
              Yes, but was I talking about calling on the Lord? What does that have to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
                Yes, but was I talking about calling on the Lord? What does that have to do with this?
                Not everyone that claims to believe in Jesus, believes that the law for righteousness has ended.

Firstfruits

Comment

I think it is noteworthy when Peter recounts the transfiguration in his second letter, he leaves out Moses and Elijah. I think that is significant.

Sadly, I've not listened to Jesus myself, for which I ask the Lord for forgiveness.
                  I believe it is a case of understanding the will of God, that Jesus was sent to do/fulfill.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                    Mar 7:7 and in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."
                    Even the words that Jesus has said are taken to mean other than what Jesus actually said, according to what God sent him to do.

Firstfruits

Comment

Even the words that Jesus has said are taken to mean other than what Jesus actually said, according to what God sent him to do.

Firstfruits
                      Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

And people say the law is done away

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

And people say the law is ended.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

And people say 'Oh you can't keep that old law'.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And people say 'which commandments'? That is no new question, it was asked 2000 yrs ago and answered by Christ, Himself...

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
                      Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
                      Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Here Christ plainly shows it is the Ten Commandments that we are to keep, but people reason around it.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Comment

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

And people say the law is done away

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

And people say the law is ended.

And people say 'Oh you can't keep that old law'.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And people say 'which commandments'? That is no new question, it was asked 2000 yrs ago and answered by Christ, Himself...

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
                        Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Here Christ plainly shows it is the Ten Commandments that we are to keep, but people reason around it.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
                        Jesus said that he came to fulfill. What he came to fulfull was the will of God, according to what is written concerning the Messiah.

Jn 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jn 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Jn 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Do we believe that Jesus truly finished the work of God he was sent to do?

Firstfruits

Comment

Jesus said that he came to fulfill. What he came to fulfull was the will of God, according to what is written concerning the Messiah.

Jn 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jn 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Jn 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Do we believe that Jesus truly finished the work of God he was sent to do?

Firstfruits
                          Do you believe that Jesus finished everything? Or did He just finish the work given Him for that time?

Comment

Do you believe that Jesus finished everything? Or did He just finish the work given Him for that time?
                            Doesn't Acts 1:1 give you an answer to that?
                            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Doesn't Acts 1:1 give you an answer to that?
                              I was thinking in terms of...

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
                              Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
                              Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
                              Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
                              Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
                              Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

I don't think the fat lady has sung in Acts 1:1

Comment

Reason around what exactly? Are you so sure TEN are so "plainly" being shown? Did you count them?

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
                                Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
                                Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
                                Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

He asked which commandments to keep and this is Jesus' answer:

1: Thou shalt do no murder

2: Thou shalt not commit adultery

3: Thou shalt not steal

4: Thou shalt not bear false witness

5: Honour thy father and thy mother

6: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

SIX commandments, not ten.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Working...
                                X