Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
    If they do it then they are fulfilling the works of the flesh, and they are therefore not following the Spirit.

Firstfruits
    Don't matter if you call it a space shuttle, if there is no law, there is no sin, therefore if there is no law, one can behave in anyway he chooses...

Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

How'd that work out for them?
    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
      Don't matter if you call it a space shuttle, if there is no law, there is no sin, therefore if there is no law, one can behave in anyway he chooses...

Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

How'd that work out for them?
      Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Are you walking in the Spirit?

Firstfruits

Comment

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Are you walking in the Spirit?

Firstfruits
        If there is no law and no penalty for sin then it doesn't matter, now does it?

Comment

If there is no law and no penalty for sin then it doesn't matter, now does it?
          It sure does matter.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Firstfruits

Comment

It sure does matter.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Firstfruits
            Well, I think I can walk in the spirit and commit adultery, lie, steal, covet and kill, cause after all there is no law against it and Christ did it all for me didn't He?

Comment

Where is the Ark?

Comment

Well, I think I can walk in the spirit and commit adultery, lie, steal, covet and kill, cause after all there is no law against it and Christ did it all for me didn't He?
                So the following means nothing then?

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Firstfruits

Comment

Where is the Ark?
                  In regards to following the Spirit of God?

Firstfruits

Comment

In regards to follwong the Spirit of God?

Firstfruits
                    Nope, where is the Ark located?

Comment

Nope, where is the Ark located?
                      May I ask why we need to know where the ark is located when it comes to following the Spirit of God?

Firstfruits

Comment

May I ask why we need to know where the ark is located when it comes to following the Spirit of God?

Firstfruits
                        Since you are unable or unwilling to answer...

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

The Ark (the real Ark) is in heaven at God's throne. The Ark of the covenant Moses fashioned was a replica (a shadow of the real Ark). What was in the Ark?

Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

These things are in the Ark in heaven, else the representation is false and scripture cannot be trusted. Now what in the world are the tables of the covenant?

Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

The ten commandments reside in the Ark in heaven. You should be very careful about doing away with the law of God, He has them there under His mercy seat as a foundation for all eternity.

Comment

Since you are unable or unwilling to answer...

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

The Ark (the real Ark) is in heaven at God's throne. The Ark of the covenant Moses fashioned was a replica (a shadow of the real Ark). What was in the Ark?

Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

These things are in the Ark in heaven, else the representation is false and scripture cannot be trusted. Now what in the world are the tables of the covenant?

Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

The ten commandments reside in the Ark in heaven. You should be very careful about doing away with the law of God, He has them there under His mercy seat as a foundation for all eternity.
                          So tell us, what do you believe is the difference between following the Spirit of God and following the ten commandments?

Firstfruits

Comment

So tell us, what do you believe is the difference between following the Spirit of God and following the ten commandments?

Firstfruits
                            None, one can with the aid of the spirit, perform the ten commandments...

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
                            Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
                            Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

It is not either/or, it is both...

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
                            Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
                            Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The carnal (fleshly, unconverted) mind cannot be subject to the law of God, but the converted, spirit filled mind can. That is what the New Covenant is all about. That is what Heb 8 is all about. We can be changed from carnal, fleshly people who cannot do as God wishes us to do...

Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

to the sons and daughters of God...

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
                            Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
                            Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Comment

None, one can with the aid of the spirit, perform the ten commandments...

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
                              Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
                              Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

It is not either/or, it is both...

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
                              Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
                              Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The carnal (fleshly, unconverted) mind cannot be subject to the law of God, but the converted, spirit filled mind can. That is what the New Covenant is all about. That is what Heb 8 is all about. We can be changed from carnal, fleshly people who cannot do as God wishes us to do...

Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

to the sons and daughters of God...

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
                              Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
                              Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
                              But according to what is written, if we are led of the Spirit we are not under the law, and if we are led of the Spirit there is no law. How then can there be no difference?

Is the law not of the flesh, which is contrary to the Spirit?

Firstfruits

Comment

We know the fruit of the Spirit, but what are the fruit of the ten commandments?

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                                X