Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
    Can you provide the list of the laws of Christ for us?
    I don't have a list compiled but it is found throughout the NT, especially in the gospels. All Christ's commandments, teachings, lessons and the 6 out of 10 original commandments.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
      Proof of that belief?
      Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
      Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

That's ignoring the entire new Testament. The law of Christ replaced the law of Moses and they are not the same. The law of Moses was barely a shadow of what the law of Christ is. The law of Moses has been "done away" 2Co 3:11
      The old covenant was replaced, not the ten commandments...

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
      Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Well, just looked out and saw some dirt. Hmmm, the earth has not passed away and Christ has not returned so all is not fulfilled. You draw your own conclusion.

By the way, you are mishandling the scripute concerning the old covenant, the fault was not with the convenant...

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
      Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
      I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
        Are you dead? If not, you are surrounded by flesh, and subject to all things concerning the flesh.
        Just as Christ is dead so are those that believe.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Firstfruits

Comment

I don't have a list compiled but it is found throughout the NT, especially in the gospels. All Christ's commandments, teachings, lessons and the 6 out of 10 original commandments.
          Christ is dead to the law, and so are all believers.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
            Just as Christ is dead so are those that believe.

Firstfruits
            Please answer my question. Do you have flesh or not right now?
            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
              Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
              Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
              And who is Christ saying this to?

The old covenant was replaced, not the ten commandments...
              Yes the ten commandments are gone:

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The new Testament is the same as the new Covenant.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

That's the ten commandments.

2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
              2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
              2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
              2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

And here we see the ten commandments were "done away"...in favor of something that did not represent death but represented life! Something far more glorious than the old.

2Co 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

Plainly spoken indeed but will the message be accepted?

2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

Only those with a vail over their face (symbolic) cannot see that the ten commandments have been abolished. Don't worry, the best of all the old law has been brought into the law of Christ. Other things were simply fulfilled and some done away with altogether.

By the way, you are mishandling the scripute concerning the old covenant, the fault was not with the convenant...

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
              Clearly both had faults.
              James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Apparently it made these righteous:
                Luk_1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
                Really? Zacharias and Elizabeth were made righteous by obeying the law of Christ? Jesus hadn't even been born yet. You must mean Moses's law made them righteous?

1Jn_3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
                The law, be it God's or Christ's (they are the same) never made anyone righteous.
                I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
                Galatians 2:21
                Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. Galatians 3:21
                And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: Philippians 3:9
                Doing righteousness because we are righteous is much different that being made righteous by doing righteousness.
                We DO the righteousness of the law because we have been MADE righteous through faith in Christ.

Comment

Of course you don't. You argue for the 'law of Christ' without even knowing what that law is. Or how it differs from the law of God. You argue for the New Covenant, but have no idea what the terms of that covenant are, or that there even are any terms.

Comment

Really? Zacharias and Elizabeth were made righteous by obeying the law of Christ? Jesus hadn't even been born yet. You must mean Moses's law made them righteous?
                    Of course that's what I mean. You said, "Neither make you righteous or save you however. " and if it isn't true about the old law, it certainly isnt true of the law of Christ.

The law, be it God's or Christ's (they are the same) never made anyone righteous.
                    Clearly that is wrong. Luk_1:6

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
                    Galatians 2:21
                    Righteous didn't come by the law but one could be righteous by keeping the law blamelessly like the two in the example previously posted. Furthermore we are told how this can occur "he that doeth righteousness is righteous"

Comment

Of course you don't. You argue for the 'law of Christ' without even knowing what that law is. Or how it differs from the law of God. You argue for the New Covenant, but have no idea what the terms of that covenant are, or that there even are any terms.
                      So you alone have decided that I:

1. Don't know what the law of Christ is.
                      and
                      2. Don't have any idea what the terms of new Covenant are.
                      and/or
                      3. Don't even know if there are any terms of it.

How nice of you to make all these judgments about me. Forget the topic, attack the other person personally? I suspect that tactic isn't going to work well for you.

Comment

and
                        and/or

How nice of you to make all these judgments about me. Forget the topic, attack the other person personally? I suspect that tactic isn't going to work well for you.
                        Most likely he's just responding to the content (or lack thereof) of your posts?
                        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

[QUOTE=keck553;2770325]Please answer my question. Do you have flesh or not right now?[/QUOT

I guess that depends on what you believe?

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Firstfruits

Comment

and
                            and/or
                            Personal attack? No. You can take it that way of course.
                            If my 'judgment' is not correct, show me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Firstfruits;2770368]
                              Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                              Please answer my question. Do you have flesh or not right now?[/QUOT

I guess that depends on what you believe?

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Firstfruits
                              stick your head in a bowl of water for 5 minutes and tell me you aren't made of flesh.

Comment

[QUOTE=keck553;2770373]
                                Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post

stick your head in a bowl of water for 5 minutes and tell me you aren't made of flesh.
                                I take it you are not talking from a believers point of view, which would make us all in this physical body.

Does the following not apply to you?

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                                X