Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

    I think the moral of this thread is that one can behave in any manner because there is no law. All one has to do is "say the magic words" and all is well. So lying, stealing, adultery, cursing, etc is no longer a problem because the law is done away. Oh and by the way, you can't believe that Jesus character, He says he changes not, that He is consistent but we know the truth. He changed everything.
    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

      Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
      I think the moral of this thread is that one can behave in any manner because there is no law. All one has to do is "say the magic words" and all is well. So lying, stealing, adultery, cursing, etc is no longer a problem because the law is done away. Oh and by the way, you can't believe that Jesus character, He says he changes not, that He is consistent but we know the truth. He changed everything.
      Should we then ignore the following?

      Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

      Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

      1 Pet 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

      Firstfruits

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

        Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
        Should we then ignore the following?

        Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

        Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

        1 Pet 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

        Firstfruits
        You seem to miss the point that...

        Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

        Being under the law means that one is subject to the law, specifically, subject to the penalty of the law. To be free from the law, is to be freed from having to pay the penalty of death. If, as you continually assert, the law is done away, then we have anarchy. There is no government, there is no right and wrong, there is no standard of conduct and most importantly, there is no morality or immorality. Feeding the poor, is on equal footing with mass murder. True, there is no sin when there is no law, because anything goes. This line of thinking allows for...

        Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
        I've been throwed outta better places than this.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

          Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
          You seem to miss the point that...

          Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

          Being under the law means that one is subject to the law, specifically, subject to the penalty of the law. To be free from the law, is to be freed from having to pay the penalty of death. If, as you continually assert, the law is done away, then we have anarchy. There is no government, there is no right and wrong, there is no standard of conduct and most importantly, there is no morality or immorality. Feeding the poor, is on equal footing with mass murder. True, there is no sin when there is no law, because anything goes. This line of thinking allows for...

          Jdg 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
          In that case we cannot use the law regarding righteousness.

          Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

          Firstfruits

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

            Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
            In that case we cannot use the law regarding righteousness.

            Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

            Firstfruits
            I cannot use a fishing pole to reroof a house either, so does that do away with the fishing pole? The deeds of the law justify none, so does that mean we do away with the law, or do we not use it for justification. It has it's intended use, the definer of sin...

            Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

            Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

            The law tells us what sin is, it does not justify us for breaking the law...

            Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

            Breaking God's law required the death of Christ to justify us, so now we lightly say, oh well, doesn't matter anyway, because there is no law. I do not really need the blood of Christ to justify me, because...

            Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
            I've been throwed outta better places than this.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

              Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
              I cannot use a fishing pole to reroof a house either, so does that do away with the fishing pole? The deeds of the law justify none, so does that mean we do away with the law, or do we not use it for justification. It has it's intended use, the definer of sin...

              Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

              Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

              The law tells us what sin is, it does not justify us for breaking the law...

              Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

              Breaking God's law required the death of Christ to justify us, so now we lightly say, oh well, doesn't matter anyway, because there is no law. I do not really need the blood of Christ to justify me, because...

              Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
              If you have Christ you have more than what you had with the law of Moses.

              Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

              Firstfruits

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                If the law of God given through Moses is the same as the law of God given through Christ, why can we not be justified by doing what is written in it?

                Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

                Firstfruits

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                  Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                  If the law of God given through Moses is the same as the law of God given through Christ, why can we not be justified by doing what is written in it?

                  Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

                  Firstfruits
                  Being obedient does not pay for past sins. You can't make this assignment up for extra credit. Perfect obedience does not give salvation. If one lives his/her entire life in perfect obedience, they would have a very good life indeed, but that is all that obedience to the law provides...

                  Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

                  That gift is very costly and God just does not hand it out frivolously to just anyone. He requires repentence from a former way of living and a desire and a striving to live according to His law. He wants all of us, thought and deed.
                  I've been throwed outta better places than this.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                    Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                    Being obedient does not pay for past sins. You can't make this assignment up for extra credit. Perfect obedience does not give salvation. If one lives his/her entire life in perfect obedience, they would have a very good life indeed, but that is all that obedience to the law provides...

                    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

                    That gift is very costly and God just does not hand it out frivolously to just anyone. He requires repentence from a former way of living and a desire and a striving to live according to His law. He wants all of us, thought and deed.
                    But if we are continually proven to be unrighteous because we cannot keep the law, then how can we be righteous at the same time through christ? Is that not a contradiction?

                    We are either righteous of unrighteous, we either belong to God or to Satan. How are we made righteous?

                    Firstfruits

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                      Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                      But if we are continually proven to be unrighteous because we cannot keep the law, then how can we be righteous at the same time through christ? Is that not a contradiction?

                      We are either righteous of unrighteous, we either belong to God or to Satan. How are we made righteous?

                      Firstfruits
                      What we continually prove is how much we need Christ and His sacrifice.
                      I've been throwed outta better places than this.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                        Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                        What we continually prove is how much we need Christ and His sacrifice.
                        Above all else, yes I agree!!!!!

                        Firstfruits

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                          Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                          Abraham surley obeyed God, yet it was not the law that God gave to Israel at Mount Sinai, which was four hundred years later.

                          Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

                          Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

                          Rom 4:9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

                          Firstfruits
                          Progressive revealation does not negate the former.
                          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                            Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                            Progressive revealation does not negate the former.
                            Would you then agree that Abraham did what God commanded him to do, without the law of Moses?

                            Firstfruits

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                              If there is no difference between what God has commanded to Israel through Moses and what he has commanded through Jesus, why would it need to be replaced by a new one?

                              Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

                              Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

                              Firstfruits

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

                                I think the major point is being missed here.

                                1. What equips us in the NT to do better than those in the OT?

                                2. How does faith alone help us be more righteous than faith plus trying very hard?

                                Is it simply that we recognize that we are sinners more than those in the OT?

                                3. Is trying not to be good superior to an effort to be good?

                                Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.



                                sigpic
                                מרן אתא

                                Walk in the Light!
                                התהלכו באור

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X