Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
    According to what is written Jesus is righteous/holy, and the law is not valid for a righteous man, but for the unrighteous/unholy.

1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Firstfruits
    I agree. A perfectly righteous man doesn't need the moral aspects of the Law. Do you know of anyone who fits that description? I don't mean righteous by declaration, I mean righteous in action. What do you think? the Law was not valid for Jesus, but He abided in every aspect of the Law. That being the case, a sinless righteous man abided in a Law given for the unrighteous? So if He did, why can't you?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
      I agree. A perfectly righteous man doesn't need the moral aspects of the Law. Do you know of anyone who fits that description? I don't mean righteous by declaration, I mean righteous in action. What do you think? the Law was not valid for Jesus, but He abided in every aspect of the Law. That being the case, a sinless righteous man abided in a Law given for the unrighteous? So if He did, why can't you?
      If you are declared righteous by your faith in Christ Jesus, you are acceptable to God. By the body of Christ we are dead to sin. Sin has no dominion over those that are dead with Christ.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Are we therefore dead with Christ?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Are we dead or alive?

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
      Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

If you believe that you are not dead in Christ then the law has dominion over you, so what then do you believe?

Are you dead or alive?

Firstfruits

Comment

If you are declared righteous by your faith in Christ Jesus, you are acceptable to God. By the body of Christ we are dead to sin. Sin has no dominion over those that are dead with Christ.

Are we therefore dead with Christ?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Are we dead or alive?

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
        Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

If you believe that you are not dead in Christ then the law has dominion over you, so what then do you believe?

Are you dead or alive?

Firstfruits
        I believe you are out of context.
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

I believe you are out of context.
          With the question I have asked and the scripture given, what do you believe is out of context, are we or are we not free from sin?

Are we dead or alive?

Firstfruits

Comment

With the question I have asked and the scripture given, what do you believe is out of context, are we or are we not free from sin?
            I hesitate to jump into this again, but I gotta ask FF, do you believe you can no longer sin now that you have 'died' in Christ and are 'free from sin'? That is what your question is suggesting.
            And, BTW, we are alive, not dead. At least I am. I have been made alive in Christ, a new man.

Comment

Are we dead or alive?

Firstfruits
              Would you answer my question?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                I hesitate to jump into this again, but I gotta ask FF, do you believe you can no longer sin now that you have 'died' in Christ and are 'free from sin'? That is what your question is suggesting.
                And, BTW, we are alive, not dead. At least I am. I have been made alive in Christ, a new man.
                It is possible to sin, even though we are free from sin.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I know that we are alive in Christ, but that does not take away that we do not have to sin.

Firstfruits

Comment

Would you answer my question?
                  Just as Jesus is dead to the law, so are we that are dead with him. So I cannot.

Firstfruits

Comment

It is possible to sin, even though we are free from sin.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I know that we are alive in Christ, but that does not take away that we do not have to sin.

Firstfruits
                    And sin is?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
                    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                      And sin is?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
                      If we do that which is of the flesh, then the law applies, because we are not abiding in Christ. If we abide in Christ the law does not apply as it does not apply to Christ Jesus, and we are one with Christ.

If the law applies to us, it must also apply to Jesus Christ.

Firstfruits

Comment

If we do that which is of the flesh, then the law applies, because we are not abiding in Christ. If we abide in Christ the law does not apply as it does not apply to Christ Jesus, and we are one with Christ.

If the law applies to us, it must also apply to Jesus Christ.

Firstfruits
                        And John, the apostle of love, says that sin is...

Comment

And John, the apostle of love, says that sin is...

So your concern is sinning rather than righteousness?

Firstfruits

Comment

Firstfruits says...

The law is done away

Jesus Christ says...

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                            Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
                            Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
                            Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
                            Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I think I have to go with the Creator of the universe including Firstfuits and myself on this one, but that's just me.

Comment

Firstfruits says...

The law is done away

Jesus Christ says...

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                              Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
                              Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
                              Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
                              Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I think I have to go with the Creator of the universe including Firstfuits and myself on this one, but that's just me.
                              DEAD TO THE LAW: the law does not apply for those that are in Christ.

Firstfruits

Comment

Just as Jesus is dead to the law, so are we that are dead with him. So I cannot.

Firstfruits
                                Where in the Bible does it say Jesus is dead to God's Law?

Comment

Working...
                                X