Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
    So your concern is sinning rather than righteousness?

Firstfruits
    So you think if you ignore sin, it will 'go away?'
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

DEAD TO THE LAW: the law does not apply for those that are in Christ.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Firstfruits
      Love your neighbor does not apply to you?
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
        So you think if you ignore sin, it will 'go away?'
        The reason for the law of Moses is because of sin, but if we are in Christ we are free from sin. Sin still exists but we are no longer slaves to sin. We must be sure to have on all the armour of God.

Firstfruits

Comment

The reason for the law of Moses is because of sin, but if we are in Christ we are free from sin. Sin still exists but we are no longer slaves to sin. We must be sure to have on all the armour of God.

Firstfruits
          I sinned this morning (with my thoughts at least) when someone cut me off on the freeway. Do I suddenly not belong to Christ? Or perhaps I never did because I sinned once?

Have you sinned since you receiived Christ? Pauls calls believers to confess their sins? Were they not saved?

Comment

I sinned this morning (with my thoughts at least) when someone cut me off on the freeway. Do I suddenly not belong to Christ? Or perhaps I never did because I sinned once?

Have you sinned since you receiived Christ? Pauls calls believers to confess their sins? Were they not saved?
            What makes you believe that you sinned, were you tempted to do something you should not do?

Yes I have sinned, and not abided in Christ by doing so.

Firstfruits

Comment

cancel this reply

After reading what I wrote, it could have been read as being unkind.
              I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

What makes you believe that you sinned, were you tempted to do something you should not do?

Yes I have sinned, and not abided in Christ by doing so.

Firstfruits
                Temptation is not a sin. Giving oneself over to it is. The drivers usually are pride and fear.

Comment

I would rather leave it as it is meaning that we can no longer use the law for righteousness.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Firstfruits
                  This is how I read that verse:

"Christ is the end of the law" - Christ is the end of the law because he fulfilled the law (see mt 5.17: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.").

"for righteousness to everyone who believes." - This fulfillment means that we can now take Christ as our righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
                    This is how I read that verse:

"Christ is the end of the law" - Christ is the end of the law because he fulfilled the law (see mt 5.17: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.").

"for righteousness to everyone who believes." - This fulfillment means that we can now take Christ as our righteousness.
                    Does that mean you no longer need to love your neighbor (Lev19:18) because Jesus did it for you?

Comment

Does that mean you no longer need to love your neighbor (Lev19:18) because Jesus did it for you?
                      Gal_5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
                      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

The law was fulfilled, but not abolished.
                        “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

We are not under law, but we have to so speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law.
                        “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!” Romans 6:15
                        “So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.” James 2:12

So, to take Christ as our righteousness means believing in Jesus with works to back up the faith.
                        "Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? James 2:20 "
                        "I will show you my faith by my works. James 2:18 "

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                          Gal_5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
                          So can you tell me what circumstances caused Hillel to combine all the commandments into Leviticus 19:18, and also can you tell me why Hillel continued to obey the Law after he made this observation?

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
                            The law was fulfilled, but not abolished.
                            “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

We are not under law, but we have to so speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law.
                            “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!” Romans 6:15
                            “So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.” James 2:12

So, to take Christ as our righteousness means believing in Jesus with works to back up the faith.
                            "Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? James 2:20 "
                            "I will show you my faith by my works. James 2:18 "
                            Do you assume people who obey God's commandments have no faith? Are you a judge also then?

Comment

Firstfruits
                              I'm going to stop torturing you. There is only one verse in the Bible that is needed for you to prove your point -

"This is my Son, in whom I am well please. Listen to Him!"

Comment

Do you assume people who obey God's commandments have no faith? Are you a judge also then?
                                You seem to think that I meant we are not to obey God's commandments, but I didn't say that. read it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X