Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

When did the law of Christ begin?

What is the law of Christ, compared to the law of Moses?

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Firstfruits

Re: Law Of Christ V Law Of Moses?

The law of Christ is to love one another as He has loved us.

Thus the bar is raised, because now we have a new nature by which we can walk.
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Earnestly contending for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints

Comment

Originally posted by Neanias View Post

Thank you Neanias.

God bless you!!

Firstfruits

Comment

Blessings to you too, Firstfruits!
        That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Earnestly contending for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints

Comment

Is the law of liberty the law of Christ?

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Neanias View Post

Well stated!

1 John 2:8- Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past , and the true light now shineth .
            1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
              When did the law of Christ begin?

What is the law of Christ, compared to the law of Moses?

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Firstfruits
              The Law of Christ began on the eve of the resurrection day of Jesus when He breathed Himself into His disciples (Jn.20:22).

The law of Moses was a Law written on tablets of stone. There were just over 600 commandments. It was to be fulfilled by the efforts of the flesh. It was good and spiritual but it failed because of man's innate weakness and sinful nature.

The Law of Christ is the sum total of Jesus' life, death, resurrection and ascension, bundled into the "life-giving Spirit" of 1st Corinthians 15:50. It is "breathed" into all born again believers. It resides in a man's spirit. It has the power and authority of God, but it will not overthrow a man's free will. It makes demands and the flesh makes demands. The decisions of a Christian (a part of the soul) decide whether Christ will be obeyed or the flesh will be obeyed. It is an ongoing battle in a Christian's life (Gal.5:17).

It is a "Royal" Law, a Law of "life" and a Law of "liberty" (Rom.8:2; Jas.1:25, 2:8). It functions as a result of a Christian's relationship with the Lord Jesus. If the Christian is cold towards the Lord he/she will be unlikely to obey it. If a Christian loves the Lord, he/she "will keep His commandments" (Jn.14:23). There are over 2'400 commandments in the New Testament. Added to this there are many unwritten commands from the Lord. All Christians have experienced this. The Lord might allow you to drive a Mercedes, but to another missionary in Africa, He might command him to drive an old Jeep. One Christian does not enter bars for he/she feels defiled. Another can go in freely. To one the Lord asks half his/her salary one month and the next He asks for nothing. The Law of Christ is an individual things between the Christian and His Lord. That which is written in the New Testament is just as binding as the Law of Moses, for it sets forth;
              • The Testimony of a Christian before the nations
              • The order inside the House of God, the Church

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post
                The Law of Christ began on the eve of the resurrection day of Jesus when He breathed Himself into His disciples (Jn.20:22).

The law of Moses was a Law written on tablets of stone. There were just over 600 commandments. It was to be fulfilled by the efforts of the flesh. It was good and spiritual but it failed because of man's innate weakness and sinful nature.

The Law of Christ is the sum total of Jesus' life, death, resurrection and ascension, bundled into the "life-giving Spirit" of 1st Corinthians 15:50. It is "breathed" into all born again believers. It resides in a man's spirit. It has the power and authority of God, but it will not overthrow a man's free will. It makes demands and the flesh makes demands. The decisions of a Christian (a part of the soul) decide whether Christ will be obeyed or the flesh will be obeyed. It is an ongoing battle in a Christian's life (Gal.5:17).

It is a "Royal" Law, a Law of "life" and a Law of "liberty" (Rom.8:2; Jas.1:25, 2:8). It functions as a result of a Christian's relationship with the Lord Jesus. If the Christian is cold towards the Lord he/she will be unlikely to obey it. If a Christian loves the Lord, he/she "will keep His commandments" (Jn.14:23). There are over 2'400 commandments in the New Testament. Added to this there are many unwritten commands from the Lord. All Christians have experienced this. The Lord might allow you to drive a Mercedes, but to another missionary in Africa, He might command him to drive an old Jeep. One Christian does not enter bars for he/she feels defiled. Another can go in freely. To one the Lord asks half his/her salary one month and the next He asks for nothing. The Law of Christ is an individual things between the Christian and His Lord. That which is written in the New Testament is just as binding as the Law of Moses, for it sets forth;
                • The Testimony of a Christian before the nations
                • The order inside the House of God, the Church
                Thank you Walls,

That is much appreciated, God bless you.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by glad4mercy View Post
                  Well stated!

1 John 2:8- Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past , and the true light now shineth .
                  I believe an important note which is for some reason is not pointed out as it has been, is not just that we love one another, but, as he has loved us, we should love one aother.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Just me thinking again but...

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                    Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
                    Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Word was the creator, yes?

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word became the one we know now as Jesus Christ, yes?

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
                    Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

No one has ever heard the voice of the Father, or seen His shape, Yes?

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Must have been the Word, Yes?

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
                    Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
                    Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
                    Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
                    Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,

This then must have also been the Word, yes?

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The Word must have spoken this then, yes?

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Pretty sure Paul said this, yes?

Did the Word, the Eternal (LORD - YHVH), Jesus Christ change since this was written? Or are His laws still in effect?
                    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                      Just me thinking again but...

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                      Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
                      Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Word was the creator, yes?

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word became the one we know now as Jesus Christ, yes?

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
                      Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

No one has ever heard the voice of the Father, or seen His shape, Yes?

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Must have been the Word, Yes?

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
                      Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
                      Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
                      Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
                      Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,

This then must have also been the Word, yes?

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The Word must have spoken this then, yes?

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Pretty sure Paul said this, yes?

Did the Word, the Eternal (LORD - YHVH), Jesus Christ change since this was written? Or are His laws still in effect?
                      According to what is written the word is the word of faith; Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Firstfruits

Comment

According to what is written the word is the word of faith; Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Firstfruits
                        God doesn't need faith
                        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                          God doesn't need faith
                          And yet the law is not of faith, and the just are to live by faith.

Firstfruits

Comment

And yet the law is not of faith, and the just are to live by faith.

Firstfruits
                            Seems like Abraham's faith produced more than just rhetoric-

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] 5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.
                            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                              Seems like Abraham's faith produced more than just rhetoric-

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] 5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.
                              Abraham surley obeyed God, yet it was not the law that God gave to Israel at Mount Sinai, which was four hundred years later.

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Rom 4:9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                              X