Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A local Chruch with out a building, would you come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now an ordained minister of the gospel, with a piece of paper hanging on my wall. But I wouldn't classify myself as a 'pastor' per se. What I am is rather undefined at this point.
    I am primarily a teacher, teaching pastors and other ministers. But my 'teaching' on the Navajo reservation probably looks more like pastoring, because I am teaching them 'how' to be pastors and ministers.
    When we minister in the parks and parking lots, we feed, pray for and minister to the homeless and otherwise destitute people there, and that takes on many forms and uses several 'gifts'.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
      Really depends how you interpret it, and how you think the Church ought to be run.

I'm very presbetyrian that way.
      Did Martin Luther have the approval of the Catholic church when he left it?
      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I am trying to bring together a group of believers together to do thing like the early elievers did in the new testament. We are going to meet at a park and at peoples houses, well have deacons for every 12 to 20 people. We will use the money that is givne to support the people that are lacking in the church, the ones that are without, things like food, clothing, utilities, shelter. Your prayers will be greatley appreciated. I am in springfield missouri if any one lives here and is interested in coming. We are goingt o meet 3 to 7 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefen View Post
          I have been going through a reformation on the way I think and see things. I have been desiring for more than what our culture calls "Church" (not to offend anyone) I do not feel at peace about it any more. I have visited many local chruches within the last year, including different denominations, and I feel the same way every time, like what am I doing here?!?! I as myself as I am siiting there going through the norm, is this what Jesus wants us to do? I almost feel like I am hiding my love for him behind the walls of the church buildings. Then I think why do we spend all of this money on nice buildings and things, to provide more space and conviences for people, it almost seems as if we are trying buy people to come to "chruch." Why aren't we going to them? Why are we trying to get them to come to us? I want the world to see my love for my King and Saviour, and My brothers and sisters. I am thinking about having a group of believers meet at a park close to dowtnown instead of a building. There are many benifits to this: one you dont have to buy or rent a building so more money to the poor and needy of the congregation and others, two, people will see a bold love for God out in the open, three, if people want to check things out they dont have to feel the pressures of going inside a strange or new place they can just come and join in or spectate. Then I would also like for the people of the congregation to open up there homes to each other to have prayer and fellowship during the week, who knows maybe we'll meet everyday. All I know is that I want more, and I know that Jesus' main command was for us to love each other the way he loves us. We were also told to be like a city on a hill giving light to the world, how can we do that behind the walls of a building? I know we can be a liht at work and other places like that in our everyday lives but I'm talking about the world seeing us in action, breaking bread in the name of Jesus, praying and reading scripture and singing our hearts out ot God. That would be amazing to me, to live the way the early church did.
          I get what you mean, the church that my family goes to(we only sometimes but when I get my liscense I should be able to go way more) doesn't seem to be right for me. It seems that this church is all about "routines" and not about true faith.

Comment

"The enormous numerical growth of the church in its first centuries leads us to question of what methods it used to achieve such growth. The answer may surprise some modern Christians, for the ancient church knew nothing of "evangelistic services" or "revivals" ..........evangelism did not take place in church services, but rather as Celsus said, in kitchens, shops and markets..........most converts were made by anonymous Christians whose witness led others to the faith .........."
            (Gonzalez J. L., "The Story of Christianity volume 1," p. 98-99)
            Small group worship has the intimacy, spontenaity and fellowship that can never be recaptured by formal, organized religion.

To a certain extent, the Christian Church is a victim of its own success, losing contact with its grassroots and relegated our responsibilities to the "professionals."

Comment

I say go do it! Amen!
              I think there are many many people tired of the organized Church with it's sets of rules and regulations and Church memberships, blah blah blah...
              When we become a Christian, we ARE a member...of the Body of Christ, and I don't see Jesus going to every believer and telling us we have to apply to be a member.
              I believe that Christians everywhere will begin to feel the weight and closing in of organized Churches as time draws closer to the end. We were called out to witness the Gospel, not keep it to ourselves in our own little self-serving buildings, ( which by the way, usually costs enough money that you could feed thousands of people, help them buy clothes, pay their rent and just generally help them out during rough times. )
              If we look at the examples that Paul gave, we will see that charity started in the Church, and then spread outward, the same way we are to spread the gospel. We come to believe, then we share...it is a sad affair that in today's Churches, many poor are being neglected in favor of material things.
              It's hard to witness to a down-and-out person when you come from a Church building that costs multiple millions of dollars to build. We have to realize that even if someone is not saved, that doesn't stop them from reading the Bible. It's a shame that many out there understand the duties of a Christian, yet do not become one. We need to step back and ask ourselves why that is...I believe it is because organized Christianity turns people off of God. It turns away people who they don't accept.
              I am all for open air preaching. No worries about raising all that money to build a bigger Church. Making it more comfortable, etc...just people and the Word. Such an awesome undertaking. I wish you well and will pray for you. God Bless.
              Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

You know what really kills me about the organized church, besides all of the other obvious issues...the unwillinginess to hear from someone who has a different idea on the same topic. Like "don't changed your views on the 'calvanism' or whatever, or you will have to stop being a member of our church, and go to one that has the same views, because we don't want to study that here, we just want to beleive what we have been told to believe because it's easier that way."
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                  You know what really kills me about the organized church, besides all of the other obvious issues...the unwillinginess to hear from someone who has a different idea on the same topic. Like "don't changed your views on the 'calvanism' or whatever, or you will have to stop being a member of our church, and go to one that has the same views, because we don't want to study that here, we just want to beleive what we have been told to believe because it's easier that way."
                  This is so true Saved7, I find that some of the more inquisitive "christians" read what they believe rather than believe what they read, and most only believe what they hear from man.

Comment

You know what? It's not necessary to turn this into a church bash. There are many who come to faith and are discipled in traditional churches. God has a purpose for it all. If God is calling you to do something different than what you see in the 'organized church', just go do it. But there's really no need to feel negatively about those who claim Jesus Christ as Savior. They are our brothers and sisters in Him. Let's encourage each other to be led by the Spirit. Let's edify each other in the word of the Lord.

God Bless!
                    II Timothy 2:15
                    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
                    Read My Testimony sigpic Visit Our Website

Comment

Forgive us for venting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                        As long as you keep the attitude that it's not about you, not YOUR church, not YOUR kingdom, not YOUR word, not YOUR will, BUT HIS, He will do amazing things through you.
                        And, don't listen to patsy pew warmers telling you you can't, or shouldn't. Just go do it.
                        That made me want to shout glory to God! No, it didnt just make me want to, I AM! If people would just take the glorified ME out of the gospel
                        MEssage! Everywhere christians gather, theres people talking about MY ministry. Who`s ministry? It aint your ministry and it aint your church, and it aint your sheep, in sum, it aint your anything, and when we refuse to get out of the way, there aint no moving of the Spirit either. I hear preachers whining they got no church to pastor, or they cant get voted in, or they got voted out, while on their doorsteps, across the fence, up the street and down the street, theres no one to tell the lost sheep how to get home (and home aint a building!) If God gave you something to say, tell SOMEONE, you dont need a pulpit, nor a glorified building (how abominable!) full of dressed up sheep (how silly) to do it!

Preacher, teacher, pastor, evangelist, layman, or faith walker...you and I are just glorified lumps of clay, that is if we have the Spirit dwelling within us, other than that we are just a lump, worthy to be discarded for more pliable clay.

"When my people which are called by my name will humble themselves and seek my face"...not seek the comfort of padded pews and pats on the back from the religious status quo...then GOD will hear from Heaven!

2Co 4:6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in clay jars to show that its extraordinary power comes from God and not from us.
                        The many miles of my journey have proved my Lord True.
                        ~
                        Born FREE as a Mustang - no saddles, lassos, stalls or fences. (Gal 5:1)

You will never rope the wind cowboy. (John 3:8)

aka Coconut @ Talk Jesus

Comment

Working...
                        X