the sign of Jonah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion the sign of Jonah

One question that keeps arising amongst nonbelievers is Jesus statement about the sign of Jonah and when He actually rose. I often explain this passage detailing first why most believe he died on Friday and why I don't believe it was on Friday. First, the math doesn't add up. Second, what a lot of people have yet to realize is that one week can contain two Sabbaths. Passover was not recognized on the same day each year but on the same date. I believe it is in the Gospel of John where he states it was a "High Sabbath." What is your thoughts on this?

Excellent points. It is tradition, and not Scripture, that defines "Good Friday". Yes, the first day of Unleavened Bread is a Sabbath.

Comment

72 hours

I believe in a literal 72 hrs. because I believe God is very precise...especially when it comes to the only sign given as proof the Jesus/Yeshua was our Messiah. The argument that "three days and three nights" can mean partial days makes me wonder why the “three nights” part is glossed over. To me, this clarifies that we are talking about 72 hrs. There are many other reasons the 72 hours work but if one is interested they can find plenty of articles that state a more comprehensive case. todd.

Comment

Have you ever considered the two Sabbaths?

Comment

Originally posted by jponb View Post
          Have you ever considered the two Sabbaths?
          A Thursday crucifixion harmonizes with both the 3d3n verses, and the 2sabbaths(one High, one regular) in that week.

Is their any internal evidence for a Friday crucifixion? Never seen anyone present it if it exists.

Comment

The reason why most people assume Friday because it was The Day of Preparation and because of the word Sabbath; not realizing that God proclaimed not just a Sabbath of Days but other Sabbaths as well.

Comment

Working...
            X