Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling with this question…opinions please. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
    Modalism teaches this but scripture teaches that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are seperate persons who are of the same essence (God) and that God is a tri-unity.
    I have no idea what "Modalism" is. What I do know is that God the Father is God, Jesus the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. It is doctrine of the Christian religion that requires that one believe as you have stated. However, there is no place in Scripture that we are required to believe anything about the "Trinity" in order to be saved. We are saved by the shed blood of our Lord when we choose to repent and follow Him.
    In Him,
    Bob Allen

Comment

Originally posted by revrobor View Post
      I have no idea what "Modalism" is. What I do know is that God the Father is God, Jesus the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. It is doctrine of the Christian religion that requires that one believe as you have stated. However, there is no place in Scripture that we are required to believe anything about the "Trinity" in order to be saved. We are saved by the shed blood of our Lord when we choose to repent and follow Him.
      I didn't say anything about salvation. What I said was the scripture reveals that God is the Father, the Son and the Spirit. One God who is revealed in 3 persons who are of the same essence.
      WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
      securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Working...
      X