This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEITZY View Post
    And therein lies the heart of the issue. Is 'Christians' bombing abortion clinics consistent with the life & teachings of Christ and the interpretation of these beliefs by the leaders of mainstream Christianity? Obviously not. However when we look at the life and teachings of Muhammad and leaders of Islam today we see that murder, rape, deception etc. is consistent with what they practice & preach. Yes there a few moderate voices crying in the wilderness but these are far and few between.

Perhaps you really need to leave the relative safety of your computer and Islamic message board and go live in Indonesia, Iran or Saudi Arabia (a supposedly 'moderate' Islamic state) and see how Islam works in the real world so you can truly appreciate all the benefits and freedoms that come with living under Sharia law.

By the way, do you use the same tone and diatribe with your friends on the Islamic board as you do here? No doubt you tread more carefully when pointing out any deficiencies in their faith or prophet or God.

Cheers
    Leigh
    That settles it.

I am easily treated more lovingly by Islamics than Christians. But your statement shows me that you are also under the impression that the Christian religion is "better" and more accepting.

Did you miss it when I said that MOST Muslims believe in peace above all things, and aren't news makers?

If I were to judge the truth of a religion based on the majority of its adherents, I'd have to choose Judaism, but Islam would be second.

Christianity shows love in only a minority of those who profess to believe in it. The fruits of the spirit are only shown in a few Christians out of a hundred.

In my time here, I have all but been told that this is the case by posters here. The way is narrow.

That could mean that Christianity is actually the truth, don't get me wrong.

But for anyone to tell me that another religion should be judged by people who don't even subscribe to that religion more so than what the majority of the faithful say about that religion is a BIG mistake. If I ever believed that that was a good idea, then Christianity would be the LAST religion I'd consider.

Matter of fact, this whole post has convinced me that even considering Christianity as being true was a stupid thing to do.

Christianity should be judged exactly like Christianity judges other religions, don't you think?

If Christianity judges Islam according to the worst of what can be gleaned from the Quran, then Christianity should be judged according to the worst of what can be gleaned from the Bible, don't you think?

k

Comment

Originally posted by DreamWeaver View Post
      As Christians we all know that abortion is evil, and a sin.

But a Christian who bombs an abortion clinic, shoots an abortionist, and says..... God told them to do it, does that act against the Word.

But the muslim who commits acts of violence in jihad, does it with approval of muhammad and the koran.

And with this post, I say good night and may God bless y'all.
      BULL!

A Christian that bombs an abortion clinic is acting as an avenger of God. He is saving the lives of future victims!

But a Muslim that commits terrorism is acting against the message of the prophet. First of all, he kills non-combatants- sin. Secondly, he kills himself- sin. Thirdly, he doesn't act according to faith in Allah and His mercy- sin.

The MAJORITY of Muslims believe what I'm saying.

Why is it difficult for you to accept that you are wrong?

k

Comment

Originally posted by khalou View Post
        Christianity should be judged exactly like Christianity judges other religions, don't you think?

If Christianity judges Islam according to the worst of what can be gleaned from the Quran, then Christianity should be judged according to the worst of what can be gleaned from the Bible, don't you think?

k
        Christianity should be judged by Christ and His teachings just Islam should be jugded by Muhammad and his teachings. The value of any religion is not measured by what the majority of its adherents believe or do, but rather what the teachings and actions of its founders. To say you prefer Islam over Christianity is basically saying that Muhammad is superior to Christ. So by all means use Muhammad as your role model just as Bin laden, Arafat and a host of other murderers have. Give me Christ any day!

Cheers
        Leigh

Comment

Before this thread gets more heated than it already is. I think it's time we close it.
          Hell....the nightmare you can't wake up from.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Comment

Working...
          X