Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are Jesus' followers?

Who are Jesus' followers?
    Those who follow Jesus in the way they live. By His example and words Jesus taught us what His life is all about. He taught us to go out of our way and give of our self completely to love and serve others, including, those who hurt and offend us. He showed us to (Luke 6:27-35) love our enemies, do good deeds to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us. If anyone slaps us on one cheek, we must let him hit the other one too. We must lend expecting nothing back. We must give to everyone who asks for something. Even when there is unfaithfulness (Hosea 3:1) we must not divorce our spouse (Mark 10:11-12) and be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke 6: 35-36). If someone takes us to court to sue us for our shirt, we must let him have our coat as well. We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to carry their pack for one mile (Matt 5; 39-41).

hi...you answered that question very well.

Comment

Great post.

I really think that Sermon on the Mount is supposed to be the "blueprint" for true Spirit-led behavior. Which goes so far above and beyond the behavioral standards that we think are the "norm," it's not even funny. I often consider these teachings of Jesus in light of my personal life, and realize how far I have yet to go ...

Comment

Originally posted by arunangelo View Post
        Who are Jesus' followers?
        Those who follow Jesus in the way they live. By His example and words Jesus taught us what His life is all about. He taught us to go out of our way and give of our self completely to love and serve others, including, those who hurt and offend us. He showed us to (Luke 6:27-35) love our enemies, do good deeds to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us. If anyone slaps us on one cheek, we must let him hit the other one too. We must lend expecting nothing back. We must give to everyone who asks for something. Even when there is unfaithfulness (Hosea 3:1) we must not divorce our spouse (Mark 10:11-12) and be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke 6: 35-36). If someone takes us to court to sue us for our shirt, we must let him have our coat as well. We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to carry their pack for one mile (Matt 5; 39-41).
        This is how Jesus said we would know those that are His, I hope it helps.

Jn 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

God bless you

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
          Great post.

I really think that Sermon on the Mount is supposed to be the "blueprint" for true Spirit-led behavior.
          I would even say both Sermons on the Mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
            I would even say both Sermons on the Mount.
            The following would then apply to those sermons as they are his teachings.

Jn 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
              The following would then apply to those sermons as they are his teachings.

Jn 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Firstfruits

Yes. The Word of Messiah is our teaching. The Church in the wilderness and the church in the NT is based on Y'shua.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
                Yes. The Word of Messiah is our teaching. The Church in the wilderness and the church in the NT is based on Y'shua.
                Then the following would apply to those that do not follow Christ?

1 Tim 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
                1 Tim 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

God bless you

Firstfruits

Comment

The sermon on the mount is a look at what the law of Moses required, and only Jesus was able to fulfil that standard and He did. Righteousness never came by keeping the law, but by grace through faith in the only name given among men whereby we might be saved.

Paul knew the king wanted him; why didn't he give in to his wants?

2 Corinthians 11:32. In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
                  2 Corinthians 11:33. And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

When a multitude came to take Jesus: Matthew 26:51 "And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear." I actually believe he was trying to take off his head and missed.

If we are to follow Christ, how are we told to do that? 1 Corinthians 11:1. "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." As I have written before, we can't do what Christ did by dying for the world, but we can follow him as Paul did, and Jesus had Paul write this.

In Jesus' name
                  Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus

Comment

Working...
                  X