Go and I will speak through you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go and I will speak through you

Hi all, I am trying to find all the places in the Bible where God in one form or another, to various ppl told that He will put the words in their mouth. Like Moses, he didnt know how to speak, he didnt have "public speaking" degree, but God told him, Go and I will put the words in your mouth. Can u help me with this?

My main discussion with a friend is "if it is really mandatory to have Masters College degree in order to bring souls to Christ." I am not against Masters College, if you are going there for the right reasons. I am just wondering about this aspect where u don't need to have Masters College degree, God will put the words in your mouth. All u need is the desire, and passion, and the Word of God with the Holy Spirit in you, u can conquer the world..

talk to me

You mean this one?

Mark 13:11
    But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

This one is probably better for your purposes (unless you're in danger of being arrested anytime soon for your faith in Christ):

Acts 1:8
    But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Comment

Thanks.. that helps.. wat about the old testament? with the prophets?

Comment

"The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
        before you were born I set you apart;
        I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'
        'Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, 'I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.'
        But the LORD said to me, 'Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.'"

Above are God's instructions to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:4-10.

Amos would be a good example for you. He didn't have the formal prophet's training (whatever that was at the time), but still was called to deliver the Lord's message.

"Then Amaziah said to Amos, 'Get out, you seer! Go back to the land of Judah. Earn your bread there and do your prophesying there. Don't prophesy anymore at Bethel, because this is the king's sanctuary and the temple of the kingdom.'
        "Amos answered Amaziah, 'I was neither a prophet nor a prophet's son, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. But the LORD took me from tending the flock and said to me, 'Go, prophesy to my people Israel.'"

Hope this helps!
        "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'
        And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"
        Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Working...
        X