Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What version(s) of the bible is used by your church/place of worship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version(s) of the bible is used by your church/place of worship?

The church I attend uses NIV and ESV, I have never read ESV...

Re: What version(s) of the bible is used by your church/place of worship?

ESV is okay. You can try it out on Biblegateway.com

Our congregation uses NASB, ESV, KJV, NKJV, NIV, YOUNGS LITERAL. Sometimes Greek and Hebrew.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

For the most part, our church uses the NIV. Though some pastors will quote from different translations from time to time.
      This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

Used to go to one that used KJV only. Now find myself in one that uses the NASB and the ESV. Much better.
        Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
        George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

NKJV in the church I attend.
          I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

The Hebrew version.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
              The Hebrew version.
              Why am I not surprised, my friend. I really wish that I were fluent in Hebrew and Greek, but alas, I have trouble with English.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                I really wish that I were fluent in Hebrew and Greek, but alas, I have trouble with English.
                There's a Christian fellow I know at work who learned Hebrew and Greek, so that he could read both bibles in their original language. I'm in awe of the guy. It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.

Comment

It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.
                  Not really, it just takes commitment
                  The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                  God plants in our hearts
                  to remind us
                  there are better things ahead.
                  -Holley Gerth

Comment

There's a Christian fellow I know at work who learned Hebrew and Greek, so that he could read both bibles in their original language. I'm in awe of the guy. It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.
                    To me that is amazing, to say the least. I find that as I get older, I do think more clearly, but pick up new information at a slower rate. I have to cogitate a little more to grasp things.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                      NKJV in the church I attend.
                      We don't use a single version, but most of the pew bibles are NKJV. NASB and ESV see a lot of use, as well.
                      Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Comment

Perhaps Rosetta Stone will come out with Greek and Hebrew for Dummies? I'll take the remedial versions!
                        Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Comment

Most of the churches I've gone to use the Revised Standard Version.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/r/rsv/browse.html

Comment

Working...
                          X