Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Necessity of the Incarnation

Let me have some fun with hypothetical questions:

If Adam and Eve had never sinned, would Jesus still have come in the flesh as an incarnated man?

Sincerely,
    Levin
    “The Bible is essentially an open, artistic, imaginative narrative of God’s staggering care for the world, a narrative that will feed and nurture into obedience that builds community precisely by respect for the liberty of the Christian man or woman.”

-Walter Brueggemann

It depends on your definition of incarnated, but I think that Jesus was already manifesting himself physically in the Garden.

When tend to thin of Jesus as someone who doesn't appear until New Testament, but Jesus always was, and Jesus is the only member of the Trinity that the Bibles shows physically manifests himself.

I would say that when Adam and Eve walked with God, or when God 'walked through the garden in the cool of the day,' that was the second person of the Trinity.

So my answer is that Jesus was physically in the flesh in the Garden, however, had there been no sin, he would probably not have incarnated himself in the sense of being born a child from a woman and grown up, etc.

That's just my thought, however. We can't really be sure.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
      Let me have some fun with hypothetical questions:

If Adam and Eve had never sinned, would Jesus still have come in the flesh as an incarnated man?

Sincerely,
      Levin
      Yes He would have. The Incarnation is the moment when God's love toward human beings is revealed to the highest degree.
      "God so loved " John 3:16

Comment

No---God created us to fellowship with him and he did a good job of it....until we messed it up
        And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Working...
        X