Signs of Last Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of Last Days

If we start examining the signs preceding the coming of Jesus, then the words spoken by Jesus himself, in which He referred to the days of Noah and Lot concerning the generation experiencing the coming of Jesus, are a good starting point. He stated that the conditions just before His coming would very much resemble the societies of the time of Noah and Lot, and that before His coming, people would be as unprepared as then; in other words, history would in a way repeat itself.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Lastdays1

Originally posted by PetriFB View Post
    If we start examining the signs preceding the coming of Jesus, then the words spoken by Jesus himself, in which He referred to the days of Noah and Lot concerning the generation experiencing the coming of Jesus, are a good starting point. He stated that the conditions just before His coming would very much resemble the societies of the time of Noah and Lot, and that before His coming, people would be as unprepared as then; in other words, history would in a way repeat itself.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Lastdays1

Are those days spoken of about being ill prepared or about life going on as usual?

Comment

Originally posted by BeOfGoodCourage View Post
      Are those days spoken of about being ill prepared or about life going on as usual?
      I've actually been thinking about this myself. From what I see in the Bible, Noah's time was the time of an absolute low in human morality and faith in God. Lot's most remembered deed was pleading with God for the lives of Sodom and Gomorah (spelling?), the most evil and Godless cities in the entire world. I think endtimes will be preceded by another low in morality. I think that time is now.

Comment

Comment

The Signs Of The Times

Originally posted by BeOfGoodCourage View Post
          I believe it's a combination of both

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the arc
          And they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away

Matthew 24:38-39

So today, just as it was in the times of Noah, most people are getting drunk, partying, getting married, throwing bachelor parties, eating almost non-stop, etc.... So when the tribulation begins, most folks, even some Christians, will be caught completely off-guard, they will not be prepared, and so they will be very easily deceived and manipulated by the anti-christ and other false prophets.

Just my $.02 of course
          -Slade-

Comment

I think the Anti-Christ is alive today. I don't know who it could be, but since I beleive the Last Days are not far away, it makes sence for the Enemy to be starting to get prepared. BTW I'm a little sketchy, but in the Bible, it says that Israel was destroyed from forces of the North, aided by many countries including Persia. Most people beleive that Persia is simply Iraq, but its borders actually extend into... Iran. Well, Russia (North of Israel) is suppling Iran (Parts of Persia were in Iran) with nuclear weapons. Does this look kind of intersting?

Comment

I love you guys, in Christ, so let me make that plain up front. I look forward to meeting all the saints saved throughout the generations. But I do not hold to a future antichrist who is any different then any generation of antichrists, so my reasoning is not based on yours and thus draw my conclusions differently from Scripture.

Comment

Whatever works for you, if you beleive in Salvation through Jesus Christ you'll have peace either way!

Comment

Could you be confusing the "Last Days" with the "Second Coming"?

It seems that the "Last Days" were during the first century, before the destruction of the Temple. Reading throughout the New Testament, time markers are all over the place. "It is near", "Right at the Door", "Soon to take place". John even said that he was a partaker in it (see Revelations 1).

The "Last Days" are probably the same as the "End of the Age". Again, this all leads to 70 a.d. when the Temple was destroyed and Jews were masacred and taken in to slavery.

The Age that came to a close was the Jewish Age, or maybe better said, the time of the Law.
                  Grace and Peace to You,

Yodas_Prodigy

In Relentless Pursuit of God's Truth

Comment

II Thess. 2 states plainly that those that do not love the Truth so that they might be saved come under a spirit of delusion.

So, when someone states, Peace, peace! when there is no peace, they will believe it.

Steph
                    Last edited by David Taylor; Apr 26th 2007, 12:44 PM. Reason: removed insult
                    2 Cor 4:4 For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image {and} Likeness of God. AMP

Comment

So, were the Thessalonian letters written before 70 a.d. and the Neronic persecution? Perhaps you let your presuppositions dictate the text rather than the historical record.

I do believe that those who stayed in Jerusalem in 70 a.d. were deluded and felt safe. Yep, hundreds of thousands up to over a million were massacred for thinking and believing that they had peace and protection.
                      Last edited by David Taylor; Apr 26th 2007, 12:46 PM. Reason: removed reply to insult
                      Grace and Peace to You,

Yodas_Prodigy

Comment

This is why I am more pre-trib because if the last days are like that days of Noah, then we would get saved before the disaster, just like Noah was.

Comment

Question: Who was removed from the earth in the days of Noah?
                          Grace and Peace to You,

Yodas_Prodigy

Comment

this is a first now when i play xbox 360 im literlilly connected to the world you play video games with kids from around the world. its funny now when i play the 360 i can talk to kids from all over the world ive played with kids from japan the uk china and even south korea and this just started to happen because of the new systems like xbox 360. this to me is a sign that the world is ending because i can talk to kids from japan south korean and the uk all at the sametime when im playing a video game.

the biggest sign that i have seen is the North star likes to move has anyone else seen this

Comment

The OP posted this exact same post on several other forums. He may reply, due to having 128 other posts already. But that may be doubtful as he didn't respond on the other forums...

JD,
                              just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                              X