A Simple Question for You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple Question for You

I ask you a simple question for you. Why should God allow you into heaven?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Re: A Simple Question for You

Originally posted by DeafPosttrib View Post

In Christ
    Don't worry, He won't...

Joh 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

We are not going there, He is coming here...

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

In Christ
      Can you clarify your question? I'm not exactly sure what you are asking despite it being what you called "a simple question". Are you asking what is it about me that should make God allow me into heaven or are you asking what am I required to do in order for God to allow me into heaven?

Comment

I would like to hear from reformers' respond on this question.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
          Don't worry, He won't...

Joh 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

We are not going there, He is coming here...

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
          Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
          Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
          What church or churches teaches that Christians won't go to heaven? I'm just curious.

Comment

In Christ
            He can not deny him self.
            We have his righteousness imputed to us at salvation.
            For God to deny us, would be to deny him self, this he can not do ... therefore we are not to be denied.

Comment

In Christ
              Because of what Jesus did for me..
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

In Christ
                We can examine this question from either one of two sides. The Bible says that we don't merit God's blessing and yet, at the same time, the Bible talks about the qualities of a person whom he will bless, which are not shared by all human beings.

Comment

We really won't be in "heaven" per se, we will be where ever Christ is, if we have trusted Him for salvation.

But in response to the OP, He shouldn't, but Jesus has paid my debt to God, and when He looks upon me God sees the righteousness of His Son, I am a joint heir with Christ.
                  Mark

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

Comment

Thank everyone for the comments. I would like to discuss on three groups- 1. People never go to church and like sinning 2. Devoted religion people 3. Christians claim 'I am already saved' and still sinning.

I am focus on two groups- devoted religion people, and of course Christian claim, 'I am already saved', still sinning. First, start with devote religion people. I want to discuss on Matt. 7:21-23. Christ said: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesised in thy name? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

My understanding there are two reasons why, they are not all genuinely saved. Many devote religion people know Jesus, they did many wonderful works for God or Jesus, they are doing their own good works for earn salvation, to enter into heaven. But, they are not saved in the first place. Because, they did not ask Jesus to save, and did not born again. Many devote religion people will be shock in the Judgement Day, that they will be end up in the lake of fire. Now, I am discuss on second group-Christians claim, 'I am already saved' still practice sin. Lot of Christians in America, believe in eternal unconditional security- so called, 'Once Saved Always Saved'(OSAS), or 'Perservance of the Saints' of Calvinism's fifth point of TULIP. Christians were taught by pastors, bible colleges, books, links, etc. that they say, "You are now already saved, because Christ already paid all our sins -past, present, and future at Calvary, no worry about our salvation, long as we are secured in Christ, our sins would not effect our salvation. Also, you can lose reward in the heaven, but you still always saved.".

I believe the teaching of unconditional security salvation is danger. Because, this doctrine gives them the false hope, and it is still okay to continue sinning while still saved. Christ tells us very clear- "You CANNOT serve two masters at same time"- Matt. 6:24. His point was, we cannot serve Christ, while serve sins at same time. In 1 John 3:9 tells us, a truly born again believer CANNOT sin. Of course, God knows we as genuine Christians do sin daily-1 John 1:9. 1 John 3:9 points out that we as truly born again Christian do NOT continue practice sinning as habitually daily.

Sadly, many truly saved Christians do continue sinning as habitually everyday for long time, because they thought they are already saved at once, because of what their pastors told them so. They are being brainwashed for believing the false hope of false doctrines.

In Matt. 7:23, Christ will say to them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work INIQUITY." I want to discuss on two words- 'knew', and 'iniquity'. First, focus on 'knew'. 'Knew' speaks of having relationship. There are lot of "know" in first epistle of John, not the gospel of John, I mean three epistles of John prior Jude and Revelation. 'Know' speaks of having relationship with God throughout our Christian life, and in our walk in the light as daily life. Many Christians claim, 'I know Jesus', but they still practical sinning life, therefore, they are lack of having relationship with God. Same likewise as God do not know them, because of no relationship. If they continue walk in the dark, and have no light in them, therefore, Christ is NOT in them.

Many Christians who hold eternal security doctrine, will be shock in the Judgment Day, thought they are already saved, and their names were already wrote in the Book of Life, will be end up in the lake of fire. The reason why, God will not allow people into His Kingdom-1. never ask Jesus to be saved as never born again 2. did asked Christ to saved, did repented of sin, but afterward, back to sinning for long time. I have seen many Christians claim, they did attend church daily, did serve the Lord, but they love the world at the same time. Therefore, God will NOT allow Christians to enter the Kingdom, because of continue sinning life without repent all the way to death(Phyiscal) or Lord comes.

I fear that 90% of devote religion people and Christians who hold eternal security doctrine, will be shock at the Judgment Day, will be end up in the lake of fire.

In Christ

Comment

Thank everyone for the comments. I would like to discuss on three groups- 1. People never go to church and like sinning 2. Devoted religion people 3. Christians claim 'I am already saved' and still sinning.

I am focus on two groups- devoted religion people, and of course Christian claim, 'I am already saved', still sinning. First, start with devote religion people. I want to discuss on Matt. 7:21-23. Christ said: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesised in thy name? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

My understanding there are two reasons why, they are not all genuinely saved. Many devote religion people know Jesus, they did many wonderful works for God or Jesus, they are doing their own good works for earn salvation, to enter into heaven. But, they are not saved in the first place. Because, they did not ask Jesus to save, and did not born again. Many devote religion people will be shock in the Judgement Day, that they will be end up in the lake of fire. Now, I am discuss on second group-Christians claim, 'I am already saved' still practice sin. Lot of Christians in America, believe in eternal unconditional security- so called, 'Once Saved Always Saved'(OSAS), or 'Perservance of the Saints' of Calvinism's fifth point of TULIP. Christians were taught by pastors, bible colleges, books, links, etc. that they say, "You are now already saved, because Christ already paid all our sins -past, present, and future at Calvary, no worry about our salvation, long as we are secured in Christ, our sins would not effect our salvation. Also, you can lose reward in the heaven, but you still always saved.".

I believe the teaching of unconditional security salvation is danger. Because, this doctrine gives them the false hope, and it is still okay to continue sinning while still saved. Christ tells us very clear- "You CANNOT serve two masters at same time"- Matt. 6:24. His point was, we cannot serve Christ, while serve sins at same time. In 1 John 3:9 tells us, a truly born again believer CANNOT sin. Of course, God knows we as genuine Christians do sin daily-1 John 1:9. 1 John 3:9 points out that we as truly born again Christian do NOT continue practice sinning as habitually daily.

Sadly, many truly saved Christians do continue sinning as habitually everyday for long time, because they thought they are already saved at once, because of what their pastors told them so. They are being brainwashed for believing the false hope of false doctrines.

In Matt. 7:23, Christ will say to them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work INIQUITY." I want to discuss on two words- 'knew', and 'iniquity'. First, focus on 'knew'. 'Knew' speaks of having relationship. There are lot of "know" in first epistle of John, not the gospel of John, I mean three epistles of John prior Jude and Revelation. 'Know' speaks of having relationship with God throughout our Christian life, and in our walk in the light as daily life. Many Christians claim, 'I know Jesus', but they still practical sinning life, therefore, they are lack of having relationship with God. Same likewise as God do not know them, because of no relationship. If they continue walk in the dark, and have no light in them, therefore, Christ is NOT in them.

Many Christians who hold eternal security doctrine, will be shock in the Judgment Day, thought they are already saved, and their names were already wrote in the Book of Life, will be end up in the lake of fire. The reason why, God will not allow people into His Kingdom-1. never ask Jesus to be saved as never born again 2. did asked Christ to saved, did repented of sin, but afterward, back to sinning for long time. I have seen many Christians claim, they did attend church daily, did serve the Lord, but they love the world at the same time. Therefore, God will NOT allow Christians to enter the Kingdom, because of continue sinning life without repent all the way to death(Phyiscal) or Lord comes.

I fear that 90% of devote religion people and Christians who hold eternal security doctrine, will be shock at the Judgment Day, will be end up in the lake of fire.

In Christ
                      That is all nice..

Before one states it can be lost..
                      Perhaps it should be defined.

What is salvation?
                      What occurs at salvation.....
                      What exactly can we lose..
                      Who owns salvation and did the labor for it?
                      Who payed the price for salvation?
                      What God came up with the concept of salvation, was he aware sin was on the earth.. or did sin take him by total surprise?
                      How does the spirit fit into all this?

I would love to see a in depth analysis from a NOSAS crusader on what exactly is salvation.

Comment

In Christ

Because He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.

Comment

In Christ
                          His grace. My faith.
                          If you start making lists of what you have done that make you worthy, you have missed the mark entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
                            His grace. My faith.
                            If you start making lists of what you have done that make you worthy, you have missed the mark entirely.
                            Amen! Jesus Christ lived a sinless perfect life, died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day to provide for us eternal life. Either we are completely trusting in Him for salvation or else we are not.
                            Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Noonzie View Post
                              Because He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.
                              What's that mean, Noonzie? Is it all God's choice? Does God say:
                              "These few I LOVE and created them to be righteous and saved, but all these others I HATE and I created them to be hated and to be sinful and to perish (and there's nothing either can do about it)"?

Is that God's attitude?

Comment

Working...
                              X