This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Trinity - Please Explain

Just wanted to get some views on the Trinity and how you would describe it.

My theology Prof gives a definition of the Trinity as:

"God exists in three persons relating."

Give me your opinion.
    www.myspace.com/nazarinbassist

http://seanwwilkinson.blogspot.com/

Well as an Engineer, I hink of the trinity as I do of water. IT can exist in three states, Ice, Water, or Vapor. All three are water, and all three have distinct attributes in that state, and can exist simultaneously at a triple point (where the pressure and temperature are right).

I also feel that the Trinity of God is a perfect reflection of what man was create as...I'm a Trichotimist. I believe man has a Physical being, the immortal soul, and a spirit. At the fall the spirit died, but when we are saved the Holy spirit comes along beside us and regenerates us. I think thats why the Trinity is important.

Comment

this is the way i explain the trinity...you can describe it easily using the example of a person and a journal.

if I wrote a journal explaining who i was and what i was all about this would represent all 3 parts of the trinity. There would be "me" as a physical person (God) and "me" represented in writing as a journal (Jesus). Now lets suppose someone came along and read the journal about me, as i said I explain who i am and what i represent in this journal, i give them vivid details of what i expect of others and how i think they should act. In my physical absence all of the information i convey in the journal makes up the 3rd "me" or "spirit of me" (holy spirit).

see, easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenOne View Post
        Just wanted to get some views on the Trinity and how you would describe it.

My theology Prof gives a definition of the Trinity as:

"God exists in three persons relating."

Give me your opinion.

Let your prof. try this one out.

"God exists in three Persons Being One."
        ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

What if Trinity isn't right?

What if God isn't 3 persons in one? What if we have gotten that all wrong? Have you ever noticed that Paul always opens his letters and ends his letters with something similar to, "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." He never seems to mention the Holy Spirit in his openings or closings. Why would he constantly leave out the Holy Spirit from his greetings and closings?

jamison

Comment

Originally posted by jamison View Post
            What if God isn't 3 persons in one? What if we have gotten that all wrong? Have you ever noticed that Paul always opens his letters and ends his letters with something similar to, "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." He never seems to mention the Holy Spirit in his openings or closings. Why would he constantly leave out the Holy Spirit from his greetings and closings?

jamison
            this could be a "dumb" answer, but could it be because at the time of writing the Holy Spirit was (and I believe still is) active within the body of beleivers. Is still ministering presently, where as the ministry of the Father and Christ are a bit more... withdrawn to heaven?

Comment

This thread is closed pending moderator review. More details to follow...
              Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
              Not second or third, but first.
              Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
              when He is the source of all hope,
              when His love is received and freely given,
              holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
              will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Working...
              X