The Powers Of The Mind (TK/PK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Powers Of The Mind (TK/PK)

I have a pretty interesting question for anyone experienced in the matter. It's known that most people only use a small percentage of their mind but some with gifted abilities use a larger percentage. It is also possible to train yourself to use a larger percentage or portion of your mind that would otherwise be unaccessible. This topic covers Telekinesis/Psychokinesis.

Everything that exists is made up of energy. Our mind uses a lot of energy as one of the world most mysterious and misused things. We all possess the ability to generate energy through our mind but only few know how to use this power. The skills of the mind usually gain the prefix tele or psycho and there are quite a few of them including the famous pyrokinesis, or control over fire with the mind.

My majority question is, does the Bible or God say anything about this power deeming it bad. E.G. is tk/pk and other powerful mind forms deemed witchcraft. I've pondered this question a while but haven't found any evidence that states using the mind to a larger extent as a bad thing. Can someone please help?

Perhaps you should first define some terms such as -

1. mind. Do you make the distinction between it and the brain?

2. 'generate energy through our mind'.

3. Power.. In what sense do few know how to use this 'power'?

In general though, whenever our mind taps into powers not in dependence on God and His Word e.g. pyrokinesis it is subjecting itself to 'another' power which amounts to the occult.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clark.

The Bible is against witchcraft and magic, not becuase they don't work, but because stem from the lending of demonic powers to humans. The Bible supports the existence of the occult, and it teaches that occult powers come from people being manipulated by demons. These people may think they are in control of special powers, but in reality they are being manipulated by demons.

Paul says in Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ."

My question is, how do you know this teaching is valid, and not a deceptive pseudoscience? It is not generally respected as a scientifically valid within the mainstream sphere, so on what basis do you think you have found truth outside both mainstream science and religion? Do you suppose there is a conspiracy to supress knowledge of 'mental powers,' or do you merely purpose that our science is not advanced enough at this time to fully understand this function of the brain?

I would carefully investigate the truthfullness of this idea. All that is true is God's truth, but there are many things that claim truth but are a lie. All lies enslave and lead away from God, and the Bible does not address all possible lies. I would suggest you study skeptically to see if this indeed from God.

If you are asking my opinion, it seems possible to me that the human brain does have unrealized abilities, but I doubt that it is as sensational as what you are interested in. I would suggest that more likely, those who claim to have supernatural abilities such as the manipulation of fire are being manipulated by demons to believe that they have this mental power in order to get them to worship their own mind. They may appear to have real power, and may demonstrate actual supernatural ability/miracles, but they are not in control of what is going on. There is an evil spiritual entity that is lending such power that is actually in control.

This said, I could be wrong, there is a lot that science hasn't discovered. However, those who have ventured off the cutting edge of science to understand that which is a mystery to them have often reaped devasting consequences. Marie Curie irradiated herself trying to understand X-rays. Nuclear engineers destroyed Chernobyl trying to provide clean, efficent power. Chemical engineers searching for better ways to grow crops, perserve food, and manfufacture goods have created numerous carcinogens and poisons and poisoned thousands over the years. Social scientists experimenting with communism destroyed the economy of eastern Europe.

Whenever you go exploring, whether spiritually or scientifically, be warned that the powers you are dealing with are greater that yourself and dangerous, especially to those that do not understand them.

Because the occult is so dangerous, I strongly advise that no one be involved with anything that could be occult in any way. Demons are a lot smarter and more dangerous than we give them credit for, and they come in many disguises.
      "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I've seen quite a few videos of people demonstrating this power but it's hard to separate the frauds from the actuality. There's just so much mystery in the world and it's too hard to separate what's bad from what's good, especially when it comes to mind and body manipulation. Either way, I guess it's not worth the risk of going to hell so I'm not going to try and learn it.

Comment

Thing is, we have no power in and of ourselves. It is the spiritual aspect which works through us. The mind is powerful, and it is very much controlling what comes out of us in action, words and deed.

Best thing to do is know your scripture, know what is of God so that if confronted with anything you will know the difference. That is called discernment, something we all can have. Know your Lord, and over time things of the darkness will stand out more and more.
          Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
          Not second or third, but first.
          Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
          when He is the source of all hope,
          when His love is received and freely given,
          holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
          will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Hi Jake,
            Are you at it again?

Originally posted by Master Jake View Post
            ... Either way, I guess it's not worth the risk of going to hell so I'm not going to try and learn it.
            Oh. OK. Good for you!

Jesus has the power and not us.
            We rely on Him and on the power of His name.

What more could you want?
            Richard

Comment

it would be really cool, though

Comment

Originally posted by TruthFaith View Post
                it would be really cool, though
                What do you mean, really cool? To have powers like that? There is more power in faith in Christ than anything we can create in this world or our imagination!
                Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                Not second or third, but first.
                Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                when He is the source of all hope,
                when His love is received and freely given,
                holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Here is an interesting book on the power of the mind
                  http://www.gospelassemblyfree.com/facts/latentsoul.htm
                  ...be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, that Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be full of strength to apprehend with all the saints what the breadth and length and height and depth are and to know the knowledge-surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. Eph. 3:16-19

Comment

As much as I appreciate everyone's reply, my question still hasn't been answered.

Is Telekinetic abilities a sin/witchcraft and will you go to hell for it?

That's all I really wanted to know

Comment

It's known that most people only use a small percentage of their mind but some with gifted abilities use a larger percentage.
                      This in itself is a false statement. Nothing against you, but many people don't know the facts about this.

You're referring to the statement that "Humans only use 10% of their brains."

The part people don't know about is that we only use 10% at a time. The average person does use all of their brain, not just a "small percentage". The thing is they only use a "small percentage" at a time. If I'm reading a book, the parts of my brain that are working are the ones for translating visual symbols (letters) to comprehensible ideas, and maybe the muscle-control part (for turning the pages of the book). Otherwise, I'm not going to be using the parts of my brain for verbal communication, for taste, for math-solving, for writing, for smelling, for listening, for memory, etc. Likewise, when you do math problems, you're not using the parts of your brain related to images, or for hand-eye coordination, for chewing food, etc. Plus, a good deal of the brain controls involuntary things (breathing, heartbeat, etc.).

People use all of their brains, just not all of the time.
                      To This Day

Comment

As much as I appreciate everyone's reply, my question still hasn't been answered.

Is Telekinetic abilities a sin/witchcraft and will you go to hell for it?

That's all I really wanted to know
                        Itís an occult pursuit in that: it is attempting to manipulate the physical world with the power of the human mind.
                        Not very far at all from trying to become god-like. ĎOne of the serpentís lies.

Richard

Comment

Well I for one do not think I use 1% of my brain most of the time!!! However, I do have a question, can someone think of two different things at the same time. I am not talking about using motor control’s and talking at the same time. I am talking about figuring out two math problems at the same moment. Is it possible to reason through two different problems at the same moment? For me I can only reason through one thing at a time. I may be able to do it extremely fast, but I am still limited reasoning through one thing at a time. I ask this question because I have had someone tell me that they can think of two things at once, and I doubted their ability.

Comment

I can think of two things at once. Give me a sec. Thinking...here it comes...'TWO THINGS AT ONCE' . Whew, I did it.
                            ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Originally posted by Chimon View Post
                              This said, I could be wrong, there is a lot that science hasn't discovered. However, those who have ventured off the cutting edge of science to understand that which is a mystery to them have often reaped devasting consequences. Marie Curie irradiated herself trying to understand X-rays. Nuclear engineers destroyed Chernobyl trying to provide clean, efficent power. Chemical engineers searching for better ways to grow crops, perserve food, and manfufacture goods have created numerous carcinogens and poisons and poisoned thousands over the years. Social scientists experimenting with communism destroyed the economy of eastern Europe.
                              No, you're right - it's a demonically controlled 'ability'. It's the same as mediums, ever wonder why they seem to be able to see only 'ghosts', nothing more? "Demonic revelation", if you will.

Comment

Working...
                              X