Whosoever Will!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Whosoever Will!!!

According to the following scriptures, Gods gift to those that believe is offered freely to those that desire/want it.

Is 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Jn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jn 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Mt 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Can we unwillingly receive the gift of God?

Firstfruits

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
    According to the following scriptures, Gods gift to those that believe is offered freely to those that desire/want it.

Is 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Jn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jn 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Mt 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Firstfruits
    No, but our willlingness might well be seen as resulting from God's gracious work within us.

Comment

Firstfruits
      Greetings Firstfruits,

Whosoever will believe? Whosoever can believe? And how will this be accomplished? Free will or God's will?

Many Blessings,
      RW

Comment

Originally posted by petepet View Post
        No, but our willlingness might well be seen as resulting from God's gracious work within us.
        So even though God has willingly offered the gift, unless we wiilingly accept it we cannot have it.

Can we be willing and unwilling at the same time regarding Gods gift?

"Whosoever will" means whoever desires/wants.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by RogerW View Post
          Greetings Firstfruits,

Whosoever will believe? Whosoever can believe? And how will this be accomplished? Free will or God's will?

Many Blessings,
          RW
          Willingly = One's own accord, Ones own free will, Freely.

By willingly accepting Gods free Gift we ought to willingly do the will of God.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by petepet View Post
            That's how I see it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma View Post
              That's how I see it too.
              That is according to our willingness, not unwillngness. Did you receive Gods gift willingly or unwillingly?

Has God given his gift to anyone that was not willing to accept.

If Someone offers you something that you do not want or desire will you unwillingly take it?

Willingly = freely

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

That is according to our willingness, not unwillngness. Did you receive Gods gift willingly or unwillingly?

Has God given his gift to anyone that was not willing to accept.

If Someone offers you something that you do not want or desire will you unwillingly take it?

Willingly = freely

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Psa 110:3
                Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power,.....

Comment

So even though God has willingly offered the gift, unless we wiilingly accept it we cannot have it.

Can we be willing and unwilling at the same time regarding Gods gift?

"Whosoever will" means whoever desires/wants.

God bless you!

Firstfruits
                  I agree. It is a free gift that Christ offers to anyone who willingly desires it and accepts it. Christ isn't going to give the gift to anyone without them indicating that they want it. People must willingly choose whether to accept the gift or not.

Comment

Originally posted by John146 View Post
                    I agree. It is a free gift that Christ offers to anyone who willingly desires it and accepts it. Christ isn't going to give the gift to anyone without them indicating that they want it. People must willingly choose whether to accept the gift or not.
                    I think God can give the gift without people really accepting it and still give an individual salvation. We have to realize that sometimes people aren't in their right minds, and thus - it is up to God in his wisdom and descretion to make a judgement call on whether to enact his mercy upon an individual in such a situation.

This is kind of an interesting comparison, take it as you will...but I was watching the movie the other day I am legend, where people were infected with some sort of madness virus which caused them to become mindless evil zombies. Will Smith kind of played the prototypical savior of the movie, and at the end - a cure was found to rid the world of the virus.

Think of the virus as being sin, and the gift or cure as being God's mercy. So I guess the bottom line is that we must at times realize that man in his thoughts and actions, isn't always entirely capable of doing that which is pleasing to God...this includes accepting the gift of salvation. Think about it this way, who in their right mind would truly not accept such a gift? If it were a simple matter of acceptance and our entire ability to do so, then most of us would already have entered the promised land at this point.

In Christ,

Stephen
                    Last edited by Friend of I AM; Oct 21st 2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

What you are saying is really unscriptural. If all it took was God to Give the Gift without man having to accept it, then why wouldn't he just save everyone? We know from 2 Peter that God does not desire that any should perish, but that all come to repentance.

It also seems to me to go against what Jesus said. "I am the way, truth, and the life no man cometh to the father but by me." Or that broad is the path of transgression and strait and narrow is the path of salvation (paraphrasing) etc.

Comment

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in youboth to will and to do of his good pleasure

God works it in us, and we work it out.

If God has not worked it in us to will and to do, then no man can work it out.

The only thing so called 'free will' can achieve is, man made religion and a man made intellectual salvation.

When I first fell in love with my wife, I did not free will choose to love her. When I met her, something was created in my heart, that grew and grew. That something in my heart was so attracted to her, and I could not resist or reject.

Comment

Originally posted by Veretax View Post
                          What you are saying is really unscriptural. If all it took was God to Give the Gift without man having to accept it, then why wouldn't he just save everyone? We know from 2 Peter that God does not desire that any should perish, but that all come to repentance.

It also seems to me to go against what Jesus said. "I am the way, truth, and the life no man cometh to the father but by me." Or that broad is the path of transgression and strait and narrow is the path of salvation (paraphrasing) etc.

Would that not be where the receiving/accepting part comes into play?

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of I AM View Post
                            I think God can give the gift without people really accepting it and still give an individual salvation. We have to realize that sometimes people aren't in their right minds, and thus - it is up to God in his wisdom and descretion to make a judgement call on whether to enact his mercy upon an individual in such a situation.
                            Sorry, but that didn't make much sense to me.

This is kind of an interesting comparison, take it as you will...but I was watching the movie the other day I am legend, where people were infected with some sort of madness virus which caused them to become mindless evil zombies. Will Smith kind of played the prototypical savior of the movie, and at the end - a cure was found to rid the world of the virus.

Think of the virus as being sin, and the gift or cure as being God's mercy. So I guess the bottom line is that we must at times realize that man in his thoughts and actions, isn't always entirely capable of doing that which pleasing to God...this includes accepting the gift of salvation. Think about it this way, who in their right mind would truly not accept such a gift? If it were a simple matter of acceptance and our entire ability to do so, then most of us would already have entered the promised land at this point.

In Christ,

Stephen
                            I disagree. Many people who saw Jesus do miracles and heard Him say amazing things still rejected Him. So, for you to say that no one in their right mind would not accept such a gift is not a realistic thing to say. Many people would rather do their own thing and take pleasure in the evil things of this world than have to submit to God and be accountable to Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
                              Would that not be where the receiving/accepting part comes into play?
                              Would that be willingly or unwillingly? remembering that Jesus said "Take it freely" meaning willingly.

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                              X