Is it "Just a Term" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it "Just a Term" ??

Jn 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the true and living way: no one comes to the Father but by me.

Acts 19:9 But when some were hardened and disobedient, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus.
    Acts 19:23 About that time there arose no small stir concerning the Way.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess to you, that after the Way, which they call a sect, so I serve the God of our fathers, believing all things which are according to the law, and which are written in the prophets;

Acts 24:22 But Felix, having more exact knowledge concerning the Way, deferred them, saying, "When Lysias, the commanding officer, comes down, I will decide your case."

"The Way" Why was the following of Christ called this??
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Re: Is it "Just a Term" ??

It was a sect of Judaism who's name was founded on the core belief that Christ was the only way to the Father. (sorry guy on the mountain top who was a "good" person)

Comment

Hi Ta-An, God bless you.
      Although I am not an early church scholar, I agree with jesse.
      It was one of many surnames or titles given to and accepted by the followers of Christ, before Constantine's rule.

Jesus said: drop your stuff and follow me!
      If Jesus goes this way or that way, or does things this way or that way, then those who follow Him go that same way, or do things that same way. " The Way "

God bless.
      John 4:1 Worship in Spirit.

Originally posted by jesse View Post
      It was a sect of Judaism who's name was founded on the core belief that Christ was the only way to the Father. (sorry guy on the mountain top who was a "good" person)

Comment

Matt 7:14 - " the way " refers to a path of belief that leads to life and only a few may find it.

The way became a title of the church and Jesus's followers before the term " Christian " was used.
        See Acts 9: 2 versus
        Acts 11:26 when Christian was used for the first time in the Bible.

Comment

Working...
        X