Are all forgiven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all forgiven?

To forgive is to bring healing to one’s offender. Jesus brought us forgiveness by freely accepting the most painful death for expressing love through his words and actions. Through His sacrifice Jesus imprints his spirit of love on our heart; which heals us by enabling us to die to sin and accept righteousness (1Peter 2:24). Jesus brings forgiveness to all (including those who betrayed him and were unfaithful to him). Those who accept his forgiving spirit accept his forgiveness. On the other hand those who reject his forgiving spirit by refusing to forgive reject his forgiveness.

Re: Are all forgiven?

Originally posted by arunangelo View Post
    To forgive is to bring healing to one’s offender. Jesus brought us forgiveness by freely accepting the most painful death for expressing love through his words and actions. Through His sacrifice Jesus imprints his spirit of love on our heart; which heals us by enabling us to die to sin and accept righteousness (1Peter 2:24). Jesus brings forgiveness to all (including those who betrayed him and were unfaithful to him). Those who accept his forgiving spirit accept his forgiveness. On the other hand those who reject his forgiving spirit by refusing to forgive reject his forgiveness.
    Christ's forgiveness is made available to all people. That's the point of passages that speak of Him saving the whole world, but people must respond and accept His invitation and follow Him. How wonderful to have His spirit of love imprinted in my heart!

God bless.
    God Bless,
    Tom

Romans 6:2b-4 -- How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Comment

Originally posted by arunangelo View Post
      I believe the Bible makes a distinction between "reconciliation" and "forgiveness." I think we will find that the atoning sacrifice of Jesus brings reconciliation between God and the whole world, but the granting of forgiveness is restricted only to those who repent and confess.

Comment

Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
        Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Comment

Originally posted by fewarechosen View Post
          Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
          Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Now, tie those verses with these and come to a COMPLETE understanding...

John 5:23-25
          King James Version (KJV)
          23*That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24*Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25*Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

All SIN is paid for - once for all.

The forgiveness comes when we understand that we NEED that payment and cannot stand on our own merits.

Is Jesus the Savior of ALL mankind? Absolutely.

Will all ACCEPT Him and the Gift He provided? Nope.
            I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
            - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by BroRog View Post
              I believe the Bible makes a distinction between "reconciliation" and "forgiveness."
              I think we will find that the atoning sacrifice of Jesus brings reconciliation between God and the whole world,
              but the granting of forgiveness is restricted only to those who repent and confess.
              with your Biblical Beliefs & very much appreciate the contributing points...
              although it doesn't surprise me at all that you're of the minority opinion (so far)...

since the "automatic forgiveness" theory seems to be the most popular these days

Comment

{Hebrews 10 NKJV}

Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law),
                9 then He said,“Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
                10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
                12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
                13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
                14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
                16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”
                17 then He adds,Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
                18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

MANY of the underlined points in this passage of Scripture; are implied as a BASIS for the popular "automatic forgiveness" THEORY

Comment

{Hebrews 10 NKJV}
                  Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
                  20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
                  21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
                  22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
                  23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
                  24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
                  25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

this SAME chapter demonstrates the benefits of OUR drawing near with a TRUE heart... & holding fast, by persevering in Jesus' NEW & Living Way...
                  so it turns out that WE DO have an active ROLE IN MAINTAINING our relationship with Christ

Comment

Hebrews 10 ALSO contains a very stark forewarning AGAINST freeloading off the Sacrifice of Christ OR taking God's Grace for granted...

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
                    27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
                    28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
                    29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
                    30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”
                    31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Comment

Working...
                    X