What Will You Be Doing In Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will You Be Doing In Heaven?

"As I walk along this Christian path, it's just more and more glimpses of the glory of Jesus Christ which more and more enraptures my heart and leads me to worship Him. What will Heaven be? The same thing, except greater."

How Is It Like In Heaven? by Paul Washer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpydcgGeFqo

Read Revelation 21-22 to find out what the bride of Christ will be doing in New Heaven and New Earth.

We will be ruling over the Nations of the Earth with Christ.

Comment

Can I bag the gardening duty?

Comment

I would like to serve in the department of Astro Engineering. I would like to create a galaxy or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post
          I would like to serve in the department of Astro Engineering. I would like to create a galaxy or two.
          Mankind does not have this kind of creative power, even after his transfiguration into an everlasting Christlike body.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamplighter View Post
            Read Revelation 21-22 to find out what the bride of Christ will be doing in New Heaven and New Earth.

We will be ruling over the Nations of the Earth with Christ.
            Just curious, who would we be ruling over? Ourselves? Or just creation in general perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by legoman View Post
              Just curious, who would we be ruling over? Ourselves? Or just creation in general perhaps.
              The Bride rules over the Nations of people who are not in the bride of Christ, that refuse to follow Satan, after he is released from his prison starting in Rev 20:7 to form one last army of men from all nations to fight against God.

The Bride of Christ are those who are saved in the current grace dispensation. Those saved in the future after the Bride of Christ are caught up, are not going to the Lake Of Fire, but they will instead make up the nations of people that the bride of Christ rules over at the end of the book of Revelation along with Christ. They will be able to have children. The last several books of Revelation explain it very nicely. Start in Revelation 19:11 and read through to the end.

Comment

well if I were in Heaven I would spend time with Jesus and thank him for dying for us and saving me from eternal death then meet an thank God hang out with the guys that wrote the bible and then hit Heavens Skatepark! lol

Comment

What heaven was like used to be a mystery to me. As a kid I would see cartoons of people like angels, sitting on a cloud, playing a harp.

Then, some years ago, I had some wonderful Bible teaching that believers from the time of Paul till now, and beyond? only God knows, are members of the ecclesia, body of Christ, and that we are a special body, a new creation, made up Jews and Gentiles, rich and poor, male and female, all one in Christ (Gal.4:28). And, that God has a special purpose for us as Paul sets forth, especially in the last prison epistles: Ephesians and Colossians.

Back to the question.

We, the body of Christ, will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, and then always be with the Lord. We will be taken to the heavenlies to experience every spiritual blessing prepared by God (Eph. 1:3).
                  As sons of God (not a bride!), He considers us as heirs and joint-heirs with Christ.
                  In God's mind we have been raised up with Christ and seated with Him in the heavenlies, "in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:6-8).
                  It is through us, the church/body, human beings now with spiritual bodies, not needing air to breathe, or food to stay alive, for we have been vivified, made alive to never die again.
                  It is God's intention that through the church/body, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenlies, according to His purpose of the ages which he accomplishes in Christ Jesus (Eph. 3:10-11).

Evidently, their are spirit beings (not angels) out in the universe who need to know of God's grace and wisdom, and we, the church/body, will be the "missionaries", if you will, to do this. And this as co-heirs with Christ.

That is my understanding of a little bit of what we will be experiencing.
                  Amen and Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
                    "As I walk along this Christian path, it's just more and more glimpses of the glory of Jesus Christ which more and more enraptures my heart and leads me to worship Him. What will Heaven be? The same thing, except greater."

How Is It Like In Heaven? by Paul Washer
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpydcgGeFqo
                    We believe when all is done there will be a new heavens and new earth. We know the Kingdom will be God's so..... wow. I just can't really imagine all we may be doing.
                    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

The Bride rules over the Nations of people who are not in the bride of Christ, that refuse to follow Satan, after he is released from his prison starting in Rev 20:7 to form one last army of men from all nations to fight against God.
                      That's not possible. Those people will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). All whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. No exceptions.

Rev 20:15
                      And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
                      24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
                      26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
                      27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

In this case, "the nations" represent all people who have their names written in the Lamb's book of life. Only believers will be there. Unbelievers will all be in the lake of fire. If unbelievers were still around then there would still be sin and death. But Rev 21:4 says there will be no more death, pain, crying or sorrow at that time.

Comment

I am holding our for a management position

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
                          I am holding our for a management position
                          Hmmm, that means that Pastors are in Sales then, not Management, right?
                          All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace;
                          And your best days are never so good that you're beyond the need of God's grace.

Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world,
                          so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.

Comment

The Bride of Christ are those who are saved in the current grace dispensation. Those saved in the future after the Bride of Christ are caught up, are not going to the Lake Of Fire, but they will instead make up the nations of people that the bride of Christ rules over at the end of the book of Revelation along with Christ. They will be able to have children. The last several books of Revelation explain it very nicely. Start in Revelation 19:11 and read through to the end.

I have to agree with what John146 said. The NEW Heaven & NEW Earth will be exactly that! The curse of sin & death will be gone. It's the ETERNALLY PERFECT, new creation. No unbelievers will be present; they'll be eternally separated from God & his grace.
                            Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markdrums View Post
                              I have to agree with what John146 said. The NEW Heaven & NEW Earth will be exactly that! The curse of sin & death will be gone. It's the ETERNALLY PERFECT, new creation. No unbelievers will be present; they'll be eternally separated from God & his grace.
                              Which leads me back to my question.

What/who will we be reigning over?

Comment

Working...
                              X