accountable on being wishy washy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accountable on being wishy washy

I have trouble believing that the Bible is the inspired word of God (in my mind),partly because of the devils insistance that its not and partly because of my former belief in the apocrypha as the inspired work.
    (in my heart I believe it is the word of God. Everytime I read from the
    bible and I doubt scripture,the Holy Spirit has to come into my heart
    and explain to me that it is the word of God)

I believed in the apocrypha of my amazement of "extra books"
    in the bible of the catholic,orthodox bibles. I began dealing
    with the catholic church and when I saw more books in the
    Orthodox canon,I began dealing with the Orthodox canon of
    the orthodox church. It took me along time to realize that it is
    not an inspired work of god through the Holy Spirit. I seldom read
    it or believe in it anymore. But once in a while,I would come back
    and ponder it.

The Holy Spirit told me to stop being wishy-washy on
    what I believe or he will hold me accountable.
    Last edited by godsgrace22; Oct 31st 2008, 11:45 AM. Reason: on god and his word

Originally posted by godsgrace22 View Post

The Holy Spirit told me to stop being wishy-washy on
    what I believe or he will hold me accountable.
    Jesus said,
    "the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. " John 4:26

Comment

'Always a good idea to listen to the Holy Spirit!

...Not just about whether the the Word (not the apocrypha) is true, but also about 'wishy-washiness' in general.

Take heart! If God is dealing with you, He's not finished with you.

As for the Bible, it may consist of many books, but I'm convinced it has one author.
      God's Word constantly reveals new layers of truth and wisdom - and has a continuity which could only be the result of the Spirit.

I've read the apocrypha. The "other books" just don't have the same "life" or truth in them.

Comment

James 1:6-But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

This verse is speaking of asking God for wisdom. God is all Wise. If the Holy Spirit is convicting your heart to take heed to what is being said in the Bible and the Bible alone, then take heed. When you don't, the above verse is what happens, you begin to get tossed in your mind and thoughts as to what is true and what is not. Stand firm on the Word of God, for on it you stand on solid ground.
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Working...
        X