What makes a doctrine false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a doctrine false?

If you don't agree with 100% of a doctrine or a certain theology does that make it all false teaching? For example, there are certain tenets of the reformed theology I believe and other aspects that I'm not so sure. I don't see why that would make the entire doctrine false but some believe that.
    I know what I know
    I know what I don't know
    I don't know what I don't know.

Re: What makes a doctrine false?

It not being true makes it false doctrine, and also it has nothing to do with what you believe only what is true.

and false doctrine can be mixed with true doctrine, In which case the false parts are false and the true parts are true.

It not being true makes it false doctrine, and also it has nothing to do with what you believe only what is true.

and false doctrine can be mixed with true doctrine, In which case the false parts are false and the true parts are true.

Comment

Satan gets his way in leading us astray by giving us 90% truth mixed with 10% lie.

Our lives are better when we are willing to throw that 10% out and keep the 90%.

We know that 10% to throw out by reading our bibles. Those who don't read their bibles accept also the 10%.

It is possible, also, that we read our bibles but don't believe it because man has taught us that the meaning is something other than what it says. That happens fairly easily when we read only part of the scriptures and not all of it.

God will separate the wheat from the chaff. In our way, in what man teaches, we must do the same.
      Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
      George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        If you don't agree with 100% of a doctrine or a certain theology does that make it all false teaching? For example, there are certain tenets of the reformed theology I believe and other aspects that I'm not so sure. I don't see why that would make the entire doctrine false but some believe that.
        Nick, do you know how many reformist and how many calvinists don't accepts parts of the respective doctrine of each?

Do they call themselves 1/2 reformist or 1/2 calvinists?

Nope. They call themselves a "Reformist" or a "Calvinist" and they secretly deny portions of their faith because if they admitted this denial to other Reformists or Calvinists, then they would be put out or an effort would be made to indoctrinate them fully.

It is expected that there will be misunderstanding concerning scriptures as a person of faith in God matures from a babe in Christ. However, when a person can take scripture and point out specific errors in a doctrine, as you can with the reformed position... then why accept the position? Just because "some" of it does align with scripture?

No... align yourself with ONLY the scriptures and call yourself a "Christian."

This reminds me... wait, gotta go check the smoker, the pork has been on since 5am and it's almost the first hour... BRB.

When I was getting ready to deploy to Iraq in 2003, I was given new sets of dog-tags. When they asked me my religion, I answered "Christian". The person looked at me and asked me to specify what type of Christian and gave me a list of all the many religions. I handed them back the paper and said... "The type that believes in Jesus Christ". So... I was the only one to have "Christian" stamped on the dog-tags that day.

Stand up for what is 100% scriptural Nick! If a portion is not scriptural, then it's FALSE as a whole! That portion that is false, the Bible defines and has a name for the false parts and the term is "leaven".

Teaching anything that is of the reformist position is "leaven" because of those portions that are not aligned with the Bible.
        --
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

False doctrines leads to death. Sound doctrine leads to life. A bad doctrine reassures a person that if they just believe the doctrine...all will be ok. There is no need them to seek further for the Lord...

But God hates a false claim and a false standard that makes the sufferings of Christ to no account. God goe to a LOT of trouble to bring us to His presence. Woe to those who take away (or add to) the Lord's work.

False doctrines leads to death. Sound doctrine leads to life. A bad doctrine reassures a person that if they just believe the doctrine...all will be ok. There is no need them to seek further for the Lord...

But God hates a false claim and a false standard that makes the sufferings of Christ to no account. God goe to a LOT of trouble to bring us to His presence. Woe to those who take away (or add to) the Lord's work.

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
          מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
          התהלכו באור

Comment

I noticed that the argument has started up strongly again (although it is often running in the background) on the forum concerning OSAS NOSAS.

I say when the doctrine is taking center place in a persons life (such as either one of the two mentioned arguments) then the purpose of the enemy is being afforded, and the stronghold takes over.

I know this isn't really an answer to your question, I am however opening up a window of thought.
            Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

My (current) understanding is eclectic. Like many here, I have examined my prior positions and after prayer and seeking The Lord I have found some of my prior beliefs wanting.

One of the primary causes of discord in the body, and on this forum is the strong desire for one to share with another what they believe about this or that. We are to do this, and we are commanded to be "firmly persuaded about what we believe"....

... That said, I think it is important to recognize that we all "see through the glass dimly" and none of us have the complete picture (yet). I am thankful that The Lord is faithful to teach me, by His Holy Spirit, and I look forward to what He will show me next.... Even if I have to eat a little crow.

Blessings,
              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
              ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
              ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

My (current) understanding is eclectic. Like many here, I have examined my prior positions and after prayer and seeking The Lord I have found some of my prior beliefs wanting.

One of the primary causes of discord in the body, and on this forum is the strong desire for one to share with another what they believe about this or that. We are to do this, and we are commanded to be "firmly persuaded about what we believe"....

... That said, I think it is important to recognize that we all "see through the glass dimly" and none of us have the complete picture (yet). I am thankful that The Lord is faithful to teach me, by His Holy Spirit, and I look forward to what He will show me next.... Even if I have to eat a little crow.

Blessings,
                * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
                  I am thankful that The Lord is faithful to teach me, by His Holy Spirit, and I look forward to what He will show me next.... Even if I have to eat a little crow.
                  The Lord has had me eat so much crow since He began to tear down all the bondage's and indoctrination to "doctrines" that churches followed, thus "I" followed, instead of following God... at least now when its happening, He first hands me wood, spices, and I then I know... crow is about to be cooked and ate
                  --
                  Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Why must man pick and choose from man's theology? Everything must have a label for some reason. Just study the Word and believe what it says. Some things are clearly revealed (every thing which is MAJOR is clearly revealed), while other areas of Scripture are more open for interpretation (many end-time prophecies fit this description). The problem lies when teachers try to be dogmatic about the latter.
                    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

Originally posted by ChangedByHim View Post
                      Why must man pick and choose from man's theology? Everything must have a label for some reason. Just study the Word and believe what it says. Some things are clearly revealed (every thing which is MAJOR is clearly revealed), while other areas of Scripture are more open for interpretation (many end-time prophecies fit this description). The problem lies when teachers try to be dogmatic about the latter.
                      Hmm, but not every one agrees what is MAJOR. Is it major if you accept a Calvinistic position?

Comment

Originally posted by Vakeros View Post
                        Is it major if you accept a Calvinistic position?
                        Per the OP's topic, here is a question: Do you support the Calvinistic position 100%?
                        --
                        Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                          Per the OP's topic, here is a question: Do you support the Calvinistic position 100%?
                          Go back a bit further....to the progenitor of the Protestant churches....

Do you support what Luther taught?

I go to the church/denomination that comes closest to what I believe the scripture teaches.

Peace, Berean11

Comment

Originally posted by Berean11 View Post
                            Go back a bit further....to the progenitor of the Protestant churches....

Do you support what Luther taught?

I go to the church/denomination that comes closest to what I believe the scripture teaches.

Peace, Berean11
                            I'd nearly bet that you have not found a denomination that teaches everything that you have come to believe, right?

People hold up Luther as some sort of major player in straightening theology out, yet most here would call him a heretic if he posted in this forum. Is it because the truth changed or is it because our doctrines have changed?
                            Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
                            George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

I have noticed that it is common for people say "just read the bible and believe it."

Then, those same people prove through their doctrines that they don't follow their own advice.

Must not be as simple as the statement claims.

Weird, huh?
                              George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Working...
                              X