Pot calling the kettle black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot calling the kettle black

My reading last night was on 1 Samuel 27-28. I wanted to tell you all first, that it was brought to my attention again, how much I am like those in the bible I don't know why I am laughing because it is so painful to be out of God's will, peace, and joy. David gets discouraged, tired of waiting on the Lord, whatever, and he goes over to live with the heathens (phillistines), geesh! All I could think of was "how many times I have done this in my life". Give up on God and go do what I think is best Oh yes, and whine, I can't leave out the whining. I mean David's circumstances are far worse then I have ever faced. I have said to God, to myself, to others, this "God" thing just isn't working out, or, I just don't think You are paying any attention Lord, so I am going to go do this. I usually say something like, if You don't want me to do it You will stop me. Well, I don't believe that, God won't stop me if I blatantly want to turn my back on His provision (meeting ALL my needs). I do know He waits for me with open arms, when I end up in a pigsty againNot that I am thinking that when I go against Him. I don't ever want to take God for granted I'm not sure of the "once saved, always saved"

Everything seems pretty peachie in my life right now, job interviews, more applications (meaning plenty of job openings) and what do I do yesterday when I got home? I got cocky, I saw myself, I was all "high" on what was going on in my life. All of a sudden it was more about me then God, but I caught it. I began to pray, and thank Him. I realized once again that He had done all this for me, and I was taking credit. Just real subtle how it snuck up on me. I suppose it is a continual process of dying to self.

Oh, my mind wandered off, lol, but the pot calling the kettle black showed up when I read my devotional this a.m. It was on Psalm 73, verse 27 in particular:

27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
    You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.

Just made me wonder if David wrote that Psalm before or after he committed spiritual adultery. Again, like me, I can see sin in others so easy, but my own, not so easy. I sometimes see myself walking around with a two-by-four in my eye mad at the world and all their "wrong" doings.

God bless all today, ysic, denise

Re: Pot calling the kettle black

This has been my experience over the years - more than once. How we have to guard against self appreciation and taking our eyes off our only source - Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post
      This has been my experience over the years - more than once. How we have to guard against self appreciation and taking our eyes off our only source - Jesus.
      amen Thanks for your feedback Walls ysic, denise

Comment

Well...praise God, you are THINKING and listening! It is never too late to right a wrong... if God has convicted you of a wrong, and He evidently has, and you are righting it, as I say praise God.

As for once saved, always saved...

This is what God has shown me: John 10:28- "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Not to have this assurance would make me afraid to even get up in the morning, as my 'perfection' comes through Christ Jesus. I'd lose my salvation every day, as I would be out from under the Blood, then sin and would not be forgiven ! I thank Him for the assurance of the book of John! I am firmly planted in His hand. I reckon someone can say this more eloquently, or more clearly, than I can. I don't have a lot of 'formal' education, just through lessons in life and some common sense.

This is an issue for you and not to be taken lightly, I will pray that you come the the correct realization, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
        it takes the power of God to teach us. I would be nothing with out Him....

prayerfully, in Christ,
        Dani
        If someone's name comes to mind ~ pray; you may be the only person who EVER prays for them...

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
          Well...praise God, you are THINKING and listening! It is never too late to right a wrong... if God has convicted you of a wrong, and He evidently has, and you are righting it, as I say praise God.

This is what God has shown me: John 10:28- "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Not to have this assurance would make me afraid to even get up in the morning, as my 'perfection' comes through Christ Jesus. I'd lose my salvation every day, as I would be out from under the Blood, then sin and would not be forgiven ! I thank Him for the assurance of the book of John! I am firmly planted in His hand. I reckon someone can say this more eloquently, or more clearly, than I can. I don't have a lot of 'formal' education, just through lessons in life and some common sense.

This is an issue for you and not to be taken lightly, I will pray that you come the the correct realization, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
          it takes the power of God to teach us. I would be nothing with out Him....

prayerfully, in Christ,
          Dani
          Hi Dani, I appreciate your post When I said that I did not know about "once saved, always saved" that is because I have not read the entire bible on my own yet. I am doing that now, and the Holy Spirit is guiding me through. I am learning so much, and having the Word affirm what many have told me, is wonderful! I do believe you are correct since I did read those passages at one time or another.

Again, I just appreciate your input I will continue to trust, and obey. Seems I am getting some new "habits" forms, and definitely getting my priorities straight

God bless, ysic, denise

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post

Dani
            You left out the conditions for this:

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Unconditional Eternal Security is a man made fabrication.
            Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregongrown View Post
              Hi Dani, I appreciate your post When I said that I did not know about "once saved, always saved" that is because I have not read the entire bible on my own yet. I am doing that now, and the Holy Spirit is guiding me through. I am learning so much, and having the Word affirm what many have told me, is wonderful! I do believe you are correct since I did read those passages at one time or another.

Again, I just appreciate your input I will continue to trust, and obey. Seems I am getting some new "habits" forms, and definitely getting my priorities straight

God bless, ysic, denise
              I must disregard the last post...as I don't wish to get into a 'scripture battle'. As stated, what has shown me... I am not responsible for what another thinks...nor are they answerable to me.

At 65, I have learned many things in a believer's life are acquired as we press forward daily, study, and through prayer and supplication, let the scriptures/God speak to us.
              Praying for you, and myself too!

in the spirit of kindness, and love,
              Dani
              Last edited by Dani; Oct 4th 2013, 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling
              If someone's name comes to mind ~ pray; you may be the only person who EVER prays for them...

Comment

Working...
              X