This sounds a like like today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sounds a like like today

As I was reading this it really struck me. (2 Tim 3)

Godlessness in the Last Days

3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
    I know what I know
    I know what I don't know
    I don't know what I don't know.

Re: This sounds a like like today

Sounds like every year of history since he wrote the letter.

Comment

Re: This sounds a like like today

Originally posted by exitludos View Post
      Sounds like every year of history since he wrote the letter.
      This is very true and part of my indirect point. I'm doing an OT/NT daily reading schedule. Today's reading was Jer 25-26 and 2 Tim 3. His description applied just as much to the 1st century as it does the 21st century. During the times of Jeremiah people were even worse.
      I know what I know
      I know what I don't know
      I don't know what I don't know.

Comment

Working...
      X