Did Satan know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Satan know

Did Satan know of God's penalty when he deceived Eve and Adam. That God would cut him out of heaven and send down to Earth and prepare to destroy him Or did Satan think it would be a slap on the wrist.

Re: Did Satan know

I don't believe that's when he fell. I believe that lucifer was already fallen when Adam was created.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

I agree with CBH. I think Lucifer had already fallen by the time Adam was created.
      Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Originally posted by ChangedByHim View Post
        I don't believe that's when he fell. I believe that lucifer was already fallen when Adam was created.
        Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
        I agree with CBH. I think Lucifer had already fallen by the time Adam was created.
        That's what I think.
        Here for a season, then above.

Comment

Originally posted by svfox View Post
          Did Satan know of God's penalty when he deceived Eve and Adam. That God would cut him out of heaven and send down to Earth and prepare to destroy him Or did Satan think it would be a slap on the wrist.
          I think he thought and possibly still thinks he is going to get away with it. It is possible that he really believes he is going to win (self deceived - arrogance makes you believe you are more than you really are). At least until he is cast out of heaven (no longer has access to accuse the brethren, if that has not happened yet?); then he will realize he is fighting a losing battle and his time is short.
          "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
          C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
          "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
          "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
          "Our Hope is unchanged"
          "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Comment

Perhaps at first he and the other rebel angels didn't realize the punishment for challenging God (not expecting some sort of huge penalty for losing though would have been stupid). Satan's motivation now doesn't seem to be to win, but to cause as much collateral damage as possible. When Jesus came up to two men possessed by demons in Matthew 8, the demons said,

“What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?

So evidently they are terrified of God and know what is going to happen to them in the end. Surely the fallen angels did not turn because they wanted to be destroyed. They were perhaps deceived by Lucifer by being promised higher positions if they were victorious. But I'll be glad to see them burn.

Also, good job to Michael for staying with God. He ended up the new head archangel!
            「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
            撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by svfox View Post
              Lucifer had already fallen. The period in which satan fell and the event in the Garden of Eden are not synonymous. The key verse is the one which says:

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made."... in order for Satan to be crafty he had to be deceptive. IN order to be deceptive and crafty he had to already been cast out of heaven
              Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

I think God created Adam and Eve to prove how corrupt Satan really is. Because if Satan didn't know what the penalty would be for disobeying God, would he have done it? Would Satan have corrupted Adam and Eve, if he wasn't already corrupted?

Satan's plan isn't to win. Satan knows he can't win against God. The only other option is that Satan wants to hurt God by corrupting others, just so that God has to destroy His own creation. This means that he knew it would warrant more than just a slap on the wrist, and did it anyway.
                John 10 (KJV)
                27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
                28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
                29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Comment

SO, when did Satan and those rebel angels fall then? Because, as it is written, in the beginning, on the first day....

So what day did Satan and his fellow rebels fall?

Comment

Originally posted by boangry
                    It was not in the first six days because God created the heaven and the earth and all that is in them, and it was very good...

I think they fell about the year 2 BC, of course people can and do think whatever they like but what does the bible say?

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
                    Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
                    A great sign or wonder has appeared in heaven, those of the heavenly court have seen a marvellous thing, a woman and the symbols identify the woman as Israel along with numerous promises of the promised seed coming through the physical line of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, and shall sit on Davids throne etc, and she is with child. And this child will be born in Bethlehem.

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
                    Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
                    After Israel is seen as being in child by the angelic realm not just in child but in child with the Lord and the creator of the universe, who is stooping down to our level, to this sinned filled world, to be king over people that fail and do not deserve such a one as He. There appears another sign or wonder in heaven, Satan the great red dragon who has already ruled over the kingdoms of men as shown in his description. The Lord has come to earth and the current king sees an empty throne above the heights of the clouds, Isaiah well prophesied to him in person you will ascend and aspire to the very throne of God.

One third of the angels sided with Satan that day, did they think mankind was unworthy of the Lord making himself even lower than themselves? I agree, we were unworthy, but now we have been made worthy not by any merit of our own but by the blood of the lamb, The angels had a choice to trust God and put there faith in him when no logical solution seemed to be at hand, or to reject Him.

The same way genesis recapitulates and explains previous verses is the pattern used in revelation, the War ensued in heaven and Michael and the two thirds threw Satan and the third down, when? And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

I could go on forever but not on a message board, just wanted to emphasise how the angels watch Gods most wondrous salvation plan, it ties in with why a woman ought to cover her head when gathering with the saints to remember the lords death.

sorry got to sidetracked in answer to the question! I think Satan did not fall before Eden but afterwards

Had to be before 2BC because as far back as Job he opposed God. Plus we see it in Genesis that he wa opposing God as well.

So how long after God created man was Satan cast out?

Comment

Originally posted by Bnjmn View Post
                      Had to be before 2BC because as far back as Job he opposed God. Plus we see it in Genesis that he wa opposing God as well.

So how long after God created man was Satan cast out?
                      in Genesis Satan was on earth not heaven, In Job God asked Satan from where to you come, he answered from going to and fro upon the earth, so then when was Satan in heaven? what do you mean by opposing God?

Comment

Working...
                      X