Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Bible translation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Bible translation?

There are many different translations of The Bible.

King James
    New King James
    English Standard Version
    New Living Translation

and so on.

What is your favorite and why?

Re: What is your favorite Bible translation?

Originally posted by Bnjmn View Post
    There are many different translations of The Bible.

King James
    New King James
    English Standard Version
    New Living Translation

and so on.

What is your favorite and why?
    King James Bible
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

Comment

NKJV, ESV, and HCSB. The reason is because when out on the streets witnessing the Gospel to the lost, they can understand the language that is being read from the Bible.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I actually like the NLT the best. I started with the NLT, switched to the NIV and then to the ESV but out of all of them the NLT reads the best for me.
        I know what I know
        I know what I don't know
        I don't know what I don't know.

Comment

All of them, even the ones I haven't read.

Why? Because God speaks through them.
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

I use the KJV out of sheer habit and the fact I have so much of this version memorized. However,I suggest the ESV for any new Christian that has not had prior bible exposure. It has a fine balance between simplicity and a scholarly approach in my opinion.
            Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

KJV
              ESV
              NET
              NIV

Comment

ESV for teaching. NASB for comparison.

When new Christians come to discipleship classes and they have difficulty with either of those, I give them an older NIV.
                Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
                George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                  When new Christians come to discipleship classes and they have difficulty with either of those, I give them an older NIV.
                  I do the exact same thing to help them.
                  Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

NKJV, NIV84, NASB, Amplified. Are all great for personal studies but I memorize verses from the NIV84 and NASB as they are easy for most to understand..
                    I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people...Ephesians 1:18

Comment

Working...
                    X