In a Spiritual Battle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a Spiritual Battle?

A spiritual battle is often a blessing in disguise. For example, if you are thin skinned and weak, is God more likely to snap His finger like a genie and make you strong, or is He more likely to allow you to experience certain things through which you will become stronger? Will He just "make you have more faith" or allow your faith to be tested strengthening it in the process? Will He just make you articulate or will He put you in a place where you need to speak outside of your comfort zone so that through the experience you develop the wording and confidence to deliver your message? There is probably some blessing coming, if you're in a battle, just be Job about it and not his wife!

Re: In a Spiritual Battle?

Originally posted by LandShark View Post
    A spiritual battle is often a blessing in disguise. For example, if you are thin skinned and weak, is God more likely to snap His finger like a genie and make you strong, or is He more likely to allow you to experience certain things through which you will become stronger? Will He just "make you have more faith" or allow your faith to be tested strengthening it in the process? Will He just make you articulate or will He put you in a place where you need to speak outside of your comfort zone so that through the experience you develop the wording and confidence to deliver your message? There is probably some blessing coming, if you're in a battle, just be Job about it and not his wife!
    Amen! The Hebrew word for trial also means elevation.

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
    מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Comment

I don't doubt you Epi, but can you share the word because I am not seeing it. Massah (Job 9:23) is a testing but with the idea of judicial attached, a trial as in by a court. And bachan (Ezekiel 21:13) is testing, generally and figuratively to investigate: - examine, prove, tempt, try. I don't see the elevation in either word, so is there another I am just missing?

Comment

I don't doubt you Epi, but can you share the word because I am not seeing it. Massah (Job 9:23) is a testing but with the idea of judicial attached, a trial as in by a court. And bachan (Ezekiel 21:13) is testing, generally and figuratively to investigate: - examine, prove, tempt, try. I don't see the elevation in either word, so is there another I am just missing?
        The Hebrew word NES (Noon Samech) means to lift up, elevate, when used in verb form. As a noun it is a sign or miracle. Nes also means a banner (H5251)....something that is lifted up as a rallying sign. A trial is in noun form already as NASA (Noon Samech Hey). The verb form is NISA and the letters are identical to the verb form of NES.

So the thought is that we are brought into the miraculous when we pass a trial...we are a sign to this generation. We go deeper into the Spirit when we do well in God's sight. There is as much rejoicing in heaven over a man who passes a trial as when men see a miracle in this world.

sigpic
        מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
        התהלכו באור

Comment

I generally look for 3 letter roots rather than two, but I know there are cases where two letters shared give two different words a linking meaning. Shalom!

Comment

I generally look for 3 letter roots rather than two, but I know there are cases where two letters shared give two different words a linking meaning. Shalom!
            While 3 letter roots are the most common, there are also 2 and 4 letter roots. There are so many ways of hiding meanings in Hebrew words....it makes studying very interesting.

sigpic
            מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
            התהלכו באור

Comment

Originally posted by episkopos View Post
              While 3 letter roots are the most common, there are also 2 and 4 letter roots. There are so many ways of hiding meanings in Hebrew words....it makes studying very interesting.
              Sounds great...

Comment

We are always in a spiritual battle with unseen forces who are trying to hinder the work of God. They are trying to stop believers from coming to the knowledge of the truth of what we have been given from the Lord. Jesus said that every time the Word is sown, Satan comes immediately to try and steal the Word so that it does not produce. So, if we find our self's doing battle with these forces, it is probably because of something that Lord has spoken to us or something we are believing for. What could Satan use to steal the word? The lusts of other things, the deceitfulness of riches, tribulation, offenses, the cares of this word, the desires for other things, and persecution. If we can keep these things from stealing the Word then we will be blessed by the fruit the Word produces. Eph 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." 2Co 10:3 "For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh." 2Co 10:4 "For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." 2Co 10:5 "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,"

Comment

So true... so true...

Patience and endurance are helpers here. Believe and praise God along the way.
                  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
                  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
                  Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
                  and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
                  1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Trials often get us to grow further in faith by trusting more in Him. Trials often are for us not to be able to handle ourselves so have to depned on Him to get thru them.
                    Live the Halleluyah life

Comment

Working...
                    X