X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill 1:12-14

Philippians 1:12-14
    King James Version (KJV)

12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
    12But I would that you should understand, brothers, that the things which happened to me have fallen out rather to the furtherance of the gospel, 13So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace and in all other places, 14And many of the brothers in the Lord, growing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
    Miller, Fred (2012-04-15). Moellerhaus Revision of the King James Version Bible (Kindle Locations 45734-45738). Moellerhaus Publishers. Kindle Edition.
    These are my thoughts, please share yours.
    12 This letter is written to the believers. The world can not live up to the word; it has to be done thru Him. God will use our bad times to allow us to help others and lead them to the Lord. In our weaknesses He stays strong. We should spread the gospel and share what the Lord has done for us. We all have a story of where the Lord brought us and it should be shared.
    13 What we do should be known by those around us because others talk about us. They may not know us but should have heard how we live for the Lord if we become known. We should not look for fame of ourselves but continue in going fame for the Lord. To be well known for serving the Lord can be good as long as we remain humble, we can use the opportunity of being known to win people to the Lord, that we would not be able to if we were not known. Paul is able to go to Rome because of his citizenship. Paul became well known but did not let it effect Him but allow it to used for His purpose.
    14 Because of what Paul have gone thru and how he remained strong allow others to be motivated to do the same as Paul and because of him they went out and preach the word just as bold as he did. Our following the Lord can lead others to be just as strong in faith and following the Lord.
    Live the Halleluyah life

Re: Phill 1:12-14

I see your view to a point, but not entirely. this came to my mind as I was reading your post:

Matthew 6:3
    But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

And also this:
    Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

It only exalts US if we go around tooting our own horn. I say if you are one who lives for the Lord, serving him, and living every day serving Him and others, other people are watching. We may not know they are watching, but they are! Let them be the ones who do or don't talk or lift up your name.

I never wanted or had any desire to make a name for myself. Or to crave attention. Or to 'glory' in things like, "Look what the Lord is doing THROUGH ME!"
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Re: Phill 1:12-14

Originally posted by clarkthompson View Post
      Philippians 1:12-14
      King James Version (KJV)

12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
      12But I would that you should understand, brothers, that the things which happened to me have fallen out rather to the furtherance of the gospel, 13So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace and in all other places, 14And many of the brothers in the Lord, growing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
      Miller, Fred (2012-04-15). Moellerhaus Revision of the King James Version Bible (Kindle Locations 45734-45738). Moellerhaus Publishers. Kindle Edition.
      These are my thoughts, please share yours.
      12 This letter is written to the believers. The world can not live up to the word; it has to be done thru Him. God will use our bad times to allow us to help others and lead them to the Lord. In our weaknesses He stays strong. We should spread the gospel and share what the Lord has done for us. We all have a story of where the Lord brought us and it should be shared.
      13 What we do should be known by those around us because others talk about us. They may not know us but should have heard how we live for the Lord if we become known. We should not look for fame of ourselves but continue in going fame for the Lord. To be well known for serving the Lord can be good as long as we remain humble, we can use the opportunity of being known to win people to the Lord, that we would not be able to if we were not known. Paul is able to go to Rome because of his citizenship. Paul became well known but did not let it effect Him but allow it to used for His purpose.
      14 Because of what Paul have gone thru and how he remained strong allow others to be motivated to do the same as Paul and because of him they went out and preach the word just as bold as he did. Our following the Lord can lead others to be just as strong in faith and following the Lord.
      There is no doubt faith in one person in times for trouble, can inspire faith in another and bring Glory to God at the same time.

2Co 1:8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself.
      2Co 1:9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.

Afflictions are not only a means of proving the Lord faithfulness to his Church, but it is also allows us to be able to comfort those with the same comfort that God comforted us in our afflictions. Sounds like something Jesus experienced in his life so he could be a faithful minister in the things we suffer.

2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
      2Co 1:4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
      Heb 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Comment

Working...
      X