Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help re: Apocrypha

Please pray for me that I will stick with Gods Word and stand
    on it only,and not sway back and forth as the wind blows.

I need to ask God for forgiveness for my disobedience
    and help me overcome my stress.

One side of my problem is that I don't quite how God
    can come to me and say the apocrypha is not the "Inspired
    work" in very strong terms and yet he allows these churches
    (Russian and Greek Orthodox) to believe that they are truely inspired? have they been brainwashed. I don't understand.

This doesn't belong in Breaking the Chains. Moving this to Bible Chat where it can be better addressed.

wiseoldowl facilitator...Breaking the Chains.
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Originally posted by godsgrace22 View Post
      One side of my problem is that I don't quite how God can come to me and say the apocrypha is not the Inspired work in very strong terms and yet he allows these churches (Russian and Greek Orthodox) to believe that they are truely inspired? have they been brainwashed. I don't understand.
      Perhaps if they actually listened to God, they too would hear His voice. But God is a gentleman. He will allow us to continue in our folly if that is where our heart is. If you, for instance, chose to continue with the apocrypha and simply ignore that Voice, choosing tradition over God, He will allow you to do so.

Comment

Don't worry about what other churches believe. Just trust God, and keep firm.

It sounds like you've been distracted and/or tempted by the apocryphal books. My advice would be... stick to the gospels for a while. And those parts of the OT that were written originally in Hebrew or Aramaic. The apocrypha was written after the Babylonian captivity, and while interesting from a historical or literary perspective, it's obviously different in spirit to the Tannukh. So avoid it, you're right there.

Read the gospels, and become comfortable again and rest in the truths they show us. And trust what James says. "If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally, and upraids not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, not wavering... for he who wavers is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. Let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord."

The thing is, all men are like waves of the sea. We're all driven by the wind and tossed. With man, it is impossible for us to stand firm.

All you can do is hang onto Jesus, like Peter on the water, and He will stop you from sinking. He is able to present you spotless to the Father, and He is your salvation.

Look to Him, and He will shelter you from all storms of confusion and doubt.

That would be my advice, having been where you are now.

Trust Him.
        Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

You already created a thread with this topic. Yesterday too.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=146444

People have responded to you there.
          To This Day

Comment

Working...
          X