was Jesus a Galilaean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was Jesus a Galilaean?

Luk 23:5And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.
    6When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man were a Galilaean.
    7And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.

Luk 3:1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

Jesus comes from Nazareth which is in Galilee......

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan

Jesus first preached the Gospel in Galilee......

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Jesus performed His first miracles in Galilee.....

Jhn 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Jesus called His deciples from the 'sea of Galilee'.

Mat 4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus sought rest and refuge in Galilee.

Mat 15:29And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.

Jhn 7:1After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

After Jesus rose from the dead He appeared to the apostles in Galilee.

Mat 26:32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

Mat 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Mat 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Mat 28:16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

Seems like you answered your own question. Beyond that, I don't really see the point of your post. Perhaps you can add to it a bit.

Comment

I think pinky meant it as a reponse to this thread. Pinky, you might want to repost this there. If that's what you meant, anyway.
      ----------------------------------------------
      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Thanks Luke.

Comment

He was an Israelite from the region of Galilee, like your a Nova Scotian who is Canadian or I'm a Texan who is American... He was a Galilaean who was an Israelite.
          Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
          -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Hi Diffangle.

I see what your saying. Yes, I agree with your point http://www.bible-history.com/maps/ga...palestine.html

Don't you find it interesting though that Jesus was raised in Galilee, started His ministry there, performed His first miracles there, found His first followers there, called His diciples out of the 'sea of Galilee', called His apostles the 'men of Galilee', they were 'appointed' on a mountain in Galilee.......... and He appeared to His deciples in Galilee when He rose from the dead?

Jhn 7:1After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by pinky View Post
              Hi Diffangle.

I see what your saying. Yes, I agree with your point http://www.bible-history.com/maps/ga...palestine.html

Don't you find it interesting though that Jesus was raised in Galilee, started His ministry there, performed His first miracles there, found His first followers there, called His diciples out of the 'sea of Galilee', called His apostles the 'men of Galilee', they were 'appointed' on a mountain in Galilee.......... and He appeared to His deciples in Galilee when He rose from the dead?

Sorry, I'm not sure what's suppossed to be interesting about it.
              Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Pinky doesn't think Jesus was Jewish.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                  Define "Jewish".

Comment

Pinky...

Please see my last reply to you on the thread whether the land was called Israel or Palestine.
                    ~ My testimony~

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                      Ahhh, I see. Never mind His lineage laid out in Scripture and I guess Bethlehem isn't part of Judea nor did He teach and live by His Father's Word/Torah.

Define "Jewish".
                      How about you define "Jewish" instead?

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                        Ahhh, I see. Never mind His lineage laid out in Scripture and I guess Bethlehem isn't part of Judea nor did He teach and live by His Father's Word/Torah.

How about you define "Jewish" instead?

I will allow fenris to define 'jewish'.

Comment

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove View Post
                          Pinky...

Please see my last reply to you on the thread whether the land was called Israel or Palestine.
                          Hello .

I read your reply and I agree for the most part. There are other ancient historians who refer to the region as Palestine.

However, I see that Jesus was a resident of Nazereth which was in Galilee.

God bless in Christ,
                          pinky

Comment

However, I see that Jesus was a resident of Nazereth which was in Galilee.
                            And I am a resident of New York, which is in the United States.

I am also Jewish. Just as Jesus was.

Comment

I will allow fenris to define 'jewish'.
                              You will? That's awfully nice of you!

A Jew is anyone who is descended, on their mother's side, from Abraham, through Isaac and Jacob or one who converts and accepts the covenant.

I think we're more interested in your definition though, since you seem to be taking pains to make sure Jesus is not included.

Comment

Working...
                              X