Romans 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romans 7

1 I speak to them that know the law; don't you know brethren that the law is the standard for righteousness of which man is required to abide by as long as he lives?

2 You are bound by the requirements of the law so long as they are applicable; but if the requirements of the law are taken out of the way, you are loosed from them.

Col 2:14
    Romans 8:4
    Romans 7:2

3 So then if, while the righteous requirements of the law are still applicable & you don't abide by them, you shall be called a transgressor: but, if the righteous requirements of the law are taken out of the way, you are free from them; so that you are not a transgressor, even though you don't abide by them.

Col 2:14
    James 2:11

4 Therefore my brothers, you are truly become dead to the requirement of the law through the body of Christ; that you should be bound to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Colossians 2:11

5 When we were in the flesh, we were sympathetic for sin because the Law was efficient in our members, exciting the sin to bring forth fruit unto death.

Romans 7:23.
    Romans 8:6
    Galatians 5:24
    Colossians 3:5

6 But now we are delivered from the requirements of the law, having died to that in which we were held. That we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

(We were held to the righteous requirements of the law)

7 What shall we say then? are the requirements themselves sin? Let that not be! Because I did not have any inclination against them until I knew them; for also I did not know lust until I read the the requirement, "You shall not lust."
    (Imagine Adam writing this)

Genesis 2:17
    Ex. 20:17

8 My inclination against the requirements took advantage of that specific requirement, in that I found away to rebel, and it produced in me all kinds of evil desires.

(this next part of the verse should be read as part of verse 9)

Now, when there are no requirements, there would be nothing to be inclined against...
    9 ...And I thought that I was alive when I didn't know of the requirements of the law, but when I heard of that specific requirement, then my inclination against it became active, and I realized that I had no life in me to submit.

10 And the specific requirements wich were supposed to give life, I found them to be death

11 because my inclination opposed to them, took advantage of the specific requirements and deceived me, and by those requirements, my inclinations made me realize that I was actually dead.

Romans 8:7

12 so the righteous requirements of the law are holy and the specific requirements are also holy and righteous and good.

13 Was then that which is good become death to me? God forbid. But, the requirements exist for the reason of making the inclination opposed to them to be evident and to be seen for what they truly are. It made death to be evident in me by that which is good; In other words, the requirements exist so that my inclinations would be evidenctly more wicked in contrast to the specific requirements
    The contrast between the law & our sin.

14 For we know that the requirements are spiritual, but I am soulish, living after the flesh, having been sold into slavery under the domination of my own inclinations to rebel.

Romans 6:16-20

15 I don't understand what I'm doing. I habitually don't do what I prefer to do, because I habitually do what I hate

James 1:8

16 But if I do what I don't prefer, I am actually agreeing with the requirements that they are good.

17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but my own inclinations to rebel dwelling in me.

Romans 7:24

18 I know that nothing of virtue is in my flesh. However, I am willing to do good, but, I don't know how to do it.

19 I don't do the good that I actually want to do, but I do the evil that don't want to do.

20 Now if I habitually do what I actually prefer not to do, it is no longer I who is doing it, but my own fleshly desires that dwell within me.

21 I find then a standard, that when I desire to do good, depravity is right there with me.

22 For I delight in the requirements of God according to my true self.

23 But then, I see different set of requirements, and they are in my members, warring against the standard of my moral conscience, and bringing me into captivity to those requirements of my own fleshly desires which are in my members.

Spiritual Death is the separation from God just as physical death is the separation of the spirit from the body.
    The ''law of sin'' is the requirements of my own fleshly desires that make me inclined to oppose God to be separated from Him.
    Therefore, demands of my own fleshly desires separates me fom God which is spiritual death ''the penalty of sin is death''.
    Therefore, that which is in our ''members'' is death.
    The next verse proves this point.

24 ''O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?''

After the righteous requirements of the Law of God has done their job, everyone will end up saying this.

25 With the mind, which is my actual being, I truly agree to the the righteous requirements of the Law of God, and with the flesh, I serve the requirements of my own fleshly desires, which is death

Sounds like Paul's philosophy on the nature of man.

Comment

Working...
    X