blood line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blood line

ive been studying alot about the bloodline, satan cant cross the blood line.i would like to learn more about praying the bloodline over my body,family.home,if you pray the bloodline or just want to talk im here

Originally posted by nettiel View Post
    ive been studying alot about the bloodline, satan cant cross the blood line.i would like to learn more about praying the bloodline over my body,family.home,if you pray the bloodline or just want to talk im here
    Where are you getting this idea from? I don't see it in the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
      Where are you getting this idea from? I don't see it in the bible.
      chal> That term is sometimes used to mean; praying to break "generational curses," (which is a whole nother can-o-worms). I'm not sure if that is what is meant here or not.
      ShalomUit
      Chal
      <*,})+<

Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: The church reformed and always to be reformed

Truth may be stranger than fiction, but fiction is surely stranger than truth "may be." Maybe? -chal's Third (and final!) Big Book of Little Known Thingies that Could (in fact) Become Facts (or faxed) One Day.

Comment

Originally posted by chal View Post
        chal> That term is sometimes used to mean; praying to break "generational curses," (which is a whole nother can-o-worms). I'm not sure if that is what is meant here or not.
        More unbiblical superstition......

Comment

Scripture?... No? If not RUN!!!

The idea of generational the curse is found in scripture... where is the idea of 'praying the bloodline' or that Satan can not 'cross the bloodline'?

If not in scripture I would throw the book you are reading in the trash. I know that sounds harsh, but if they claim a doctrine not directly supported by scripture in dealing with generational sin.... RUN!

Blessings to you, may you find relief through Christ for whatever generational issue you are facing.
          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
          ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
          ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

The concept of a generational curse, if any, is an Old Testament concept.

There is no support for any such proposition in the New Testament.

"If any many [or woman] is in Christ, he/she is a new creation."

No room for "generational curses."

Comment

I am going to have to agree with 9Marksfan. Consider these verses:

Deu 24:16 “Fathers are not put to death for their children, and
              children are not put to death for their fathers, each is to die for
              his own sin.

Eze 18:20 “The being who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the
              crookedness of the father, nor the father bear the crookedness of the
              son. The righteousness of the righteous is upon himself, and the
              wrongness of the wrong is upon himself.

There are other verses like this. I think it is clear that only the sin of Adam is passed on to all that followed.

Early in my walk, many years ago now, one of my best friends had this favorite verse, I truly can't remember it. He would quote it often and it served him well in his ministry to addicts. One day, after I had read the scriptures pretty much through, I heard him say it again. So I asked, "what book is that in?" I don't remember his answer now, lets just say Ephesians. Suspecting it wasn't anywhere in scripture, we looked. Then I pulled out a Strong's concordance and looked up any and all the words he used. Sure enough, it wasn't in there. His favorite verse wasn't a verse at all. We had a good laugh.

I don't have a photographic mind or anything like that, but my scriptural memory is pretty good. I don't remember anything stating a "curse" being passed on like that. What I would do, if I was you, is use a concordance and if you don't have one go to biblegateway.com and enter the word "curse." You may have to sift through a couple of hundred verses, but you'll settle it one way or the other. And please, let me know if it is in there...it will make me have to re-think a bunch of things.

Peace to you and blessings in your search!
              Ken

Comment

I'm not sure about a blood line as in Geneology, but I know there is power in the blood of Jesus. This refers to Jesus death and Ressurection, dying on the cross for our sins and paying the price so that we can have forgiveness of sins.

(Heb 10:16 NIV) "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

(Heb 10:17 NIV) Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."

(Heb 10:18 NIV) And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

(Heb 10:19 NIV) Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
                (Heb 10:20 NIV) by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
                (Heb 10:21 NIV) and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
                (Heb 10:22 NIV) let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

(1 John 1:7 NIV) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by kenrank View Post
                  I am going to have to agree with 9Marksfan. Consider these verses:

Deu 24:16 “Fathers are not put to death for their children, and
                  children are not put to death for their fathers, each is to die for
                  his own sin.

Eze 18:20 “The being who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the
                  crookedness of the father, nor the father bear the crookedness of the
                  son. The righteousness of the righteous is upon himself, and the
                  wrongness of the wrong is upon himself.

There are other verses like this. I think it is clear that only the sin of Adam is passed on to all that followed.

Early in my walk, many years ago now, one of my best friends had this favorite verse, I truly can't remember it. He would quote it often and it served him well in his ministry to addicts. One day, after I had read the scriptures pretty much through, I heard him say it again. So I asked, "what book is that in?" I don't remember his answer now, lets just say Ephesians. Suspecting it wasn't anywhere in scripture, we looked. Then I pulled out a Strong's concordance and looked up any and all the words he used. Sure enough, it wasn't in there. His favorite verse wasn't a verse at all. We had a good laugh.

I don't have a photographic mind or anything like that, but my scriptural memory is pretty good. I don't remember anything stating a "curse" being passed on like that. What I would do, if I was you, is use a concordance and if you don't have one go to biblegateway.com and enter the word "curse." You may have to sift through a couple of hundred verses, but you'll settle it one way or the other. And please, let me know if it is in there...it will make me have to re-think a bunch of things.

Peace to you and blessings in your search!
                  Ken
                  chal> Thank you for your suggestions on how I should study the Bible. However, I have lots of Bible software tools with many different resources, commentaries, concordances, dictionaries etc, which I have used to teach SS in the past and continue to use for studying on my own and with my wife.

That said, I think comprehending through prayer for illumination first and then careful study, meditation and consideration in life application, what we glean from study, is much more important than who has the biggest arsenal of study tools.

I made no claims in the post you quoted, concerning scriptural content. I only tried to shed some light on what was meant by the OP, which IMO wasn't very clear. My comment had nothing to do with Biblical content. I'm sure if you read it in context of the thread, you will see that it was in reference to the OP and not the Bible.

For the record, below is how I understand it from a viewpoint of having researched and studied the Bible on the issue and what I have gathered from the experience of studying with people who used similar terms to those used in the OP.

This is what I would call (and what is generally referred to) as a generational curse;

Deut. 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

chal> Personally, I think it refers to the children learning or being influenced by the sins of their fathers, not to them being forced into anything or punished for something that they are innnocent of.

and this explains how it works in my understanding;

Jeremiah 31:29-30
                  In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. [30] But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
                  ShalomUit
                  Chal
                  <*,})+<

Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: The church reformed and always to be reformed

Truth may be stranger than fiction, but fiction is surely stranger than truth "may be." Maybe? -chal's Third (and final!) Big Book of Little Known Thingies that Could (in fact) Become Facts (or faxed) One Day.

Comment

chal> Thank you for your suggestions on how I should study the Bible. However, I have lots of Bible software tools with many different resources, commentaries, concordances, dictionaries etc, which I have used to teach SS in the past and continue to use for studying on my own and with my wife.

That said, I think comprehending through prayer for illumination first and then careful study, meditation and consideration in life application, what we glean from study, is much more important than who has the biggest arsenal of study tools.

I made no claims in the post you quoted, concerning scriptural content. I only tried to shed some light on what was meant by the OP, which IMO wasn't very clear. My comment had nothing to do with Biblical content. I'm sure if you read it in context of the thread, you will see that it was in reference to the OP and not the Bible.

For the record, below is how I understand it from a viewpoint of having researched and studied the Bible on the issue and what I have gathered from the experience of studying with people who used similar terms to those used in the OP.

This is what I would call (and what is generally referred to) as a generational curse;

Deut. 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

chal> Personally, I think it refers to the children learning or being influenced by the sins of their fathers, not to them being forced into anything or punished for something that they are innnocent of.

Jeremiah 31:29-30 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. [30] But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
                    Jer 31 is all about the New Covenant, which Heb 8 makes abundantly clear has come with the coming of Christ - so we're living under it here and now. So even if there were generational curses in the OT (highly doubtful), it no longer applies - and there seems to be nothing whatsoever in either the OT or the NT about the "bloodline protecting us" or "praying the bloodline" - do you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                      Jer 31 is all about the New Covenant, which Heb 8 makes abundantly clear has come with the coming of Christ - so we're living under it here and now. So even if there were generational curses in the OT (highly doubtful), it no longer applies - and there seems to be nothing whatsoever in either the OT or the NT about the "bloodline protecting us" or "praying the bloodline" - do you agree?
                      chal> I agree with scripture as I understand it and have presented it as clearly as I can in my last post. I think if someone wants to use terms such as this, that cannot be found in scripture under the same wording, they should define what they mean by the term. If not, I can't very well agree or disagree. I think that if you asked 10 people who,"pray the bloodline," what it means, you would get 10 different answers.

I do think that praying for your bloodline;

bloodline

n 1: the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has
                      been warriors"

can be very profitable, for both for yourself and for them. I also think that sometimes this is perhaps what is meant by the term.

I don't think there is a simplistic answer to your question, unless you mean that those specific words are not used. Whether the concept is there or not, depends on what is meant by the term. Many arguments tun into muddle because terms are not defined at the beginning.
                      ShalomUit
                      Chal
                      <*,})+<

Comment

Chal....I might be new here, but I am not a rookie. I don't know you, I know nothing about you. You posted a question, I thought I would take some of my time to share some insight. In no way was I trying to belittle you, so no need for you to defend yourself by listing your arsenal of biblical tools. I am glad you are intelligent enough to equip yourself in that manner...but I had no way to know that, did I?

As for your Deut. verse, there is merit to it and I will make it a topic of study for our Sabbath morning class. However, Mark was correct in context, the Jer. 31 verses you shared were the prelude to the new covenant promise in verses 31-34. Seeing this covenant is made through the blood of Yahushua (Jesus), and seeing the context of he NT shows this covenant is done on an individual basis (though we collectively exist as one whole body of course), then any prior sin that MAY have been sent through a bloodline would be irrelevant...or the work Messiah did was in vain!

I still don't see how, save for Adam, one man's sin is passed down to the next generation. You shared one verse on that, and no offense, I don't create opinion from one verse. I have found that God confirms his own Word, so if there are other verses stating this you have found, I would ask that you share them. Thanks.
                        Peace.
                        Ken

Comment

Chal....I might be new here, but I am not a rookie. I don't know you, I know nothing about you. You posted a question, I thought I would take some of my time to share some insight. In no way was I trying to belittle you, so no need for you to defend yourself by listing your arsenal of biblical tools. I am glad you are intelligent enough to equip yourself in that manner...but I had no way to know that, did I?

chal>
                          I said nothing concerning your status on this board or anywhere else and it doesn't concern me whether or not you're a "rookie." If you're posting here according to the board rules you're welcome.

Evidently you misunderstood my post. I did not list my arsenal of study tools, but only said that I do have an adequate supply and even posted that it was not the most important thing to consider. My point was that perhaps you should consider that being a Christian message board, that you are probably not the only person here who has access to Bible study tools and/or, knows how to use them, rather than assume the opposite as you did. I wasn't "defending myself," I was only trying to show that your concern was unfounded.

As for your Deut. verse, there is merit to it and I will make it a topic of study for our Sabbath morning class. However, Mark was correct in context, the Jer. 31 verses you shared were the prelude to the new covenant promise in verses 31-34. Seeing this covenant is made through the blood of Yahushua (Jesus), and seeing the context of he NT shows this covenant is done on an individual basis (though we collectively exist as one whole body of course), then any prior sin that MAY have been sent through a bloodline would be irrelevant...or the work Messiah did was in vain!

chal>
                          Perhaps you could present a Biblically supported explanation of how you came to these conclusions so that others may learn from it. Maybe you could share what you learn from your class.

I still don't see how, save for Adam, one man's sin is passed down to the next generation. You shared one verse on that, and no offense, I don't create opinion from one verse. I have found that God confirms his own Word, so if there are other verses stating this you have found, I would ask that you share them. Thanks.
                          Peace.
                          Ken

chal>
                          I did more than "share one scripture." I posted two scriptures with an explanation of why I posted them.

My post had nothing to do with sins being "passed down from one generation to another." You are constructing a straw man. I think that concept is a false conclusion in regard to "generational curses," or God visiting the iniquity of one generation to another if you prefer exact Biblical wording. I explained that in my previous post;

In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. [30] But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
                          chal> IMO, it doesn't matter whether you view this from an OT or NT perspective. I don't believe that one man will pay the price for another's sin. I don't think anyone ever has, NT, OT or between. I posted this earlier;

because it explains in simple graphic detail that no man will pay for another's sin. It concerns what people used to "say," and will, no longer "say," It doesn't say that God used to make the children pay for sins that their father's committed and it will discontinue under the NT. That may be true, but I don't see it in this text. Perhaps those who proclaim this argument can show from scripture that God ever required a child to pay the price of his father's sin and then changed the procedure.
                          ShalomUit
                          Chal
                          <*,})+<

Comment

Chal, the trouble with message boards, e-mail, the internet in general, is that "tone" is not always represented in one's written word. I am not sure if I took what you said wrong, you me, or both.

I am very particular in what I say as I understand the implications of words. So when I said I don't know you, knew nothing about you...which is true, how can I know if you have tools or not? You go walk in most churches and ask a congregation by show of hands how many own a copy of Bible Works or E-Sword (or another similar program) and the amount of hands that go up will be FAR less then the hands that don't. So, I innocently mention to you, not knowing whether your hand would have been up or not, to use certain tools to ascertain the answer you seek. This was done not in malice Chal, not to make myself look like >>I<< am privy to something that you are not, but to help you. Apparently you don't need that help, and I will remember that from this time forward. But I had no way to know you didn't need the help, so I offered some. I am VERY sorry I did so now.

Ken

Comment

Chal, the trouble with message boards, e-mail, the internet in general, is that "tone" is not always represented in one's written word. I am not sure if I took what you said wrong, you me, or both.

I am very particular in what I say as I understand the implications of words. So when I said I don't know you, knew nothing about you...which is true, how can I know if you have tools or not? You go walk in most churches and ask a congregation by show of hands how many own a copy of Bible Works or E-Sword (or another similar program) and the amount of hands that go up will be FAR less then the hands that don't. So, I innocently mention to you, not knowing whether your hand would have been up or not, to use certain tools to ascertain the answer you seek. This was done not in malice Chal, not to make myself look like >>I<< am privy to something that you are not, but to help you. Apparently you don't need that help, and I will remember that from this time forward. But I had no way to know you didn't need the help, so I offered some. I am VERY sorry I did so now.

Ken
                              chal> I didn't take offense from anything you said in your posts, nor did I say that you posted in malice. If I thought you had posted in malice, I probably would have just bowed out of the discussion, because that kind of thread usually goes in a downward spiral. When I feel I am being misunderstood, I like to clarify my position, which is what I did.

To avoid taking the thread off topic, feel free to PM me if you have anything more to say concerning this.
                              ShalomUit
                              Chal
                              <*,})+<

Comment

Working...
                              X