princeapalities ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princeapalities ?

i am wanting to find where in the bible it talks about the princeapalities of the air

Hi Tridler,
    Here bare a few verses which mention principalities in the word of God.
    1. Romans 8:38
      For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    2. Ephesians 3:10
      To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
    3. Ephesians 6:12
      For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    4. Colossians 1:16
      For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    5. Colossians 2:15
      And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    6. Titus 3:1
      Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

I hope they help you.
    John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by DIZZY View Post
      Colossians 2:15

1. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

This verse always excites me. Messiah made a show of them (openly) and has already triumphed. Let us not be forced into a battle that has already been won.

Comment

Let us not be forced into a battle that has already been won.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes .... Jesus did 'spoil' wicked principalities , He triumphed over them openly and it was public... Thru His Humiliating yet Triumphant Crucifixtion on that bloody tree... The Big blow came when He arose from the dead and was seen openly and publicly by those.... His Diciples and then many others...

Many probably thought in their 'heart' that this was the end of Him.. that He had lost.... Yet He Had Won and Won Triumphantly.. the Victory was His...

Something that is Humilitating and would seem a defeat in the eyes of the world was actually a VICTORY... this is why Paul talks about the

Preaching of the Cross... it is the Power of God...... His ways are not our ways nor our wisdom His wisdom.... its foolishness to the Greeks and a stumblingblock to the Jews... but unto Us who are Saved... the Power of God....

God Defeated Pride and Arrogance thru Humility... which was perfect and sinless. His Son..... and This ON the Cross... taking the power of death from him.. the Devil, who prior, had the power of death according to Hebrews.. Jesus Himself ALONE.....Now has the keys to 'death', 'hell' and the 'grave..'.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Paul states in Ephesians that as a Christian you will 'still' enter into 'spiritual warfare' with wicked principalities and powers... That is a given... as a born again Christian.. you are a beacon of light in a very dark world... and that 'light' you have In His Name.. will at some time or another confront spiritual wickedness.. and it will be warfare.. its spiritual conflict .. plain and simple..... Paul talks about it...

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

Jesus Obtained the Victory and spoiled these wicked principalities and powers... at the Cross.. and by His Ressurection... They're fate is already sealed and that is the Lake of Fire.. where the devil will be placed...

I testify today and that is the fact that if you are a True Born again Christian.. you will confront and have conflict with spiritual wickedness.. warfare or wrestling as Paul states... that is a Given in the Christians walk and in the realm of the supernatural..
        Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
        ------------------------------------------------
        The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
        Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

I have learned that the 'hosts of heaven' are the same names as the spiritual principalities which also include the names like sons of God and angles they are all the same power, same group of disobedient bunch that wants to drive a wedge between man and God.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzdy View Post
            I have learned that the 'hosts of heaven' are the same names as the spiritual principalities which also include the names like sons of God and angles they are all the same power, same group of disobedient bunch that wants to drive a wedge between man and God.
            Hi Mizzdy,
            Not necessarily does hosts of heaven mean demonic angels.

It can also be talking about the sun, moon and stars, it also refers to God's holy angels.

Luke 2:12-14
            12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
            John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Comment

Hi Mizzdy,
              Not necessarily does hosts of heaven mean demonic angels.

It can also be talking about the sun, moon and stars, it also refers to God's holy angels.

Luke 2:12-14
              12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
              I agree that it doesn't just mean demonic beings. Many take the sun moon and stars as being 'hosts' and certainly they are but when talking about hosts of heaven, sons of God and the like it always means Gods created angels or beings, at least from the studies I have done. But I admit I am not always right either.

Comment

Working...
              X