Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judas Iscariot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Judas Iscariot

    Peace be unto you in Christ Jesus the Lord

    Here is an old study on Judas I forgot about, and while cleaning out my studies and trying to get them organized, I thought, perfect, I'll post this perhaps it can help someone studying this.

    This is so much better in color, but I *refrained*. If anyone can add to this please do, there are parts a little less clear and I am always adding to my studies. This is following the psalms for the most part (weaving in and out of the gospels according to the verses that pertain to him). At least the ones I can catch.

    Luke 6:16 Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor
    is also called "a thief" John 12:6

    Now this too is pretty interesting (even in this respect) Judas (a thief) in which this too can be shown I would think

    Duet 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

    Would seem to be shown also in Judas (see it as "selling the truth") as Christ is the truth


    Mat 26:15 What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?

    And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

    The psalms say this concerning Judas...

    Psalm 109:7 *When* he shall be judged, let him be **condemned**:

    Whereas here...

    Mat 27:3a **Then** Judas, which had betrayed him, when he **saw** that he **was condemned** repented himself, (divided verse)

    And it likewise says...

    Psalm 109:11 Let **the extortioner** catch all that *he hath*

    And so he ...

    Mat 27:3b brought *again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders

    Speaks to *the heart*

    Mat 23:25 ...for *within* they are full of *extortion* and excess.

    After he brings the silver again...

    Mat 27:4 Saying,

    I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.

    Even as here it says...

    Duet 27:5 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

    It says this...

    Psalm 109:12 Let there be none to extend *mercy* unto him

    Mat 5:27 And they said,

    What is that to us? see thou to *that*.

    In respects to his days it says...

    Psalm 109:8a.....Let his days be *few*.

    And so...

    Mat 27:5... Judas went and *hanged* himself.

    Acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms,

    Let his habitation be desolate,

    And likewise to them...

    Mat 23:38 Behold,your house is left unto you desolate.

    In respects to his office it says...

    Psalm 109:8b...and let another take his office.

    So they cast lots...

    Acts 1:26 ...and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

    Whereas he says...

    Psalm 109:5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

    And in proverbs...

    Prov 17:14 Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.

    Again... Jesus said to "them" this,

    Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

    Which also pertains to this (even that of bribery) not sure here though

    Job 15:24 For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.

    Heres what Im looking at as well (Iscariots name)

    Judas Iscariot = "men of Kerioth"

    Amos 2:2 But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth: and Moab shall die

    Confirmed in Psalms regarding the iniquity of his fathers

    Psalm 109:14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. 15 Let them bebefore the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

    So above speaks of his fathers (those before him) below speaks of his children (them who come after him) and the desolate places

    Psalm 109:9-10 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
    Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

    Cain as well who also slew innocent blood said the same

    Gen 4:14 I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth ,

    Same here in regards to Isreal...The words caused to "wander" means the same (vagabond)

    Numbers 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

    Just as Judas sold the Lord (the truth) the children Israel (as well) set the value upon him (making mechandise of him)

    Mat 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him thatwas valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value

    Here it speaks of his posterity

    Psalm 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

    Posterity

    1) after part, end
    a) end, issue, event
    b) latter time (prophetic for future time)
    c) posterity
    d) last, hindermost

    In regards to letting their name be blotted out it says this here...

    Psalms 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.


    The disciples didnt know who it was that would betray him... Asking WHO Lord...? And just as Judas (singular) WENT OUT and it was NIGHT elsewhere it uses the same wording saying THEY (in the plural) WENT OUT from us ...

    1John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made ***manifest***that they were not all of us.

    Even as the children of God and the children of the devil are "manifest"

    Forsomuch as we are "manifestedly declared"

    Peter also speaks of those who would make merchandise of you (too) even as Judas along with the children of Israel made merchandise of the Lord (who is "the truth"). It says "buy the truth and sell it not" (seems like a picture of what Judas was doing as well).


    2Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

    Sorta like how Judas said, "why this waste it could have been sold and given to the poor (its an example of "feigned words" ) Even as this is pointed out here...

    John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

    Likewise Peter writes...

    1Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer

    A contrast between these two

    Psalm 109:10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

    In comparison

    Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

    Whereas "ye are of your father the devil"

    John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

    If you notice His "bowels" In Psalm 109:18 are mentioned (in relation to cursing) and they are obviously mentioned in Acts 1:18

    If we look here... (which pertains to Judas here)

    Duet 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

    And here (pertaining to Judas as well)

    Psalm 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

    Now here....

    Acts 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

    I was looking at headlong there, and the three words are each different, but while looking I jumped back to the OT and was like WOW!

    In Job 5:13 also is a word "headlong" and speaks of the counsel of the forward being carried headlong

    Job 5:13 He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

    The word there means

    ) (Qal) to hastena) (Niphal) to be hurried, be anxious
    1) hasty, precipitate, impetuous
    b) (Piel)
    1) to hasten, make haste
    2) hasten (used as adverb with another verb)
    3) to hasten, prepare quickly, do quickly, bring quickly

    Which ironically is the same thing Jesus told Judas after Satan entered into him

    John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

    In respects to falling also,

    Acts 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

    Theres a lot of weaves you can catch through that Psalm of Judas also.

    Psalm 109:18 and Acts 1:18 appear to be speaking to something similar in respects to Judas given in that psalm is found various other connections to him, and maybe its there (moreso) what they say in acts can be better understood.
    I was looking at "chosing the way of cursing" over blessing. He "clothed himself" this way in respect to this aparently. Indicative of "chosing a path" ..."cursed is he that "taketh a reward" to slay "an innocent person" makes sense. And in respects to let it come into his bowels as water and like oil into his bones...which appears to speak of his bowels (in particular ) gushing out (in Acts). Though, I'm still pounding it out because I know no prophecy of scripture is its own interpretation but you can obviously see both are in the context of Judas. This is a much older study, could use some returning to and some retweeking but even still without that, maybe it can prove helpful to someone.

    Our God richly bless you in Jesus Christ our Lord


  • #2
    Re: Judas Iscariot

    Here are some notes from old studies involving Judas, how his remorse was not repentance, and the importance of repentance.

    Many people are baptized pagans, have joined churches as if a country club, but have never been broken over their sin. Remorse is in the mind and heart, but a dead-end street, remorse not repentance. Somebody filled with remorse loves his sin and hates himself at the same time, can't quit sinning. But the one who's repented hates his sin, turns away from it and turns to the Lord. Judas hanged himself, filled with remorse, stepped from his hell in this life to hell in the next, never repenting. On the other hand, Simon Peter wept bitterly over his betrayal of the Lord, not over what his sin did to him, but over what his sin did to God, repented, and became perhaps the greatest apostle. Regret is primarily in the mind, remorse in the mind and heart, remorse a dead-end street, but true repentance is a highway that looks beyond the sin to Calvary. We should be not just broken over what our sin has done to us, but what it has done to God, how our Savior was broken for our sin! Also, true repentance is not simply Godly sorrow and regret but a forsaking of sin, a turning away from sin and heading in the opposite direction in how you live your life. Repentance and faith are two side of the same coin, and repentance is not always mentioned in every verse involving salvation in the Bible, because repentance is a given,

    Romans 10

    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
    15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
    16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
    17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


    If you just extracted "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" you would not have the whole gospel, as the verses that follow speak of belief and obedience, warning, "But they have not all obeyed the gospel." Would it not be absurd to claim somebody could call on Jesus, say something like, "Hey, Jesus!" and nothing more and be saved? Without repentance? Without taking any of the gospel truly to heart? Without Godly sorrow over sin and shame, without forsaking sin? Of course this would be absurd. Just calling out to the Lord does not save,

    Matthew 7

    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Judas Iscariot

      Judas is also an example of how Satan can get into hearts, the deepest place of our consciousnesses.

      The heart is our conscience, one could say a hard-hearted person, a heartless person, a person with little or no conscience, as psychopaths are,

      1 John 3

      20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
      21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.


      But the evil man has a damaged conscience,

      1 Timothy 4

      1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
      2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.


      The heart is that deepest part of our souls, and, just as the Lord works on hearts, the devil does also,

      John 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him.

      Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

      Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

      Acts 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

      Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.

      Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Judas Iscariot

        Originally posted by AllPraiseToJesus View Post
        Here are some notes from old studies involving Judas, how his remorse was not repentance, and the importance of repentance.

        Many people are baptized pagans, have joined churches as if a country club, but have never been broken over their sin. Remorse is in the mind and heart, but a dead-end street, remorse not repentance. Somebody filled with remorse loves his sin and hates himself at the same time, can't quit sinning. But the one who's repented hates his sin, turns away from it and turns to the Lord. Judas hanged himself, filled with remorse, stepped from his hell in this life to hell in the next, never repenting. On the other hand, Simon Peter wept bitterly over his betrayal of the Lord, not over what his sin did to him, but over what his sin did to God, repented, and became perhaps the greatest apostle. Regret is primarily in the mind, remorse in the mind and heart, remorse a dead-end street, but true repentance is a highway that looks beyond the sin to Calvary. We should be not just broken over what our sin has done to us, but what it has done to God, how our Savior was broken for our sin! Also, true repentance is not simply Godly sorrow and regret but a forsaking of sin, a turning away from sin and heading in the opposite direction in how you live your life. Repentance and faith are two side of the same coin, and repentance is not always mentioned in every verse involving salvation in the Bible, because repentance is a given,

        Romans 10

        13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
        14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
        15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
        16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
        17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


        If you just extracted "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" you would not have the whole gospel, as the verses that follow speak of belief and obedience, warning, "But they have not all obeyed the gospel." Would it not be absurd to claim somebody could call on Jesus, say something like, "Hey, Jesus!" and nothing more and be saved? Without repentance? Without taking any of the gospel truly to heart? Without Godly sorrow over sin and shame, without forsaking sin? Of course this would be absurd. Just calling out to the Lord does not save,

        Matthew 7

        22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
        23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
        Yeah, Amen, and its "in his name" (naming "the name of" Christ) but never departing from iniquity. The difference between him "knowing you" or his words "I never knew you"

        He knoweth them that are His.

        The Lord knoweth them that are his.

        Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
        (or you will hear, "depart from me" who work it)

        Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

        Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

        And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

        Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

        Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

        And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

        Whereas here is another "will not know"

        A froward heart shall depart from me: I will "not know" a wicked person.

        You can catch how he is good and upright, and will teach sinners, as His goodness if that which leadeth us to repentance,

        Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

        The charge against him was eating with sinners

        I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

        The rebellious also are included here...

        Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive:thou hast received gifts for men;
        yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

        The gifts and callings are without repentance

        For
        the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

        But thats where his goodness leads us

        Not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

        Therefore no wonder we ought to account his longsuffering as salvation

        The Lord is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

        There are alot of half messages out there I agree

        The peace of Christ be with you AllPraiseToJesus


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Judas Iscariot

          That is really helpful AllPraiseToJesus, thanks very much for those verses showing so much.
          It just dawned on me what I missed even though I write it all the time (wants to smack myself). Like I knew it but I didnt know exactly howso,

          This...


          John 12:4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,

          John 12:5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

          John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

          Luke 22:4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.

          Luke 22:6 And they w
          ere glad, and covenanted to give him money.

          The next two

          Luke 16:33 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

          Recall the hatred for my love?

          He will hate the one and
          love the other.

          (**Face palm**, I cannot beleive I missed that, wheres my head?)


          My mind didnt catch that connection given all the surrounding, that he would have to hate Jesus and love money but he couldnt do both (its one or the other). I cant believe that one got by me.

          Adding these also.


          1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

          1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

          (John 12:6 and we know Judas was a thief)

          And it goes onto say...

          1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

          As Jesus said to Peter

          John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

          However he continues ...

          John 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not allclean.

          It was about the betrayal

          1Cr 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

          1Cr 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

          1Cr 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye,as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

          Mat 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

          Mat 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

          Mat 26:23 And he answered and said,He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

          1Cr 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

          1Cr 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

          Mat 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thouhast said.

          1Cr 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

          Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good forthat man if he had not been born.

          Acts 1:7 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

          John 6:20 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

          Im thirsty now lol


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Judas Iscariot

            Now, don't go around smacking yourself for what you missed. I know if I did this, I'd be in a coma!

            You're verging on becoming a Judas expert, a regular biographer. You well point out the betrayal aspect, and what a horrible, ugly sin betrayal is. I wonder how many people have betrayed others in life, whether by slander or some surreptitious evil for personal gain, who have no idea just what a damnable offense this is, that they're emulating Judas? Like also the slanderer, how many people who slander, some who even think it's "just gossip," know the word "devil" means slanderer? I would hasten to add there's an epidemic of slandering trolls on the internet, even masquerading as Christians, who have one purpose, to tear down truth, and to try and tear down the faithful (but they so hugely overestimate their power to accomplish anything...).

            I fear some people have no idea the horrible evils they commit day in and day out, often such scheming glorified in our culture as being clever. You know something one could actually say for Judas, that, at least, he had remorse, while some people even lack that.

            Bless your thirsty soul, Kirjathsepher!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Judas Iscariot

              Originally posted by AllPraiseToJesus View Post
              Now, don't go around smacking yourself for what you missed. I know if I did this, I'd be in a coma!

              You're verging on becoming a Judas expert, a regular biographer. You well point out the betrayal aspect, and what a horrible, ugly sin betrayal is. I wonder how many people have betrayed others in life, whether by slander or some surreptitious evil for personal gain, who have no idea just what a damnable offense this is, that they're emulating Judas? Like also the slanderer, how many people who slander, some who even think it's "just gossip," know the word "devil" means slanderer? I would hasten to add there's an epidemic of slandering trolls on the internet, even masquerading as Christians, who have one purpose, to tear down truth, and to try and tear down the faithful (but they so hugely overestimate their power to accomplish anything...).

              I fear some people have no idea the horrible evils they commit day in and day out, often such scheming glorified in our culture as being clever. You know something one could actually say for Judas, that, at least, he had remorse, while some people even lack that.

              Bless your thirsty soul, Kirjathsepher!
              Yeah, well the tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit

              The news these days ressembles gossip

              Preach it, Im getting me a piece of quiche (just made one for dinner) If I had a star trek meal transporter I would send you a slice.

              God bless you too

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Judas Iscariot

                Originally posted by Kirjathsepher View Post
                Yeah, well the tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit

                The news these days ressembles gossip

                Preach it, Im getting me a piece of quiche (just made one for dinner) If I had a star trek meal transporter I would send you a slice.

                God bless you too
                It's a shame there's no transporter, then. I've never had quiche, but the Bible clearly states that man does not live by bread alone. (As to the latter, from looking at many forum posts, I'm practicing scripture interpretation out of context, should maybe throw in a theory that Christ was allegorically ordering quiche from Satan?)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Judas Iscariot

                  I wouldnt do that no.

                  But thats just a womans opinion, which shouldnt count for too much lol

                  Do as you please before the Lord

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Judas Iscariot

                    Originally posted by Kirjathsepher View Post
                    But thats just a womans opinion, which shouldnt count for too much lol
                    Well, you're very spiritual and clearly love the word of God. So your opinions count here, and you count much, also, to the Lord. Don't let anybody tell you different, Sister!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Judas Iscariot

                      Originally posted by Kirjathsepher View Post
                      ... Im getting me a piece of quiche (just made one for dinner) If I had a star trek meal transporter I would send you a slice.

                      God bless you too
                      Originally posted by AllPraiseToJesus View Post
                      It's a shame there's no transporter, then. I've never had quiche, but the Bible clearly states that man does not live by bread alone. (As to the latter, from looking at many forum posts, I'm practicing scripture interpretation out of context, should maybe throw in a theory that Christ was allegorically ordering quiche from Satan?)
                      Between these posts and the one on the "Atonement" thread where LandShark and Keck are discussing sushi, maybe we need to start a "Bible Foods" message board? Just sayin' ...
                      The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.
                      They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
                      "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
                      The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.
                      It is good that he wait's silently For the Salvation of the LORD.
                      (Lamentations 3:22-26)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Judas Iscariot

                        Originally posted by AllPraiseToJesus View Post
                        Well, you're very spiritual and clearly love the word of God. So your opinions count here, and you count much, also, to the Lord. Don't let anybody tell you different, Sister!
                        Well, you did ask LOL

                        I think we can ask for a quiche (or an egg rather) and we can bet on not getting a scorpion

                        But not from Satan, thats sort of insane, not sure where you were going with that LOL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Judas Iscariot

                          Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                          Between these posts and the one on the "Atonement" thread where LandShark and Keck are discussing sushi, maybe we need to start a "Bible Foods" message board? Just sayin' ...
                          Nah, I always hear a food timer when its "time to go" LOL (But not remain to chat about food).

                          Although when I am dry in the Lord thats not so, I cook, and I love to cook now (verses fret about it)

                          Thats when I would wish you guys had a recipe board.

                          I would get the dry heaves with sushi, I tend to prefer it broiled as did the disciples.

                          Im not too keen on locusts either (just sayin')

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Judas Iscariot

                            Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                            Between these posts and the one on the "Atonement" thread where LandShark and Keck are discussing sushi, maybe we need to start a "Bible Foods" message board? Just sayin' ...
                            Yes! We could then have a raging debate, raw versus cooked, whether one can be saved who ingests anything not brought to 160 degrees, whether artificial flavors are the work of the false prophet, whether the Good Housekeeping Seal is the mark of the beast... Martha Stewart the antichrist...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Judas Iscariot

                              Originally posted by Kirjathsepher View Post
                              But not from Satan, thats sort of insane, not sure where you were going with that LOL
                              That was a joke about bad Bible interpretation. Our Lord Jesus was tempted by Satan to turn stones into bread, where our Lord replied, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." I was saying that some people would likely interpret that an allegory to Christ ordering quiche from Satan, instead of bread, for some of the stuff you see online. Just being silly...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X