Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Whoso readeth let him understand?)

Peace be unto you in Christ Jesus the Lord

Someone (on another thread) had brought up what I decided to title this thread to be called, which pertained to what was written in parenthesis in Mat 24:15 which reads in the same, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

And I have looked at this before because it will always be "the way" something is added into a sentence in just the way that is done to get me going. Its just the way I tick I suppose, but a few of these come to mind, if you can follow the pattern of thought.

Daniel says he understood by "the books" this.

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word*of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he* would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

And then of that which followed after as given through Gabriel, Daniel said,

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

So even though he heard, wrote these down for us, the words are noted as closed up and sealed till here...

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

So wouldnt it be somewhat of an important marker, to mark that Daniel who heard but who admits he did not understand be aluded to somehow in this (maybe?). At least in the sentence found in the parenthesis concerning what Daniel spoken? Where it says, "whoso readeth, let him understand" given someone (far later down the line) could just have come back and say, "See here? Its written that Daniel didnt understand what he was even writing, perhaps trying to seek to invalidate some of these things, not sure (its speculatory only) but that is where our Lord (here in Mat) might be showing another possiblility, a marker maybe?

Because Daniel says, I heard but did not understand, these things being sealed, Jesus points out the importance of what ws spoken by Daniel (even though he might not have understood, we find that which is written in parenthesis...

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shallsee the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Whereas right here in Rev 1:3 (at its start) it adresses he that readeth likewise (and the time)

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

And so contrarywise to the words spoken to Daniel about the words being sealed up, from the beginning to the end of the same book

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:for the time is at hand.

Which is then followed by a warning not to add to the prophecy of this particular book.

Okay, so, again...

We have Daniel (of the prophets beforehand) saying

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not

And what is told Daniel

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Now our Lord making reference to what was spoken of by Daniel (who heard but understood not) now say...

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Revelation likewise adresses he that readeth at the beginning saying....

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

And again at the end of Revelation it says likewise....

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Just these two again

Whereas here

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

I love this stuff.

Just as we have "whoso readeth" in respects to what Daniel had spoken (and did not understand), whether as by what he understood by the writings of Jeremiah alone, or that which come by a man sent named Gabriel sent to give him insight.

I only see him being referred to as a man there even though Gabriel is the same name of an angel who appeared both to
    Zacharias (the father of John) and
    to Mary (the mother of the Lord). Just so you know (and we dont get side tracked) because I often do.

But now we have Jesus speaking to what Daniel had already spoken of and what is said in those parenthesis (or the, "whoso readeth, let him understand").

Sort of like in the book of Revelation the first out the gate is what was sent signified by his angel unto John and in Rev 1:3 is the.. "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand". And, no name is given this angel, just that the angel is called, "his" angel (at the beginning) or "mine" angel (at the end) which was sent to show John these things. Perhaps as Daniel was sent a man (who I personally believe to be the angel Gabriel) to show Daniel these things. John, likewise. Although John having fallen down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed him these things who told him not to do that to worship God, is the same angel (as John writes) "
    And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand".

Maybe all of that wasnt too important and I could have put this out there far better, what do you guys think in relation to the wording in these things between the there pictures?

I actually love that people ask that question outloud, because Im always like, I "see dem' wheels spinning upstairs" LOL

I too think its cool between them how there seems to be something relevant (or as a marker of sorts) in those parenthesis.

So I thought I would ask you guys if you have anything further on this.

I didnt want to wrangle with you over them, I want to hear what each of you might have to say (thats all).

Sending out my lips of knowledge "feelers" is all

Thanks, and our God richly bless you all in Christ Jesus the Lord

Last edited by Kirjathsepher; Dec 20th 2014, 03:52 AM. Reason: corrected the book name from Mark to Mat a second time

Re: (Whoso readeth let him understand?)

Originally posted by Kirjathsepher View Post
    Peace be unto you in Christ Jesus the Lord

Someone (on another thread) had brought up what I decided to title this thread to be called, which pertained to what was written in parenthesis in Mat 24:15 which reads in the same, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

And I have looked at this before because it will always be "the way" something is added into a sentence in just the way that is done to get me going. Its just the way I tick I suppose, but a few of these come to mind, if you can follow the pattern of thought.

Daniel says he understood by "the books" this.

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word*of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he* would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

And then of that which followed after as given through Gabriel, Daniel said,

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

So even though he heard, wrote these down for us, the words are noted as closed up and sealed till here...

So wouldnt it be somewhat of an important marker, to mark that Daniel who heard but who admits he did not understand be aluded to somehow in this (maybe?). At least in the sentence found in the parenthesis concerning what Daniel spoken? Where it says, "whoso readeth, let him understand" given someone (far later down the line) could just have come back and say, "See here? Its written that Daniel didnt understand what he was even writing, perhaps trying to seek to invalidate some of these things, not sure (its speculatory only) but that is where our Lord (here in Mat) might be showing another possiblility, a marker maybe?

Because Daniel says, I heard but did not understand, these things being sealed, Jesus points out the importance of what ws spoken by Daniel (even though he might not have understood, we find that which is written in parenthesis...

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shallsee the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Whereas right here in Rev 1:3 (at its start) it adresses he that readeth likewise (and the time)

And so contrarywise to the words spoken to Daniel about the words being sealed up, from the beginning to the end of the same book

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:for the time is at hand.

Which is then followed by a warning not to add to the prophecy of this particular book.

Okay, so, again...

We have Daniel (of the prophets beforehand) saying

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not

And what is told Daniel

Now our Lord making reference to what was spoken of by Daniel (who heard but understood not) now say...

Mark 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Revelation likewise adresses he that readeth at the beginning saying....

And again at the end of Revelation it says likewise....

Just these two again

Whereas here

I love this stuff.

Just as we have "whoso readeth" in respects to what Daniel had spoken (and did not understand), whether as by what he understood by the writings of Jeremiah alone, or that which come by a man sent named Gabriel sent to give him insight.

I only see him being referred to as a man there even though Gabriel is the same name of an angel who appeared both to
    Zacharias (the father of John) and
    to Mary (the mother of the Lord). Just so you know (and we dont get side tracked) because I often do.

But now we have Jesus speaking to what Daniel had already spoken of and what is said in those parenthesis (or the, "whoso readeth, let him understand").

Sort of like in the book of Revelation the first out the gate is what was sent signified by his angel unto John and in Rev 1:3 is the.. "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand". And, no name is given this angel, just that the angel is called, "his" angel (at the beginning) or "mine" angel (at the end) which was sent to show John these things. Perhaps as Daniel was sent a man (who I personally believe to be the angel Gabriel) to show Daniel these things. John, likewise. Although John having fallen down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed him these things who told him not to do that to worship God, is the same angel (as John writes) "
    And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand".

Maybe all of that wasnt too important and I could have put this out there far better, what do you guys think in relation to the wording in these things between the there pictures?

I actually love that people ask that question outloud, because Im always like, I "see dem' wheels spinning upstairs" LOL

I too think its cool between them how there seems to be something relevant (or as a marker of sorts) in those parenthesis.

So I thought I would ask you guys if you have anything further on this.

I didnt want to wrangle with you over them, I want to hear what each of you might have to say (thats all).

Sending out my lips of knowledge "feelers" is all

Thanks, and our God richly bless you all in Christ Jesus the Lord

Hi!!

The problem with this is that you are including whole prophesies in Daniel and Revelation, in Matthew and Mark it is a single statement that has "let the reader understand" and yet in the same conversation in Luke the statement is not given and "when you see Jerusalem surrounded with armies" is given for the abomination that causes desolation in reference to Daniel.
    Every Jew would have known what the statement meant because it was a huge event in the history of Israel, but Luke who is addressing an audience in which this would be not understood tells it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Haddie View Post
      Hi!!

The problem with this is that you are including whole prophesies in Daniel and Revelation, in Matthew and Mark it is a single statement that has "let the reader understand" and yet in the same conversation in Luke the statement is not given and "when you see Jerusalem surrounded with armies" is given for the abomination that causes desolation in reference to Daniel.
      Every Jew would have known what the statement meant because it was a huge event in the history of Israel, but Luke who is addressing an audience in which this would be not understood tells it like it is.
      Yeah I am not including Luke Haggie, I left Luke out and the book I put in as Mark is actually a typo in mine above that should be Mat not Mark (as the verse and chapter belong to Mat).

I have which book up there twice and caught that error, but unfortunately I only corrected it once.

And yes I understand theres a gap such as what is quoted in Daniel 9:2 then out as far as Dan 12:8 & 9 filling in between what he understood and by what (the books) especially Jeremiah and then come Gabriel as he sough to understand, but in the end what he did not understand. But which says later in the gospels, whoso readeth let him understand. I am focusing on that.

I am speaking only to the understanding part not anything of the prophetic part of this.

I think we miss each other though

God bless you by Christ Jesus the Lord

Comment

It really is most fascinating and exciting that, in Daniel's time, the book of the prophecies was sealed, there had to come running to and fro, knowledge increasing of the future. But we are now in a time where we can see these things of Daniel and Revelation upon us, the prophecies no longer sealed. Good stuff!

Comment

Yeah it is cool to see how he keeps a watch over knowledge and when your not meant to see something (as it might be sealed) at one time how at another time its open where you can. That is pretty cool.

God bless you!

Comment

Working...
          X