Karma unbiblical/moved to BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma unbiblical/moved to BC

Is the hinduism concept of "Karma" unbiblical?

If you lie and cheat now,it will come back to you later.

Originally posted by godsgrace22 View Post
    Is the hinduism concept of "Karma" unbiblical?

If you lie and cheat now,it will come back to you later.
    In short: most definitely. Karma is based on the principle that what goes around, comes around: your good deeds stack up on one side and your bad deeds on the other. The more the scale tips over to the good side, the better off you are. Though this sounds interesting when not considered any further, a closer look reveals the unbiblical nature of the concept of karma.

The first wrong turn that karma makes is that it assumes the goodness of man. One can only build up a reserve of good deeds if man himself is intrinsically good. Karma teaches that if you only try hard enough, you can work your way to complete spiritual perfection. This teaching is diametrically opposed to the Biblical concept that man is intrinsically evil - all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We cannot reach perfection on our own - we need Jesus. If karma were the way to go, Jesus would have never needed to die on the cross and rise on the third day.

Another thought to be considered is karma's notion that our salvation is dependent on our deeds. If you only do enough good things, you'll move up on the spiritual ladder! Doesn't the Bible teach that sin is sin and separates us from God? No matter how many good things you do, God tells us that this one sin will still separate you from Him and require you to find salvation through Jesus Christ! No amount of good works will ever be able to buy our salvation or even spiritual progress. We are completely dependent on the grace of Jesus Christ to change, transform, and save us! Without Him, there is nothing we can do to bring ourselves closer to salvation.

In short: yes, the concept of karma is very unbiblical.

Edit: Let me just add that the Biblical idea of forgiveness means our sins are wiped away and forgotten, an idea that karma is not familiar with. The past is done away with and covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Yes, our actions still have consequences sometimes - but those consequences will not be spiritual if we only come to the cross and repent.
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

Comment

it is true that what goes around comes around as the bible say you reap what you sow, but karma also involves reincarnation into another being when you die which is not true.

Comment

Karma in a whole goes into some crazy weird stuff.

But going with what goes around comes around the bible says you reap what you sow. I dont think you should base your life on that though

Comment

Moving this to bible chat.
          "The flowers appear on the earth,
          the time of singing has come,
          and the voice of the turtledove
          is heard in our land
          ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

From wikipedia

Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.
            From this top bolded emphasis (mine) I would say it is definitely un-Biblical. Our deeds are not what get us entry to Heaven. We are saved by grace through faith, not of ourselves or by our own good works.

I'm not even going to discuss the bottom part I put in bold. That is obviously against our Christian beliefs.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
            Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Anything hinting of the belief in Reincarnation is not scriptural and it can not be acceptable Christian belief.

Hebrews 9:27 KJV
              And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
              "The flowers appear on the earth,
              the time of singing has come,
              and the voice of the turtledove
              is heard in our land
              ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Working...
              X