Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shofars (trumpets) in Christianity

Hello,

I recently bought a shofar (ram's horn trumpet) and plan on playing it at least on the new and full moons as described in The Psalms:
    Psa 81:3 Blow the trumpet at the time of the New Moon, At the full moon, on our solemn feast day. (NKJV)

I am wondering if this is appropriate as a Christian. Are there any Scripture references I should consider before doing this?
    I read that its playing is reserved within the Jewish community for two holidays, I don't know why. Would I use the Jewish calls when playing?

I saw on another board quite a debate on whether it was biblical but I didn't see any sound references against its use today. Thank you.

Re: Shofars (trumpets) in Christianity

Originally posted by qualeym View Post
    Hello,

I recently bought a shofar (ram's horn trumpet) and plan on playing it at least on the new and full moons as described in The Psalms:
    Psa 81:3 Blow the trumpet at the time of the New Moon, At the full moon, on our solemn feast day. (NKJV)

I am wondering if this is appropriate as a Christian. Are there any Scripture references I should consider before doing this?
    I read that its playing is reserved within the Jewish community for two holidays, I don't know why. Would I use the Jewish calls when playing?

On another board I read the shofar was not mentioned in the NT. There was quite a debate on whether it was biblical but I didn't see any sound references against its use today. Thank you.
    You are free in Christ to do what you feel is right in your own heart. The danger in adopting a Jewish tradition is to then judge others who don't. So one must be careful to not become legalistic and religious about what one sees as good. Otherwise blow that shofar whenever the urge arises!

Peace and freedom in Christ.

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
    מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Comment

Working...
    X