Laws written on their hearts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Emanate,

I'll take the bait. Please explain what you would like to say.

Peace,

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Walstib View Post
      Hi Emanate,

I'll take the bait. Please explain what you would like to say.

Peace,

Joe

Well, the first Pentecost was at Mt. Sinai, so I was just looking for a distinction.

Comment

Emanate,

I was thinking today you may have meant festivals at other points in time. I thought my references to the verses from John explained which one I meant.

I was hoping for some rich symbolism that the ones in the past had shadowed concerning the one I believe Jesus was referring to or something.

Peace,
        Joe

Comment

Emanate,

I was thinking today you may have meant festivals at other points in time. I thought my references to the verses from John explained which one I meant.

I was hoping for some rich symbolism that the ones in the past had shadowed concerning the one I believe Jesus was referring to or something.

Peace,
          Joe

Actually, it is quite amazing the smilarities found in the first pentecost and the one mentioned in Acts.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
            What would be the difference in the actions of one of these Gentiles and todays Christians?
            Mike, I didn't read every post, (somebody may have pointed this out) but the word gentile, in can mean any of a few things. In Romans 2:9 (last word) it seems to be talking about Greek speaking people as the word "Hellēn" ( Ἕλλην) is used. But in the verse you cite, the Greek word "ethnos" ( ἔθνος) is used. Ethnos can mean Gentile, heathen, a partuclar race, a nation, etc. It can also mean "anyone who is not a Jew." Remember, God showed Peter through a vision of food that "people" whom God had made clean were not to be considered unclean.

Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

The trouble is, and the reason I wanted to post...many Christians think of themselves as gentiles. This is not the case anymore...we were, but we are not now. In Ephesians 2, Paul writes that in times past we were Gentiles in the flesh, he goes on to say we were aliens of the Commonwealth of Israel and now through faith are considered fellow citizens.

I know that all was slightly off topic, but I wanted to make sure you knew, that if you have faith in Yahushua (Jesus), that through him you are not an alien of Israel, you are a fellow citizen.

Peace.
            ken

Comment

Emanate

I got thinking today about how you said "first Pentecost". I started thinking about whether it was before or after "the law" was given. What was going on the fifty days after the first passover in Egypt? Neat topic to start a thread on I think.

Peace
              Joe

Comment

Emanate

I got thinking today about how you said "first Pentecost". I started thinking about whether it was before or after "the law" was given. What was going on the fifty days after the first passover in Egypt? Neat topic to start a thread on I think.

Peace
                Joe

Perhaps you are right, because the first pentecost happened fifty days after leaving Egypt, when the Torah was given to this newly redeemed people.

Comment

Working...
                X