'copyright' is atheistic and illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'copyright' is atheistic and illegal

What the world does with copyright, the world does. Yes we have to and must observe that law.

Should the Church, and those within the Church, 'copyright'?
    I think what many in the Church fail to see, is that 'copyright' is atheistic in its claims.

Copyright says 'I' am the rights holder, the creator, the author, the originator of that work.

In it's true sense:
    Copyright denies the True Creator, the True Originator, and the True Author.
    Copyright denies God, and denies Him His Glory.

Those who are in the Church, and claim copyright © have by the legal definition, claimed that right illegally.

If my father built something for me, and I am given that gift, can I legally claim to be the creator, the author, the originator of that gift?

I know some would say about costs and time etc involved, but it really does not have to cost a great deal today. With the internet it is very easy to distribute words, and music and movie.

Tell me, how many unbelievers are going to pay hard earned money, to buy that book or buy that cd to listen to that song?

Don't you see how copyright limits what God can do through you. It limits God reaching and touching the unbeliever through you.

Originally posted by Partaker of Christ View Post
    What the world does with copyright, the world does. Yes we have to and must observe that law.

I think what many in the Church fail to see, is that 'copyright' is atheistic in its claims.

Copyright says 'I' am the rights holder, the creator, the author, the originator of that work.

In it's true sense:

Those who are in the Church, and claim copyright © have by the legal definition, claimed that right illegally.

If my father built something for me, and I am given that gift, can I legally claim to be the creator, the author, the originator of that gift?

I know some would say about costs and time etc involved, but it really does not have to cost a great deal today. With the internet it is very easy to distribute words, and music and movie.

Tell me, how many unbelievers are going to pay hard earned money, to buy that book or buy that cd to listen to that song?

Don't you see how copyright limits what God can do through you. It limits God reaching and touching the unbeliever through you.
    Copyright protects the authors from being plagiarised (yes, this does happen!) or their worked being changed by others. This doesn't mean that the Church can't use material that has been copyrighted, simply that, in some cases, permission is needed before it can be used.

Many Christians authors/poets (myself included) give permission before-hand that poems may be used by churches etc. without said institutions/individuals having to request it first.

Before I published my poems on the web I consulted a laywer who strongly advised me to take the necessary precaution (copyright), since we don't live in a perfect world.

Are you aware that the Bible is copyrighted?

God bless
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Comment

I can see what you are saying, but copyright does not necessarily mean that we have to charge for something. In fact, it is just the opposite, copyright ensures that I have the right to offer whatever I have made with God's help free of charge to anyone I want to.

If I wrote a book and then I didn't copyright it, anyone in the world would be able to claim my material as their own and profit from it. However, if I copyright it, that can't happen and if I chose to do so, I could give away my books.

Hope this helps....
      Mommy to Brooke, Braden and Bristol

Comment

Originally posted by paidforinfull View Post
        Copyright protects the authors from being plagiarised (yes, this does happen!) or their worked being changed by others. This doesn't mean that the Church can't use material that has been copyrighted, simply that, in some cases, permission is needed before it can be used.

Many Christians authors/poets (myself included) give permission before-hand that poems may be used by churches etc. without said institutions/individuals having to request it first.

Before I published my poems on the web I consulted a laywer who strongly advised me to take the necessary precaution (copyright), since we don't live in a perfect world.

God bless
        Hi paidforinfull!

Yes the bible is copyrighted (illegally) by man.
        God is the creator, the author and the originator of the scriptures.

God (the True rights holder) freely gave the scriptures, for all who would read them, hear them and believe them.

If I am given the gift of miracles, and someone is healed, can I 'legally' claim to be the author, and creator of that healing?

Comment

Originally posted by flybaby View Post
          I can see what you are saying, but copyright does not necessarily mean that we have to charge for something. In fact, it is just the opposite, copyright ensures that I have the right to offer whatever I have made with God's help free of charge to anyone I want to.

If I wrote a book and then I didn't copyright it, anyone in the world would be able to claim my material as their own and profit from it. However, if I copyright it, that can't happen and if I chose to do so, I could give away my books.

Hope this helps....
          Hi flybaby!

Charge or no charge, 'copyright' is an illegal claim.
          Does God require us to use illegal means to protect His work?

Comment

Hi paidforinfull!

God (the True rights holder) freely gave the scriptures, for all who would read them, hear them and believe them.

If I am given the gift of miracles, and someone is healed, can I 'legally' claim to be the author, and creator of that healing?
            You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

God bless.
            Jeremiah 29:11
            "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Comment

In it's true sense:

If somebody tried to copyright the earth or the universe, then yeah, that'd be out of bounds, but for an author or an artist to copyright a work of theirs to which they are rightfully entitled to have their income off of protected is perfectly reasonable. Even the Apostle Paul told the Corinthians not to muzzle the ox that treads the grain.
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

In the Old Testament, it was God who freely gave land to His people. Yet they had boundary stones to indicate what land they owned, and at least a few of the Torah Laws were made in relation to people owning things that were freely given to them.

The Father gave people land, but He still acknowledged that those people owned it and that it could be stolen from them.

And that was something freely given to them. In which case, the people who actually put the time and work into creating something are naturally given ownership of it by the very fact that they created it, and it is thus up to them what to do with it.
                To This Day

Comment

Hi paidforinfull!

Modern translations are NOT copyrighting the Bible. They are copyrighting their translation of it. If you believe they are not entitled to receive income as a result of the many hours of work they put into producing that translation, then you are free to get a different translation.
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

In it's true sense:

You seem to be confusing "legal" with moral. While we might debate whether the copyright laws are moral, there is no debate about whether they are legal.

Comment

Interesting.

It is an interesting discussion, but how far does this go?

If I write something, I should not think I own it? Right? (Do I understand this correctly?)

How about if I paint something? Is that mine?

Ok, how about carve something? Say I carve a flute? Do I own that?

Or if I melt metal, and forge something? Maybe a car. Can I own a car?

All matter was created by the Lord from nothing, and your car is just some of that matter... so do you really own it? Maybe
                      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                      ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                      ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Just to clarify.....

This post is a result of this thread right?

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=147508
                        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                        ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                        ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Originally posted by paidforinfull View Post

God bless
                          From a legal standpoint your are correct. From a Christian standpoint we should rejoice if any of our Christian writing should be lifted because (1) someone thought it was good enough to copy and (2) the word is being spread.
                          Ronald Reagan had a plaque on his desk that said "There's no limit to what you can accomplish as long as you don't care who gets the credit."

Every good Pastor worth his salt stole shamlessly from every sermon that ever made an impression on him and weaved them all into his own unique mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                            If somebody tried to copyright the earth or the universe, then yeah, that'd be out of bounds, but for an author or an artist to copyright a work of theirs to which they are rightfully entitled to have their income off of protected is perfectly reasonable. Even the Apostle Paul told the Corinthians not to muzzle the ox that treads the grain.
                            The Apostle Paul, did not say that they should use or make an illegal claim.

Legally 'copyright' gives rights to the rights holder. The rights holder is the one who has created, authored and originated that item.

You said "If somebody tried to copyright the earth or the universe" but what about EVERYTHING in it?

For what do we have that we did not receive?
                            1Co 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                              In the Old Testament, it was God who freely gave land to His people. Yet they had boundary stones to indicate what land they owned, and at least a few of the Torah Laws were made in relation to people owning things that were freely given to them.

The Father gave people land, but He still acknowledged that those people owned it and that it could be stolen from them.

And that was something freely given to them. In which case, the people who actually put the time and work into creating something are naturally given ownership of it by the very fact that they created it, and it is thus up to them what to do with it.
                              Ownership, is not a claim to being the creator, author and originator.
                              Sure, we can have laws to protect ownership.

I own a car, but I did not create it.

Comment

Working...
                              X