Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is 666 evil is it in the bible or is it some thing man came up with

Hi Addams,

You can read about 666 in Revelation 13.
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Addams Family View Post

Bibilically speaking, 666 is not evil. It is simply the number of the man who is evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Addams Family View Post
        I am trying to remember how this went, I have to grab my notes. (not with me) In the Torah, there is a reference to the head (right between the eyes) and hand. Somebody might know this and can help me out...but there was a mark put on the forehead, (more spiritual I think) and then something they wore went across the heart and then the leather strap wrapped around the hand.

The number might be 666 (that's 600+60+6) but there are some older manuscripts that use 616. (400+200+16) Why I think that "might" be significant, is because when you look at those numbers in Hebrew, they are of course, numbers. But Hebrew uses letters to write six hundred and sixteen. Those letters also make up words, and those words are "head, hand, heart."

Seeing the "mark" of the Beast is placed on the head or hand, this might be significant. Another factor is that there is a false Torah being preached, so the head and hand + the false Torah (heart) might be significant.

Know this though, God is supposed to be our provider. He is the authority by which we are supposed to live our lives. The world's system's (through government) are doing what today? They are setting themselves up to meet our every need. Many are fed by them, housed by them, educated by them, given health care by them, etc. And what do they want to do? Expand that to all people. So when they position themselves into the position of God...becoming our source of provision, when we hand over our welfare to their authority, we allow then to replace God. This, I fear, is where we are heading. So the 616 might actually fit better into this scenario then the 666. Time will tell.
        Peace.
        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrank View Post

Another factor is that there is a false Torah being preached, so the head and hand + the false Torah (heart) might be significant.
          Can you explain this more for me please? What is this "false Torah"?

Comment

Understanding numbers and their symbolism explains 666.
            #2 - power - two are stronger than one
            #3 - God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit
            #4 - world - north, south, east, west
            #5 - man - 5 fingers, 5 toes
            #6 - bad omen - falls one short of perfection, their #13
            #7 - perfection
            #8 - new power - first day of the week, new beginning, Jesus - 888
            #10- government - 2 X 5 - power X man
            #12- organized religion - 12 tribes, 12 apostles
            #40- period of cleansing
            #1,000 - complete, has a beginning and an end

Things repeated three times made it solid, assured
            Holy, holy, holy. Rev.4:8
            So man is guaranteed to fall short of completion, 666 Rev.13:18
            Nothing to do with the mark of the beast, but shows the beast is a man
            doomed for failure as all men are without Christ in their life.

Some will disagree with some of these numbers, this is what I believe.

RJ

Three Dog Night - "One is the loneliest number that you'll ever know.
            Two can be as bad as one, its the loneliest number since the number one."

Comment

Originally posted by Back2Front View Post
              Can you explain this more for me please? What is this "false Torah"?
              Yes, but I errored in what I said. Some manuscripts do not contain 666, they contain 616. In Hebrew it is written as 400+200+16. Hebrew letters make up the numbers, but at the same time, they are also words. I will try if you are interested in posting the Hebrew letters so you can have a visual. In the meantime, the letters used to write 616 mean in Hebrew, "Mark, head and hand."

Now, I am not saying this is correct, just another alternative to consider. It is based on this:

Deu 6:4 "Hear, O Yisra’ĕl: יהוה our Elohim, יהוה is one!
              Deu 6:5 "And you shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your might.
              Deu 6:6 "And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be in your heart,
              Deu 6:7 and you shall impress them upon your children, and shall speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up,
              Deu 6:8 and shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

You can see in verse 8, a command to bind Torah to the hand and set as frontlets (a band across the forehead) between the eyes, the forehead. So God's people were marked so to speak, on the forehead and hand with Torah.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
              Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
              Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
              Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

As you can see above, the mark of the beast (vs. 16) will be on the right hand or forehead. So God's people are mark on the hand and forehead, those not belonging to God also mearked on the forehead or hand.

As for the false Torah, we might want to start a new thread on that. There is a lot to it, and seeing the time right now, I just can't get into it right now. Possibly sometime Sunday or Sunday night.

Peace and blessings.
              Ken

Comment

The Bible speaks of how when David wanted to build the temple he wasn't allowed to - as he was a man of war. Solomon his son would do this task instead.

Okay, David had gathered up gold, silver, iron and such and gave it to his son - telling him

that of this -
                there is "no number"

David then told Solomon to build the sanctuary and add to that amount.

So zero - plus the amount that Solomon would gain.

There is a 666 amount found in 1 Kings 10:14 as to in one year that was given to Solomon.
                http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Okay, what if Solomon put that 666 as to the building of the temple?

Daniel 5 shows us that God weighs kings for their sin.

When God weighed Nebucadnezzar's sin for the destruction of the temple built by Solomon - the number 666 would come forth.

Nebuchadnezzar would for his sin of blasphemy at the holy site - be numbered 666.

Rev. 13:1 tells us what name is on the seven heads?
                  as kings

blasphemy

the number of his name (blasphemy)
                  = 666

John saw that an ancient king is to come up out of the bottomless pit and rule again.

the beast that was
                  http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Working...
                  X