X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454904,00.html

By Joshua Rhett Miller

Online dating service eHarmony has agreed to create a new Web site "Compatible Partners" for gay and lesbian users, the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced.
    Created as part of a settlement with Eric McKinley, a gay man from New Jersey, the Web site will provide services for users seeking same-sex partners by March 31, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights Director J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo said.
    eHarmony, which was founded by Dr. Neil Clark Warren in 2000, said the settlement was triggered by a Law Against Discrimination complaint filed by McKinley against the online service on March 14, 2005. As part of the agreement, eHarmony will pay McKinley $5,000 and will provide him a one-year complimentary membership.
    eHarmony which was not found in violation of the law also agreed to ensure that same-sex users will be matched using the same or equivalent technology used for its heterosexual clients. It will also post photographs of same-sex couples in its "Diversity" section of its Web site and in advertising materials.
    Another company falls victim to the gay agenda and liberal courts.

This got me thinking. Should a Christian dating site be forced to accept gays as well?

In a word, no. I'm waiting for the chrisitan coffee houses to stop being able to play christian music, or welcome gays who display affection in public. Or the chrisitan bookstore who can't advertise on the tv or radio. Here comes the hate crime legislation that will put many out of business.

Comment

This is insane. Its like stepping in and forcing Microsoft to sell bicycles. E-harmony was created to serve a specific market segment how can the government force them into a completely separate business?

Comment

hmmmmm. not cool, but to be expected.

it's funny cuz i just was skimming a book written by the guy who made that site....it was bland as white paint. yup

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post

This got me thinking. Should a Christian dating site be forced to accept gays as well?
          No, a Christian site shouldn't be forced to accept gays as well. There are PLENTY of gay dating sites; I'm not very sure why eHarmony should have been forced to create a separate sub-company, exactly, when it comes to that. Companies should absolutely be able to specialize in whatever they offer. Heck, gay dating companies don't open their site up to straight people looking for a date. So....
          -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
          It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
          So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
          We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
          Warren Barfield

Comment

One other thing, why did they give into a settlement???? If it was me, I would have fought it tooth and nail.

Comment

eHarmony is anything but christian - christian coated (like the candy shell on the outside) but very little on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndie View Post
                One other thing, why did they give into a settlement???? If it was me, I would have fought it tooth and nail.
                If you had investment capital backing you, the decision might not be yours.

Comment

Well biblical speaking a man that finds a wife finds a good thing, do either of them being christians need to be on a dating site? I'm just asking,
                  It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                    If you had investment capital backing you, the decision might not be yours.
                    True, I didn't think of that.

Comment

Thats the problem with Unequally yoking. The Christian foundations were corrupted by the investor funds they took. They had to cave in for the sake of the investors they should never have been yoked with.
                      Dragonfighter1
                      Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Oh brother now another thing tainted....I don't blame the Amish for stcking to themselves.....jeeze...

And no we should not have to make gay areas on Christian sites and companies anymore than we should have cheating partners....Stealing , lying etc.....as seperate ehamony sites WHAT A WORLD

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          This is insane. Its like stepping in and forcing Microsoft to sell bicycles. E-harmony was created to serve a specific market segment how can the government force them into a completely separate business?
                          The government's not forcing this which is what has me puzzled and very mad. Why is eHarmony capitulating like this when the Courts sided with them and said they didn't HAVE TO cater to gays?

Comment

This is about as legit as having an African American History month adn class, and then ignoring every other race.

Comment

Wow that is ridiculous. The things is, e-harmony provides services for opposite sexes to meet. They already provide the same service for gays as for straights - a way to meet those of the opposite sex.

What I think they should do is just create the site, but every time anyone logs in its set up to just say there's no match.

Comment

Working...
                              X