Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gospel of the kingdom

the beginning of Jesus ministry

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.......

Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them. And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.”
    **Luke‬ *4:17-19, 21, 40-41, 43‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
    **Mark‬ *1:14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
    **Matthew‬ *4:23‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”
    **Matthew‬ *9:35‬ *KJV‬‬

he tells his disciples...

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

then instructs his disciples...

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

Pauls ministry

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.”
    **Acts‬ *20:25‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
    **Acts‬ *28:30-31‬ *KJV‬‬

something really important Jesus had said...

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. See acts 1-2.

And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.”
    **Luke‬ *24:44-49, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

the law and prophets were foretelling about Jesus, Jesus life was the fulfillment of what the law and prophets and psalms were saying, promising, foretelling. Peter also says this same thing About all the prophets writing about Jesus and the present time Of acts, even Moses was writing about Jesus......something Jesus actually says also.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”
    **John‬ *5:37-40, 45-47‬ *KJV‬‬

“And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.”
    **Acts‬ *3:17-18‬ *KJV‬‬

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    **Acts‬ *3:22-26‬ *KJV‬‬

we learn from the entire bible about Jesus, and about God the Father, the history of man, our fall , our condemnation under law....but the gospel, is our life it is our law, that gives life.

God bless

easily we see how Jesus came first to,the Jew with the gospel of the kingdom, and after he is resurrected, he sends them out with the gospel to all the world. And so the long awaited promise to Abraham begins its promissory fulfillment not only to Israel, but to all people of the earth. And what Paul explains here really hits home.

“Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
    **Galatians‬ *3:7-9, 14, 16, 22, 26-29‬ *KJV‬‬

the gospel is not about the law given at horeb through Moses, it was promised to Abraham, when he offered his only begotten son it was confirmed a future promise that would bless all people of the earth. It's about that promise. Then Jesus is born, who is the seed in that promise. Through Christ, all the earth would be invited to belong whether Jew or gentile. Jew first , and then gentile.

all we truly need to do is to cling to Jesus and the gospel, follow where he leads . We truly have a new and far better law. That of Jesus Christ.

Re: The gospel of the kingdom

The point is the importance ofmjesus teachings , his ministry, the gospel

According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *18:16-19‬ *KJV‬‬

this already tells us, that Moses law is not the judgement God is going to require of the people forever, he already is speaking of Christ. We know that this is a reference to Christ because peters first and second sermons, explain it perfectly. Particularly here he directly refers to this scripture

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    **Acts‬ *3:22-26‬ *KJV‬‬

so we now have to accept, Moses way back as the law was being given to the people, had said God is going to raise up one like me from among you, God will put his words in his mouth and he will speak all that God says. Him you must hear God will hold men to account according to his words, the one God will raise up from among your brethren.

Peter has explained now this is Jesus, who was sent by God to speak his eternal words of judgement and truth, he was sent first to the Jews and then they would carry his message to all the world. Then we consider the things Jesus was saying, in a brand new light, understanding his authority, is written in the law itself, that when he came, what he says goes. So when he says " Moses said an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth....but I Jesus tell you , do not repay evil with evil, but do good to those who offend you." He has the authority to do so, it's written in the law, and was told by Moses himself to the people. The plan for Jesus to come having authority was always the plan.

He is the one with the word of God. So all the claims Jesus said like this...make perfect sense.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
    **John‬ *14:23-24‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.”
    **John‬ *8:23-28, 31-32, 40, 42-43, 47, 51-52‬ *KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
    **John‬ *18:37‬ *KJV‬‬

“And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”
    **John‬ *5:37-40, 45-47‬ *KJV‬‬

see how often Jesus is pointing to his words, not being from him, but from God who sent him. He makes the point, my words, are not mine they belong to him that sent me." So then what God told Moses becomes very important. And the fact that Peter explains this is who Moses wrote of to come. Jesus supercedes anything Moses mediated. It was designed that way as Moses was giving the law. Jesus was already said to be raised up in the future, to speak Gods binding word, that Gods words would be what this one would speak. One from among thier brethren. ......in light of the gospel we know. Jesus.

it's important to know why he claims to,be the one God sent, God began saying he would send him as he was giving the mosaic law to them at horeb. In the law itself, it says I will send them......Jesus he will speak my words of requirement...ect. We just don't understand until the gospel comes, and the epistles begin to shine light on what Jesus means to both Jew and gentile.

Comment

Jesus life from his virgin birth, to his anointing and ministry, to his miracles, his authority, his title Gods begotten son, the Christ, his suffering for our sins, his resurrection from the dead, his paying our price and redeeming us by his blood, his justifying us through his knowledge . Him preaching the gospel, bringing Gods judgement into truth and offering it to the Gentiles......him being abandoned by his fellows, and suffering alone, keeping silent before his accusers, the congregation ofmisrael including priests and elders condemning him.....things he said on the cross, all of the gospel is the manifestation of Gods words of promise through the law and prophets beforehand. They were foretelling about Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Follower1977 View Post
        Jesus life from his virgin birth, to his anointing and ministry, to his miracles, his authority, his title Gods begotten son, the Christ, his suffering for our sins, his resurrection from the dead, his paying our price and redeeming us by his blood, his justifying us through his knowledge . Him preaching the gospel, bringing Gods judgement into truth and offering it to the Gentiles......him being abandoned by his fellows, and suffering alone, keeping silent before his accusers, the congregation ofmisrael including priests and elders condemning him.....things he said on the cross, all of the gospel is the manifestation of Gods words of promise through the law and prophets beforehand. They were foretelling about Jesus.
        It is difficult for so many to grasp the concept of the bible. To many people get stuck with the old testament and the new.
        They look for meanings that are not there, or use there own mind and thoughts to make the bible teachings fit there world.
        When in fact it is far more basic than you think, do you think that God would allow a book that only well educated people could read or is it made simple for us lowly creatures.
        The bible makes those who think themselves clever and knowledgeable look stupid.
        Those are not my words.
        All that matters is that we obey the 10 commandments.
        Jesus came to explain the way we should do it because the scribes and the pharasies did not teach the law properly to the people.
        It is only recently that the bible has been available to everyone to read for himself as mentioned that it would be so.

The problem is that we can't or won't follow the law of God because we don't want to, we would rather go chasing money or property or treasure or lusting or lying.
        All the things that Jesus tells us to deny ourselves we have a tendency to do.

The stories in the bible are to help us understand what we gain from following Christ and what will happen if we don't, it's as simple as that.

The old testament is the rise and fall of the Jews who turned there back on God and the consequences.

The new testament is the way to behave, to think, to feel, to remove anger, to remove worry and fear act
        By a renewing of the mind to remove yourself from the world and the way should proceed.
        We should not live outside our means, I think that taking out loans for you to get stuff that you think you need, going after a new car because you want to show off.
        Getting a £18.000 kitchen just to show off your life style all these things and more.

Ask yourself if you would be willing to sell all you have and give it to the poor and follow jesus and if you have the mind of the rich person who Jesus knew in his heart would not sell his stuff would not enter the kingdom of God then how far away from the truth are you.

All the people I speak to will not give up anything to follow God but love the world, they don't need God they have a fancy car and a nice house toys to play with, what do they need God for.

Comment

The Gospel of the Kingdom is a *single Kingdom* and *many nations, including Israel.* God promised Abraham a multitude of nations whose faith would be based on one God, the God of Abraham. But there would only be one Kingdom, just as God expressed displeasure when Israel divided into two kingdoms.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is, in my opinion, the impact of Jesus on today, while we await the fulfillment of a future Kingdom. The Gospel is that the Kingdom is *near,* and not that it is *here.*

So when we think of how Jesus impacts us today, we look at how the *nearness* of the Kingdom affects our environment today. We are impacted by salvation, by judgment, by all of the things that precede the actual coming of the Kingdom.

And so, the Gospel is all about what we need to do today, in expectation of the coming Kingdom. We prepare for that Kingdom by repenting, and by embracing Jesus as our spiritual life. We repent of our sins, and live in righteousness, proclaiming the gospel to all who will hear.

The Law of Moses was all about expressing, through rituals, the need for atonement for sin. But it was fulfilled in Christ, through whom we now live under the Law of God, in preparation for the Kingdom. So salvation is for today. And that is what the Gospel of a "near Kingdom" means, that it is close by and can affect us where we are today in this world. Heaven is close enough to enable us to repent, because the life of Jesus has come down from heaven to fill us with the Holy Spirit.

Comment

There are THREE gospels preached in the New Testament.

(1) The Gospel. The word "gospel" means "Good Message". Without any attached words it simply means that Christ, and Christians have a "Good Message". This message is simple. (i) God has set up somebody else to carry the sins of man into judgement. (ii) Those who avail themselves of it will be forgiven. (iii) Those who avail themselves of this forgiveness may have access to the Tree of Life. Those who avail themselves of the Tree of Life may have God's Life and nature - Eternal Life. (iv) Those who avail themselves of God's Life and nature are heirs of the world and will enjoy things up to God's standard when the process is complete.

(2) The Gospel of the Kingdom. This gospel is the Good News that (i) the present evil Government of the world will end and be replaced, (ii) the present corruption throughout the earth will be stopped and "all families of the earth" be blessed, (iii) men may be returned to God's original purpose with man. The most devastating aspect of the Government on earth since the fall of Adam is that it is SERPENTINE IN NATURE. Man acquiesced to the Serpent and is subject to this "Prince". Death, sickness, war, famine, injustice and chaos come from this Government. When it changes, specially trained men and women will be the new kings over cities. By availing themselves of the forgiveness and of the Tree of Life ENTER a PROCESS whereby they are TRAINED as future kings of the earth. They will be a select group who will have been trained to deny themselves, even unto death, and do the will of Christ and His Father.

(3) The Everlasting Gospel (Rev.14:6). The two gospels above are given to Christians to preach. When the Christians are either removed from earth in Rapture, or have become impotent (Rev.13:7), God gives certain angels the task to preach a Gospel. This gospel is defined in Revelation 14:7. It is; "Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." The Rapture of the overcoming Christians is a signal that the age has changed. The proponents of the Gospel of Grace, and the Gospel of the Kingdom, are removed. The "Good News" is WITHDRAWN by God. From that moment onward, the Economy of God is "JUSTICE". The Criminals of this earth are about to be JUDGED. There is no more GRACE. That lasted 2,000 years. Now, it is; "FEAR GOD ... ." It is; "WORSHIP HIM ... ." It is given to angels to preach from the sky. It is the last call to men to forsake the Beast and his "Prince of this world". But largely, the "Everlasting Gospel" is ignored, for we learn in Revelation 16:9, "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory." But some do, for we hear that John, "... saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that ... had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years" (Revelation 20:4)

Thus, it is easy to see that ALL THREE Gospels have ONE DIRECTION - that is, the change of Government on this earth - The Kingdom of God ON EARTH and Heavenly Rule ON EARTH.
            Last edited by Walls; Apr 16th 2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

This gets a little deep, but here it goes. "Gospel" simply means "good news." Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom, which was, "..Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2). This shows that before the cross, the gospel of grace that Paul taught and came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) was still a mystery.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

That was not part of the gospel which the twelve, John the Baptist, and Jesus Christ were preaching. Yet, they were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus Christ sent the twelve to preach only to Israel. Matthew 10:5 - These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel, and they were not preaching anything about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus Christ asked His disciples, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Now Peter had no clue that Jesus Christ would be crucified and resurrected. He only believed that Jesus was the Messiah. This is obvious when, only moments later, Peter rebukes Jesus Christ for saying he will be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21). In verse 22, "..Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day. Looking back upon this passage we see this as Jesus speaking of an event that would change the history of the world. However, it is unquestionable that the disciples were ignorant of its meaning.

“Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem,…And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. – Luke 18:31-34. hmm... that's strange if the gospel of grace that came through a revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul and was a mystery prior to that has the same content as the gospel of the kingdom. *This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH.

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24).

It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding (Luke 24:44-47).

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. In this age, therefore, there is a distinctive element to the content of the gospel which is called "the mystery of the gospel" (see Ephesians 6:19 and compare with Colossians 1:26-27; 4:3). This new revelation is that the Gentiles are fellow-heirs and fellow-members of the body, and fellow-partakers of the promise (Ephesians 3:6). Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body was previously unknown. The distinctive message of the church is that Jew and Gentile alike may believe the gospel and be united together into ONE BODY (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
              Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by mailmandan View Post
                This gets a little deep, but here it goes. "Gospel" simply means "good news." Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom, which was, "..Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2). This shows that before the cross, the gospel of grace that Paul taught and came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) was still a mystery.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

That was not part of the gospel which the twelve, John the Baptist, and Jesus Christ were preaching. Yet, they were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus Christ sent the twelve to preach only to Israel. Matthew 10:5 - These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel, and they were not preaching anything about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus Christ asked His disciples, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Now Peter had no clue that Jesus Christ would be crucified and resurrected. He only believed that Jesus was the Messiah. This is obvious when, only moments later, Peter rebukes Jesus Christ for saying he will be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21). In verse 22, "..Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day. Looking back upon this passage we see this as Jesus speaking of an event that would change the history of the world. However, it is unquestionable that the disciples were ignorant of its meaning.

“Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem,…And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. – Luke 18:31-34. hmm... that's strange if the gospel of grace that came through a revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul and was a mystery prior to that has the same content as the gospel of the kingdom. *This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH.

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24).

It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding (Luke 24:44-47).

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. In this age, therefore, there is a distinctive element to the content of the gospel which is called "the mystery of the gospel" (see Ephesians 6:19 and compare with Colossians 1:26-27; 4:3). This new revelation is that the Gentiles are fellow-heirs and fellow-members of the body, and fellow-partakers of the promise (Ephesians 3:6). Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body was previously unknown. The distinctive message of the church is that Jew and Gentile alike may believe the gospel and be united together into ONE BODY (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
                Well said! It's crucial that we understand the full message of the Gospel was not understood, but was a mystery, under the OT era. And it is critical that we understand the new revelation came following the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, through which he atoned for our sins. This essentially rendered the Law ineffective in the matter of separating sinful Israel from the glory of God. Since they were redeemed from sin, they could partner with God, and no longer had to be separated. They no longer needed rituals of atonement, that were only temporary, and not effective in the eternal reach of things.

So this meant a major change in the Law happened, and made it so that not even the pagans could be separated from God, if they benefited from the atonement of Christ. Even more, there was no need for a division between Gentiles and Israel, if they both experienced the same God through the same atonement.

It was a profound change in the way business was done under the Law--no more rituals representing a need for atonement, no more separation from the glory of God, and no more separation from Gentiles, if they shared in the atonement of Christ. Paul had a responsibility to put this into words and into writing. And this is the Gospel of the Kingdom *after* the Cross. It was the same Gospel, I believe, of a "near Kingdom," with all of the effects of the Kingdom that are on earth now, preceding the coming of that Kingdom.

But as you say, the Gospel message changed, even if it was still about a "near Kingdom." It now includes the eternal atonement Christ brought, along with an end to the barrier dividing Jews and Gentiles, if they both benefit from Christ's atonement. It's a very real change, and a very real revelation. Thanks for bringing these things out!

Comment

I've read your piece with interest, but there's an error in it, I'm surprised you didn't see. This error is « grace ». You seem to be convinced this was a mystery but it is easily found through out Scripture.

In Gen. 6:8 Noah found grace in the Lords eyes, so grace wasn't a mystery. From Rom. 14:6 we learn that it was of faith grace came to Abraham, and to him the gospel (of grace) was preached: In thee shall all nations be blessed. There cannot be grace without faith.

Ephesians talks grace as well, but this is the last station on the way of salvation, the greek text has btw in 3:9 « the dispensation of the mystery » and not fellowship.

You are correct this is not the gospel of the Kingdom, which is the good message that the Kingdom announced throughout the O.T. finally will be erected in and to Israel, if Israel repents nationally which they didn't, they crucified their King. In Acts they got a second chance, even the grafting of the gentiles on the Olive Tree didn't help and in Acts 28:28 Paul closed the Pentecostal dispensation, the gifts stop and 8 years or there about later, Jerusalem gets destroyed and the Temple burned to the ground. That is when the dispensation of the Mystery started and we are still living in it today. The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached again as we know from Mat. 24:14, this alone is btw proof Israel is not done away with for good, just till the fullness of the gentiles has come in as Rom. 11:25 tells us.

You are also mistaken that « Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body was previously unknown », because it was well known. Paul calls them the church of God. In this the Jew may have had preference of preaching Rom. 1:16, spiritually they were on the same status, Rom. 3:30. Paul calls them in Rom. 12:5 « one body in Christ ». This was not a new message, Abraham was blessed as a gentile before he even had a child. Before the election of Israel this was established. Paul just elaborates and works out what the O.T. already learned.

Aristarkos

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                    Well said! It's crucial that we understand the full message of the Gospel was not understood, but was a mystery, under the OT era. And it is critical that we understand the new revelation came following the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, through which he atoned for our sins. This essentially rendered the Law ineffective in the matter of separating sinful Israel from the glory of God. Since they were redeemed from sin, they could partner with God, and no longer had to be separated. They no longer needed rituals of atonement, that were only temporary, and not effective in the eternal reach of things.

So this meant a major change in the Law happened, and made it so that not even the pagans could be separated from God, if they benefited from the atonement of Christ. Even more, there was no need for a division between Gentiles and Israel, if they both experienced the same God through the same atonement.

It was a profound change in the way business was done under the Law--no more rituals representing a need for atonement, no more separation from the glory of God, and no more separation from Gentiles, if they shared in the atonement of Christ. Paul had a responsibility to put this into words and into writing. And this is the Gospel of the Kingdom *after* the Cross. It was the same Gospel, I believe, of a "near Kingdom," with all of the effects of the Kingdom that are on earth now, preceding the coming of that Kingdom.

But as you say, the Gospel message changed, even if it was still about a "near Kingdom." It now includes the eternal atonement Christ brought, along with an end to the barrier dividing Jews and Gentiles, if they both benefit from Christ's atonement. It's a very real change, and a very real revelation. Thanks for bringing these things out!
                    I propose that the SEPARATION between Israel and Gentile is as fixed as before. If you had brought scripture for your thesis above, you would have been unable to show it. Concerning the "Wall of Partition" between Israelite and Gentile, let us examine the text of Ephesians 2:10-20;

10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
                    11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
                    12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
                    13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
                    14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
                    15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
                    16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
                    17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
                    18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
                    19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                    20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone"

• The use of the words "we", "ye" and "you" address a very select group - those of Ephesians 1:1; "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus". Paul ONLY addresses "the saints, the faithful in Christ Jesus". There can be no talk of Israel and the Gentiles included in this.
                    • Verse 11 uses the word "past" to show that ethnicity and belonging to the Gentiles is OVER. It also uses "are called" because the "uncircumcision" is still around to be called that by the "circumcision" who are also still around. This produces THREE entities that exist at the same time. (i) "ye" the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus, (ii) the "Circumcision", and (iii) the "Uncircumcision".
                    • Verse 12 admits that anyone not a "saint and faithful in Christ Jesus is "far off", "ALIENS to Israel" and "without hope"
                    • Verse 12 also admits that object of the following is so that the once-Gentiles may become eligible - NOT for citizenship in Israel, but ELIGIBLE for the Covenants of Promise. The word "Commonwealth", "politeia" in the Greek, does not address the State of ORIGIN, but "the relation in which a citizen stands to the state, the condition of a citizen." (Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.) It is POLITICAL standing, not ethnic standing. Paul's ethnicity is Israelite by Benjamin. His Political standing is Roman.
                    • Verse13 ONLY those IN Christ Jesus are made "nigh" and this by the blood of Jesus, to which neither Israel nor the Gentiles admit, embrace or avail themselves of.
                    • Verse 14-15 The subject of all this is the "New Man". That is - NEW. And far from reconciliation of Israelite and Gentile, God takes OUT OF BOTH the material for this New Man. And the "PEACE" is not between Israelite and Gentile, but between EX-Israelite and EX-Gentile who NOW make up the third entity - the New Man
                    • Verse 16 shows the result of three things. (i) ONE BODY made up of those OUT OF the nations and the nation of Israel, (ii) the end of the Law FOR THIS GROUP ALONE, and (iii) the enmity created by the wish of God when giving the Law, is not abolished BUT "SLAIN". This connects it immutably with the DEATH of Christ. It is not an abstract idea or legal setup. It is attached to none other than the CREATOR and His Word - a Work that is denied by Israelite and Gentile.
                    • Verse 17-18 is crucial to be accurate with. The EX-Gentiles of the New Man, where FAR OFF, but the EX-Israelite was NOT THERE also. He was but "nigh" - NEAR. The Gentile had no way of getting near to God. The Israelite had Aaron. But the Curtain of the Tabernacle was ever present for Israel. But now, NOT in Israel NOR among the Nations, the New Man HAVE ACCESS TO GOD
                    • Verse 19 is decisive. The EX-Gentiles who were once far off are NOT now, "no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of ISRAEL!" They NOW ARE, "no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God." The "Household" of God is "His kindred" which denotes both related by birth and who ALL participate in the management. They are those who are BORN IN, SERVE IN and INHERIT.
                    • Verse 20 turns back to the Covenants of Promise. In 1st Corinthians 3:10.12 our Lord Jesus is the FOUNDATION of the CHURCH. But here He is the CORNERSTONE. He appears together with Apostles AND prophets. Why? Because the Primary theme of this text is the Covenants of Promise. They are not primarily related to God's House, but WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROMISES given to Abraham. This concerns THE KINGDOM. The Church has the kingship with Christ and while Israel will live "free of fear of their enemies" (Lk.1:74-75), it is Abraham's Seed VIA Christ that will "possess the gate of his enemies" (Gen.22:17; Gal.3:29)

I propose that Israel and the Nations are at ENMITY as much as before. The Law stands as "Wall of Partition" to this day between the two. It is ONLY within the NEW MAN that the Law is "slain" with Christ. Not only does the member of the New Man lose his/her ethnicity, but the Law is DEAD to ALL who make up the new Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
                      I've read your piece with interest, but there's an error in it, I'm surprised you didn't see. This error is « grace ». You seem to be convinced this was a mystery but it is easily found through out Scripture.
                      I never said that "grace itself" was a mystery. I was talking about the gospel of grace (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 3:1-9) that Paul preached, which came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12).

In Gen. 6:8 Noah found grace in the Lords eyes, so grace wasn't a mystery.
                      Again, I never said that "grace itself" was a mystery. Noah had already "found grace" (Genesis 6:8) and was "a preacher of righteousness" (2 Peter 2:5) and "walked with God" even before he built the ark.

From Rom. 14:6 we learn that it was of faith grace came to Abraham, and to him the gospel (of grace) was preached: In thee shall all nations be blessed. There cannot be grace without faith.
                      The "good news" that was preached to Abraham beforehand was “In you shall all the nations be blessed” and not the full picture of the "good news" that Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 3:1-9; Galatians 1:11-12) which was still a mystery at that time.

Ephesians talks grace as well, but this is the last station on the way of salvation, the greek text has btw in 3:9 « the dispensation of the mystery » and not fellowship.

You are correct this is not the gospel of the Kingdom, which is the good message that the Kingdom announced throughout the O.T. finally will be erected in and to Israel, if Israel repents nationally which they didn't, they crucified their King. In Acts they got a second chance, even the grafting of the gentiles on the Olive Tree didn't help and in Acts 28:28 Paul closed the Pentecostal dispensation, the gifts stop and 8 years or there about later, Jerusalem gets destroyed and the Temple burned to the ground. That is when the dispensation of the Mystery started and we are still living in it today. The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached again as we know from Mat. 24:14, this alone is btw proof Israel is not done away with for good, just till the fullness of the gentiles has come in as Rom. 11:25 tells us.
                      I see that we are not in complete disagreement.

You are also mistaken that « Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body was previously unknown », because it was well known. Paul calls them the church of God. In this the Jew may have had preference of preaching Rom. 1:16, spiritually they were on the same status, Rom. 3:30. Paul calls them in Rom. 12:5 « one body in Christ ». This was not a new message, Abraham was blessed as a gentile before he even had a child. Before the election of Israel this was established. Paul just elaborates and works out what the O.T. already learned.
                      Show me in the OT where the gospel that Paul preached in (Ephesians 3:1-9) was "well known" and preached in the OT.
                      Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Show me in the OT where the gospel that Paul preached in (Ephesians 3:1-9) was "well known" and preached in the OT.
                        I never said that in my post, so I don't know where you got it, here you have that part of my message again:

Aristarkos

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post
                          I propose that the SEPARATION between Israel and Gentile is as fixed as before. If you had brought scripture for your thesis above, you would have been unable to show it. Concerning the "Wall of Partition" between Israelite and Gentile, let us examine the text of Ephesians 2:10-20;

10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
                          11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
                          12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
                          13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
                          14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
                          15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
                          16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
                          17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
                          18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
                          19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                          20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone"

• The use of the words "we", "ye" and "you" address a very select group - those of Ephesians 1:1; "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus". Paul ONLY addresses "the saints, the faithful in Christ Jesus". There can be no talk of Israel and the Gentiles included in this.
                          • Verse 11 uses the word "past" to show that ethnicity and belonging to the Gentiles is OVER. It also uses "are called" because the "uncircumcision" is still around to be called that by the "circumcision" who are also still around. This produces THREE entities that exist at the same time. (i) "ye" the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus, (ii) the "Circumcision", and (iii) the "Uncircumcision".
                          • Verse 12 admits that anyone not a "saint and faithful in Christ Jesus is "far off", "ALIENS to Israel" and "without hope"
                          • Verse 12 also admits that object of the following is so that the once-Gentiles may become eligible - NOT for citizenship in Israel, but ELIGIBLE for the Covenants of Promise. The word "Commonwealth", "politeia" in the Greek, does not address the State of ORIGIN, but "the relation in which a citizen stands to the state, the condition of a citizen." (Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.) It is POLITICAL standing, not ethnic standing. Paul's ethnicity is Israelite by Benjamin. His Political standing is Roman.
                          • Verse13 ONLY those IN Christ Jesus are made "nigh" and this by the blood of Jesus, to which neither Israel nor the Gentiles admit, embrace or avail themselves of.
                          • Verse 14-15 The subject of all this is the "New Man". That is - NEW. And far from reconciliation of Israelite and Gentile, God takes OUT OF BOTH the material for this New Man. And the "PEACE" is not between Israelite and Gentile, but between EX-Israelite and EX-Gentile who NOW make up the third entity - the New Man
                          • Verse 16 shows the result of three things. (i) ONE BODY made up of those OUT OF the nations and the nation of Israel, (ii) the end of the Law FOR THIS GROUP ALONE, and (iii) the enmity created by the wish of God when giving the Law, is not abolished BUT "SLAIN". This connects it immutably with the DEATH of Christ. It is not an abstract idea or legal setup. It is attached to none other than the CREATOR and His Word - a Work that is denied by Israelite and Gentile.
                          • Verse 17-18 is crucial to be accurate with. The EX-Gentiles of the New Man, where FAR OFF, but the EX-Israelite was NOT THERE also. He was but "nigh" - NEAR. The Gentile had no way of getting near to God. The Israelite had Aaron. But the Curtain of the Tabernacle was ever present for Israel. But now, NOT in Israel NOR among the Nations, the New Man HAVE ACCESS TO GOD
                          • Verse 19 is decisive. The EX-Gentiles who were once far off are NOT now, "no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of ISRAEL!" They NOW ARE, "no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God." The "Household" of God is "His kindred" which denotes both related by birth and who ALL participate in the management. They are those who are BORN IN, SERVE IN and INHERIT.
                          • Verse 20 turns back to the Covenants of Promise. In 1st Corinthians 3:10.12 our Lord Jesus is the FOUNDATION of the CHURCH. But here He is the CORNERSTONE. He appears together with Apostles AND prophets. Why? Because the Primary theme of this text is the Covenants of Promise. They are not primarily related to God's House, but WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROMISES given to Abraham. This concerns THE KINGDOM. The Church has the kingship with Christ and while Israel will live "free of fear of their enemies" (Lk.1:74-75), it is Abraham's Seed VIA Christ that will "possess the gate of his enemies" (Gen.22:17; Gal.3:29)

I propose that Israel and the Nations are at ENMITY as much as before. The Law stands as "Wall of Partition" to this day between the two. It is ONLY within the NEW MAN that the Law is "slain" with Christ. Not only does the member of the New Man lose his/her ethnicity, but the Law is DEAD to ALL who make up the new Man.
                          It's difficult to put my own position next to your position, and figure out the differences. About the only thing I can say is what I believe. I believe Paul was indeed talking about a unification, spiritually, between Jews and Gentiles in Christ. I don't believe it has anything to do with political unification in the sense that ethnicity and nations immediately disappear. Rather, this has to do with a *spiritual brotherhood* that is now present through Christ.

Israel had been "near" to God, in the sense that God lived among the Israelis through the tabernacle and temple system. The Kingdom itself drew very near to Israel with the 1st Coming of Jesus, who is King over that heavenly Kingdom. But the Kingdom is not yet.

On the other hand, the pagan Gentiles had no legal system connecting them to God. They were "far away." But both groups, near and far, were brought into a new relationship with God that was different than what Israel had experienced up to that time. They received eternal atonement. And this was made available to both Jew and Gentile.

In being liberated from the record of their sins, through Christ, both Israel and the Gentiles were able to enter into this direct relationship with God. Israel had been near to God, but had been separated from God, who appeared at that time to be too holy for them to enter directly into His presence. But now that eternal atonement has come, both Jew and Gentile may enter directly into God's presence.

This removes the separation between chosen people and pagan peoples that formerly existed under the Law. Since both had been redeemed from sin, both groups are now "spiritual brothers." This has nothing to do with removing ethnicity or national association. Rather, this has to do with spiritual status.

I would add this one thing. It appears that the division between Jew and pagan Gentile, which had existed under the Law, was being addressed in the same way that Northern Israel and Southern Judah had been addressed in the Prophets. This division took place despite the spiritual unity that should've existed between the two kingdoms.

However the Northern Kingdom fell far short of their original calling, and fell into paganism. They were no better than the pagan Gentiles. Still, God's intent was to *restore the two kingdoms* under the same spiritual standard, through reformation and restoration.

Paul, then, was presenting this dichotomy between Jews and Gentiles, with both groups being given access to the same God, and so becoming part of a single kingdom, the Kingdom of Christ. And so, some of the differences you make between the Kingdom and general Salvation I cannot share with you. I just cannot explain our differences very well at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin633 View Post
                            It is difficult for so many to grasp the concept of the bible. To many people get stuck with the old testament and the new.
                            They look for meanings that are not there, or use there own mind and thoughts to make the bible teachings fit there world.
                            When in fact it is far more basic than you think, do you think that God would allow a book that only well educated people could read or is it made simple for us lowly creatures.
                            The bible makes those who think themselves clever and knowledgeable look stupid.
                            Those are not my words.
                            All that matters is that we obey the 10 commandments.
                            Jesus came to explain the way we should do it because the scribes and the pharasies did not teach the law properly to the people.
                            It is only recently that the bible has been available to everyone to read for himself as mentioned that it would be so.

The problem is that we can't or won't follow the law of God because we don't want to, we would rather go chasing money or property or treasure or lusting or lying.
                            All the things that Jesus tells us to deny ourselves we have a tendency to do.

The stories in the bible are to help us understand what we gain from following Christ and what will happen if we don't, it's as simple as that.

The old testament is the rise and fall of the Jews who turned there back on God and the consequences.

The new testament is the way to behave, to think, to feel, to remove anger, to remove worry and fear act
                            By a renewing of the mind to remove yourself from the world and the way should proceed.
                            We should not live outside our means, I think that taking out loans for you to get stuff that you think you need, going after a new car because you want to show off.
                            Getting a £18.000 kitchen just to show off your life style all these things and more.

Ask yourself if you would be willing to sell all you have and give it to the poor and follow jesus and if you have the mind of the rich person who Jesus knew in his heart would not sell his stuff would not enter the kingdom of God then how far away from the truth are you.

All the people I speak to will not give up anything to follow God but love the world, they don't need God they have a fancy car and a nice house toys to play with, what do they need God for.
                            The Old and New Testaments are not separate revelations of God but one and the same revelation. The Old points to mans fall and a need for Savior, the New shows us who that Savior is and how He defeated death , hell and the grave. Both are relevant for teaching and instruction for right here and now.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                              It's difficult to put my own position next to your position, and figure out the differences. About the only thing I can say is what I believe. I believe Paul was indeed talking about a unification, spiritually, between Jews and Gentiles in Christ. I don't believe it has anything to do with political unification in the sense that ethnicity and nations immediately disappear. Rather, this has to do with a *spiritual brotherhood* that is now present through Christ.

Israel had been "near" to God, in the sense that God lived among the Israelis through the tabernacle and temple system. The Kingdom itself drew very near to Israel with the 1st Coming of Jesus, who is King over that heavenly Kingdom. But the Kingdom is not yet.

On the other hand, the pagan Gentiles had no legal system connecting them to God. They were "far away." But both groups, near and far, were brought into a new relationship with God that was different than what Israel had experienced up to that time. They received eternal atonement. And this was made available to both Jew and Gentile.

In being liberated from the record of their sins, through Christ, both Israel and the Gentiles were able to enter into this direct relationship with God. Israel had been near to God, but had been separated from God, who appeared at that time to be too holy for them to enter directly into His presence. But now that eternal atonement has come, both Jew and Gentile may enter directly into God's presence.

This removes the separation between chosen people and pagan peoples that formerly existed under the Law. Since both had been redeemed from sin, both groups are now "spiritual brothers." This has nothing to do with removing ethnicity or national association. Rather, this has to do with spiritual status.

I would add this one thing. It appears that the division between Jew and pagan Gentile, which had existed under the Law, was being addressed in the same way that Northern Israel and Southern Judah had been addressed in the Prophets. This division took place despite the spiritual unity that should've existed between the two kingdoms.

However the Northern Kingdom fell far short of their original calling, and fell into paganism. They were no better than the pagan Gentiles. Still, God's intent was to *restore the two kingdoms* under the same spiritual standard, through reformation and restoration.

Paul, then, was presenting this dichotomy between Jews and Gentiles, with both groups being given access to the same God, and so becoming part of a single kingdom, the Kingdom of Christ. And so, some of the differences you make between the Kingdom and general Salvation I cannot share with you. I just cannot explain our differences very well at this point.
                              OK. Your understanding of the matter is noted. Thanks bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X