Posting for an annonymous friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting for an annonymous friend...

(I think this pretty much sums up the question)

........If God chooses to put certain rulers on the throne, why should we vote in elections?

If God is going to chose, why should we even try to influence who wins?

I was thinking about that last night, because someone in the 'things happen for a reason' thread was SO convinced that Paul wrote that God chooses all Earthly leaders.

Signed: A nonny moose
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post

........If God chooses to put certain rulers on the throne, why should we vote in elections?

I was thinking about that last night, because someone in the 'things happen for a reason' thread was SO convinced that Paul wrote that God chooses all Earthly leaders.

Dear Mr. or Mrs Moose. I don't believe God chooses the "rulers of the world." The world is at enmity with God, the ruling system NOT under the authority of God. This is one of the reasons Messiah will return...to set up a Kingdom on earth where God is the ruling authority. Man has tried to set up God's Kingdom on earth, and every time it has failed.

Peace.
    Ken

Comment

Hi Dragonfighter1!

I don't vote in the worlds affairs, because as far as the world goes, I am a stranger, an alien, and a pilgrim.

Comment

Just an opinion. God put me in a certain place in time and history. I do not have a passion for politics, although my mentor does. I do have a responsiblity to be a good steward of what God has given me. So for me, I must invest some time in making a decision to vote, and who to vote for. I do ask God to guide me. I believe God is a God of outcomes. I may or may not like who won the election. Either way I am to reflect my Lord and Savior the best that I can in my time and place in history. Will our new leader be good or bad, I do not know. I do know that God allowed it. So I will do my best to honor his word and commands.

Comment

Dear Mr. Ken,

I hope you are doing well today. How is the weather in Kentucky?

So anyways, I read your previous letter to Mr. Moose and wondered how you would respond to this scripture?

Romans 13
          Respect for Authority
          Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are Godís servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are Godís servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

Sincerely, and with love to all,

Ms. Bex

Comment

Originally posted by kenrank View Post
            Dear Mr. or Mrs Moose. I don't believe God chooses the "rulers of the world." The world is at enmity with God, the ruling system NOT under the authority of God. This is one of the reasons Messiah will return...to set up a Kingdom on earth where God is the ruling authority. Man has tried to set up God's Kingdom on earth, and every time it has failed.

Peace.
            Ken
            Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Just an opinion. God put me in a certain place in time and history. I do not have a passion for politics, although my mentor does. I do have a responsiblity to be a good steward of what God has given me. So for me, I must invest some time in making a decision to vote, and who to vote for. I do ask God to guide me. I believe God is a God of outcomes. I may or may not like who won the election. Either way I am to reflect my Lord and Savior the best that I can in my time and place in history. Will our new leader be good or bad, I do not know. I do know that God allowed it. So I will do my best to honor his word and commands.
              Dear Mr. Gregg,

How do you know if you are voting against the candiate God has chosen to put into power? I would be worried about doing that if I thought God 'picked' one Himself.

Sincerely and with love to all,

Bex

Comment

I think this is a perfect illustration of freewill and predestination...

We vote(freewill) and God Elects (Predestination).

We are not fighting against God, we are accountable for our vote... and God doesnt stuff the ballot box, rather he uses vessels of dishonor(sinners destined to hell, known only to God) to vote the outcome predetermined by God in his sovereign right.

(bet that starts a bunch of disputing posts!)
                Dragonfighter1
                Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Bex4Jesus View Post
                  Dear Mr. Ken,

So anyways, I read your previous letter to Mr. Moose and wondered how you would respond to this scripture?
                  Greetings Ms. Bex...weather is cold and wet here.

Just a question...why do we assume this is talking about earthly powers?

The KJV says to be subject to the highers powers, that there is no power but from God. In verse 2 it says if you resist the power you shall recieve damnation.

So...if we lived under a dictator who wanted to make us bow before an idol, murder an innocent, commit an act of forced fornication or something else that is clearly sin....are we then going to receive damnation for commiting the sin or resisting the "person" trying to get us to sin?

Peace.
                  Ken

Comment

God spoke to me before the election-believe it or not-it doesn't matter to me...but He said, our nations cry for "change" is louder than our churches prayer for mercy. God's will isn't always done-ie-John 3:16. Sometimes we just get what we ask for.

Comment

I think this is a perfect illustration of freewill and predestination...

We vote(freewill) and God Elects (Predestination).

We are not fighting against God, we are accountable for our vote... and God doesnt stuff the ballot box, rather he uses vessels of dishonor(sinners destined to hell, known only to God) to vote the outcome predetermined by God in his sovereign right.

(bet that starts a bunch of disputing posts!)
                      EXCELLENT! I completely agree. It's the free will thing. God doesn't pick, we do, God knows who we'll pick though....
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                      Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
                      Isaiah 26:9

Comment

Originally posted by kenrank View Post
                        Greetings Ms. Bex...weather is cold and wet here.

Just a question...why do we assume this is talking about earthly powers?

The KJV says to be subject to the highers powers, that there is no power but from God. In verse 2 it says if you resist the power you shall recieve damnation.

So...if we lived under a dictator who wanted to make us bow before an idol, murder an innocent, commit an act of forced fornication or something else that is clearly sin....are we then going to receive damnation for commiting the sin or resisting the "person" trying to get us to sin?

Peace.
                        Ken
                        Dear Mr. Ken,

It is cold here too. Brrrrrr. I need to buy a new coat. Let me put that on my to-do list.

I sorta agree with you about the Romans passage. I do not think it means God choses leaders. I was just being difficult with you and wanted to see if you agree.

I think God lets us pick whoever we want to pick, even if we screw up in the process.

Your friend,

Ms. Bex

Comment

Originally posted by tayariswife View Post
                          EXCELLENT! I completely agree. It's the free will thing. God doesn't pick, we do, God knows who we'll pick though....
                          Agree with DF too! He's super smart.

The only thing I will never be able to understand is how God knows what we are going to do. I mean, right now I can either pick up a pen on my desk or not pick it up. Which one will I do? No one knows until I actually do it (not even I do), other than God!! its like God has the "cheat sheet" in advance for what we are going to do. Like skipping to the last page of the novel!

Bex

Comment

Dear Mr. Gregg,

How do you know if you are voting against the candiate God has chosen to put into power? I would be worried about doing that if I thought God 'picked' one Himself.

Sincerely and with love to all,

Bex
                            I am not worried about that. On an individual note, God takes care of me. That does not mean that my sin nature does not cause me some consequences while still here on earth. It also does not mean that some of other's sin nature does not cause me some distress while still here on earth. If I vote for a candidate, and another one wins, I ask God to Bless him with wisdom to do the right things. Picking the wrong candidate is not sinful. Having the gift of freedom to vote is a blessing. The plan is that sometime it will be end times. I am not supposed to be worried about it, but I am supposed to be ready.

Comment

Agree with DF too! He's super smart.

The only thing I will never be able to understand is how God knows what we are going to do. I mean, right now I can either pick up a pen on my desk or not pick it up. Which one will I do? No one knows until I actually do it (not even I do), other than God!! its like God has the "cheat sheet" in advance for what we are going to do. Like skipping to the last page of the novel!

Bex

God knows what we are going to do because He is the Alpha and Omega-the beginning and the end. He is above time.

Comment

Working...
                              X