Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
    Not sure what this could possibly mean.
    No one is replaced and that is addressed by scripture as being a false concept:

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
    Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.(the idea of replacement theology which Paul says is not true)
    Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

They were broken off not to be replaced but solely because they were non believers. Adding new branches is not replacing.

Replacement theology is scripturally incorrect according to Paul. The true theology would be "Removal Theology" because people are removed from the tree due to unbelief.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
      No one is replaced and that is addressed by scripture as being a false concept:

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
      Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.(the idea of replacement theology which Paul says is not true)
      Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

They were broken off not to be replaced but solely because they were non believers. Adding new branches is not replacing.

Replacement theology is scripturally incorrect according to Paul. The true theology would be "Removal Theology" because people are removed from the tree due to unbelief.
      Sorry, but it does exist. Many prophecies explain this. The world will be ruled from Israel, by Israeli's. Like it or not.

Comment

Sorry, but it does exist. Many prophecies explain this.
        No they don't plus Paul spoke against the idea of replacement so it is false.

The world will be ruled from Israel, by Israeli's. Like it or not.
        That's a bit misleading. The world will be ruled by Christ and his immortal saints.

Sorry, but it does exist. Many prophecies explain this.

The world will be ruled from Israel, by Israeli's. Like it or not.
        That's a bit misleading. The world will be ruled by Christ and his immortal saints.
        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

" Originally Posted by bluesky22:
          We are in the millennial Kingdom now, the Gospel age. The NC takes place on earth, now, and will be fulfilled at the end of time..

Starting points matter, as does sound theology.
          Well Bluesky22, think of it this way: Hebrews 8 says what it will be like: Heb. 8:11 "And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest." Has this condition been met? No, this is during the millennial reign.

We have the same story in Jeremiah 31:34 "And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” Still during the Millennial reign. Where will the Church of Christ be at that time? Co-reigning with Christ as spirits from Jerusalem.

If the same Spirit were in everybody, we would be on the same page of God's overall salvation plan; what He is doing with heaven and earth and when. Everyone would know just how to obey His laws and there would no opponents to our doctrine. Right now, everyone believes something slightly different. No, these prophecies are definitely in the future.
          John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

When people think, as things are is the way it will always be; that the nation as a whole will not be saved, and that there will not be a government centralized in Jerusalem with Israeli's a the top ruling the world they have replaced Israel. Yes, Paul spoke against it, yet there's versions of theology that deny it. We just had someone say we're in the MK now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
              Well Bluesky22, think of it this way: Hebrews 8 says what it will be like: Heb. 8:11 "And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest." Has this condition been met?
              Yes it has.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky22 View Post
                The NC has not ended yet, it will at the end of the world I would suppose. We are in the millennial Kingdom now, the Gospel age. The NC takes place on earth, now, and will be fulfilled at the end of time..
                Just saw this part. Time ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
                  Well Bluesky22, think of it this way: Hebrews 8 says what it will be like: Heb. 8:11 "And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest." Has this condition been met? No, this is during the millennial reign.

We have the same story in Jeremiah 31:34 "And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” Still during the Millennial reign. Where will the Church of Christ be at that time? Co-reigning with Christ as spirits from Jerusalem.

If the same Spirit were in everybody, we would be on the same page of God's overall salvation plan; what He is doing with heaven and earth and when. Everyone would know just how to obey His laws and there would no opponents to our doctrine. Right now, everyone believes something slightly different. No, these prophecies are definitely in the future.
                  Could it be that the MK is not finished yet awaking the sleeping world?

Since the Gospel has been unleashed, has it not for all purposes, already changed the world? What could another 2,000 years bring? Time will tell I suppose.

I won’t be dogmatic when the MK begins either, but I have read enough at this point that I feel we are in it now. The new covenant is clearly in effect right now as well.
                  “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Just saw this part. Time ends?
                    I just meant the end of the world.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Could it be that the MK is not finished yet awaking the sleeping world?

Since the Gospel has been unleashed, has it not for all purposes, already changed the world? What could another 2,000 years bring? Time will tell I suppose.

I won’t be dogmatic when the MK begins either, but I have read enough at this point that I feel we are in it now. The new covenant is clearly in effect right now as well.
                      Personally, I don't understand, Do you believe that Jesus will be personally present on the Earth? In Your view what is the name of that time period?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
                        Personally, I don't understand, Do you believe that Jesus will be personally present on the Earth? In Your view what is the name of that time period?
                        No, I don’t believe that Jesus will reign on earth for a 1000 years or anything like that. When Jesus returns it’s the end of the world, the grand roll-up, judgement, sentencing and then glorified bodies and what we call Heaven. Are you talking about dispensations? That is not dispensationalism but they are connected.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

I just meant the end of the world.
                          OK. Why would the NC end?

Comment

No, I don’t believe that Jesus will reign on earth for a 1000 years or anything like that. When Jesus returns it’s the end of the world, the grand roll-up, judgement, sentencing and then glorified bodies and what we call Heaven. Are you talking about dispensations? That is not dispensationalism but they are connected.
                            So it would be correct to say in your view Jesus will never rule on the throne of David?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
                              So it would be correct to say in your view Jesus will never rule on the throne of David?
                              Of course He will rule, He rules now. Do you mean the literal throne of David that existed thousands of years ago or the spiritual throne of David that exists today? If you mean in a literal sense, as the dispensationalists do, ( Jesus actually living in the holy land for a thousand years as a ruler) no, I don’t think scripture teaches this.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Originally posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
                                I'm asking you to comment (with your view) on all of the posts I recently made (with your explanations instead). Thanks.
                                I can't comment on mere Bible passages without knowing what make of them yourself in the context of the discussion. Take a scripture and use it to make a stand, (one way or another) and I'll give me own position to show whether I agree with you or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X