Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Originally posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Editing takes to long so i'll leave it as is, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I could easily say your belief in the NC is wrong, but i think it's more apt to say I *disagree* even though I personally do think it's wrong and I've clearly spent a massive amount of time explaining why. To me the words outlining who this NC is for are as plain as day. How someone can read Jeremiah 30:1-3, then read the words of God outlined in Jeremiah 30:4-24 & Jeremiah 31:1-39 and believe that now this is currently happening or happened in at the cross and is ongoing today really just blows my mind. I'm confused how exactly i could be wrong that it's not happening at this moment, but here you are telling me I am. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but I just see no evidence to support the belief that the NC is now.
    Why would it blow your mind? Let me tell you what blows my mind. That anyone would think Messiah arrived and Israel wasn't present. Nuts huh? Yeah. How about this? That the references to the law on the heart in the NT have nothing to do with Jeremiah 31? Nut's huh? Yeah. How can you say you see no evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
      Why would it blow your mind? Let me tell you what blows my mind. That anyone would think Messiah arrived and Israel wasn't present. Nuts huh? Yeah. How about this? That the references to the law on the heart in the NT have nothing to do with Jeremiah 31? Nut's huh? Yeah. How can you say you see no evidence?
      There is evidence that Jesus currently sits on the Throne of David in Jerusalem ruling over a reunited house of Judah + Israel located in Canaan? That they're all keeping the law since it is written in their Hearts and Minds. Can you send me pictures whenever I look up Israel it says their leader is some guy named Benjamin. All my history books says they've were exiled for 1900+ years. What NT passage do you believe changes that reality just the references would help.

Comment

Again, you're imposing a requirement scripture does not. Not every aspect has to exist for the NC to be in effect. Messiah didn't come first to Israel to find they were not there. Isaiah 45- freed by Cyrus, returned to Israel, salvation came, quoted by Paul in Romans 9, and the law written on the heart mentioned a few times too. Indisputable.

Comment

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
          Again, you're imposing a requirement scripture does not. Not every aspect has to exist for the NC to be in effect. Messiah didn't come first to Israel to find they were not there. Isaiah 45- freed by Cyrus, returned to Israel, salvation came, quoted by Paul in Romans 9, and the law written on the heart mentioned a few times too. Indisputable.
          I asked for the references, I don't see anything in Romans 9 or Isaiah 45. Also do you mind outlining what aspects of the NC you believe are not in effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Pesachpup View Post
            Have you been converted? Have you repented and believed with your heart and confessed Jesus before men? You act like one of us has a complicated view of salvation.
            *[[Mat 18:3]] KJV* And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

*[[Mat 23:13]] KJV* But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them THAT ARE ENTERING to go in.

Have you entered into his kingdom? Or do you believe that entering and inheriting are one and the same thing?

You have stated numerous times that the inheritance of the new covenant is our salvation of the here and now. Are you disagreeing with that now? Other than your contention that inheritance found in Hebrews 9:15 refers to the here and now salvation, you have not shown one example any where in scripture that agrees with that view. Your view has not value in disagreeing with a view that you can't rebut with scripture.
            Unless you can support your view of how you define inheritance, there is no value in continuing this discussion.

Blessings. The PuP
            I agree that there's no need to continue this discussion. Good luck in your Christian journey and it's my prayer that you come to the knowledge of the truth regarding the New Covenant in due course.

Comment

It was directed at the post above it.
              Oh, I see. Thank you.

Comment

I wanted everyone to see how your position changes and contradicts itself.
                I change my position and contradict myself, really?

I don't believe any christian currently believe that Israeli Nation is "Gods people". All these passages speak of a time when Israel will be Gods people. Since they're not I don't believe the NC is active
                God's people are those who believe in Christ. The Jews who accept Christ are God's people and if this is your reason for claiming that the NC is not operative, then it's pretty weak indeed.

Correct, on the cross the blood of the NC was shed. But the Sanctuary will not be in Jerusalem is not Now But when "his Kingdom comes down from Heaven".
                You are obviously confused and thus you conflate the new covenant with the New Jerusalem.

I disagree these passages do not exclude any Jew that has recieved Christ, as the bible says those people are "The ELECTION" chosen by Grace. The rest of ISREAL was Blinded.
                Not sure what you're on about? This is what I said previously: "To claim it will only happen after Jesus returns don't make sense since such position ignores the apostles and every other Jew since 1st century that has given their lives to Christ and thus received forgiveness of sin." How does my statement EXCLUDE the Jews that have received Christ through the ages?

You're clearly out of your depth here. The Ezekiel 36:24 that I quoted clearly is not fullfilled from the Christ and you saying "Yes they have" is not evidence of it actually being fullfilled. Show me evidence whether historical or biblical that Ezekiel 36:24-38 is a current reality. Show me Evidence Isaiah 4:2-4 is a currently reality that Today that Jersualem has been "cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning." Show me how now in Jersulem where this is a current reality. Then the Lord will create over the whole site of Mount Zion and over her assemblies a cloud by day, and smoke and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory there will be a canopy. 6 There will be a booth for shade by day from the heat, and for a refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain.
                Perhaps you want me to draw you a picture in multicolours? Ezekiel 36:24-38
                a. The Jews have already been gathered.
                b. God said, "I will cleanse you and put a heart in you". This is fulfilled by the blood of Jesus cleansing the believer of sin. A new heart is fulfilled by the Spirit of God in the heart of the faithful.
                c. The faithful will dwell in the "land" ie, the Millennial kingdom when it comes.

You're just saying this but you offer no proof, which is why i personally do not believe it.
                How can you accept my 'proof' when you don't even recognise it?

No he isn't "Suggesting" it He excplitily states it. Romans 11:25 Do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. 27 And this is[f] my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

You're the one who denied it was the NC so please once more either admit you were wrong and this passage is about the NC or tell me the name of this third covenant that established the salvation of Israel by removing their blindness/hardening.
                You are not the first to see things that don't exist. So no need to embarrass you any more than you've already done to yourself with your poor understanding of the text.

Comment

No Trivalee, You my Friend Have MADE my Point and for that I thank you!

This is Exactly what I've been saying the OC was established when the Blood is sprinkled "ON THE PEOPLE". Above you outlined the Order Just like is Outlined in Hebrews 9:18-28. So now unless you can prove that Hebrews 12:22-26 happened when Jesus died on the Cross or anytime since then. The NC is clearly not active until we all appear in Heaven and get the blood of Christ sprinkled ON US.

[FONT="]22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,[/FONT]
                  [FONT="]23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[/FONT]
                  [FONT="]24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.[/FONT]
                  25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Now all you have to do is establish from your doctrine when this blood sprinkling took Place.

TO me this will be fulfilled
                  IN THE FUTURE as Shown to John In REV 5.
                  We go to heaven to get the blood sprinkled upon us? For what????

The purpose of the blood of Jesus is to cleanse us of sin Heb 10:17! Getting you to understand this simple notion is like

Comment

Debating with Trivalee is just always such a blast! Don't feel left out buddy.
                    Thanks, mate, I always miss you when you take your Sabbaticals.

Comment

I disagree the Exiles have not all been Gathered from all the nations by the Messiah.
                      It's nuanced, brother. No Jew outside Israel today falls under the definition of an exile. The gathering now is about them responding to the Gospel and being joined to Christ.

I don't believe this was the cleansing of Israel mentioned in the passage I quoted, many rejected Jesus and I see no evidence that this was the fullfillment of prophesies such as Zech 12-14.
                      Has nobody told you that what "you believe" and what the scripture says are two different things?

How does Paul reply to claims such as the one you made here. See Romans 11:1-7
                      Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, bruv!

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
                      Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Notice what v-23 says? If and when they believe, they will be "grafted in", ie into the vine [Jesus Christ] where believing Gentiles are already. IOW, it's ONE vine (Jesus) for the Jew and Gentile.

It does to me! As you Said it will be Established when Jesus returns so that's when I will believe the NC is active.
                      Repeating something several times won't suddenly make it a truth. As I said, what you said and what scripture says are miles apart.

Honestly quotes like this sound to me like a mockery of the word of God. Ezekiel 37:21b Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. 22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

24“My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”

When I read the Word of God here it is clear to me what you're saying "if only one among them was from Israel, then the prophecy is fulfilled" is a mockery of what God said here this prophecy clearly HAS NOT been fulfilled.
                      My point is that with your inability to see the bigger picture, you will continue to pursue an illusion when the substance is actually in front of you.

Once More in my View, it Does, Read Ezekiel 37 until everything God promised in that passage and others is a Present reality it negates any idea that the NC is now active.

From your admission that many of these aspects will not be present until Jesus comes again, it is clear to me that though you disagree with my position, you can't actually dispute it. Your view just doesn't require God to fulfill his word exactly as promised for the NC to be Active. So now that we have cleared that up maybe you can outline what i would have to show you to prove that the NC is Not active (that sounds like a Fun challenge).
                      Doubt if there's anything left in your arsenal that you've already thrown at me in your denial that the NC is not operative yet. But I'm interested, nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
                        I change my position and contradict myself, really?
                        All the time. You claimed that Romans 11:25-27 wasn't about the NC now you claim it is, you claimed the exiles will be gathered in the future by messiah, now you claim they where gathered by Cyrus.. Sounds like contradictions to me.

God's people are those who believe in Christ. The Jews who accept Christ are God's people and if this is your reason for claiming that the NC is not operative, then it's pretty weak indeed.
                        And all the Jews who were blinded by God, they deserve to be excluded from the NC right?

You are obviously confused and thus you conflate the new covenant with the New Jerusalem.
                        Not sure how this is possible, I don't believe the NJ is the temple of God so when the passage says his sancuatary will be in their midst forever more i believe this passage is refering to Jesus in the Church after we have become a temple for God. Ephesians 2:21

Not sure what you're on about? This is what I said previously: "To claim it will only happen after Jesus returns don't make sense since such position ignores the apostles and every other Jew since 1st century that has given their lives to Christ and thus received forgiveness of sin." How does my statement EXCLUDE the Jews that have received Christ through the ages?
                        I didn't say your statement did, I said Paul addressed those people and called them *THE ELECTION* Chosen by Grace not because they were more rightous by then their brothers.

Perhaps you want me to draw you a picture in multicolours? Ezekiel 36:24-38
                        a. The Jews have already been gathered.
                        b. God said, "I will cleanse you and put a heart in you". This is fulfilled by the blood of Jesus cleansing the believer of sin. A new heart is fulfilled by the Spirit of God in the heart of the faithful.
                        c. The faithful will dwell in the "land" ie, the Millennial kingdom when it comes.
                        So now you're claiming All of Ezekiel 36:24-38 has been Fullfilled??? OF course you aren't cuz that would be Ludarcris, Notice what the passage says regarding the cleanse and the heart.

Lets add this passage and see if Trivalee view makes sense.

Ezekiel 36:33 Thus says the Lord GOD: On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places shall be rebuilt. 34And the land that was desolate shall be tilled, instead of being the desolation that it was in the sight of all who passed by. 35And they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’

Why in the none of the gospels is any this mentioned on the *DAY* that Jesus died on the cross? Oh yea cuz it didn't happen.

How can you accept my 'proof' when you don't even recognise it?
                        I already told you you're personal statements to me are not proof since you have nothing besides that at this point it is clear you can't assail my position. Nothing you can present will convince me the NC is active.

You are not the first to see things that don't exist. So no need to embarrass you any more than you've already done to yourself with your poor understanding of the text.
                        You're the one who denied Romans 11:26-27 was the NC so please once more either admit you were wrong and this passage is about the NC or tell me the name of this third covenant that established the salvation of Israel by removing their blindness/hardening.

Comment

We go to heaven to get the blood sprinkled upon us? For what????

The purpose of the blood of Jesus is to cleanse us of sin Heb 10:17! Getting you to understand this simple notion is like
                          You're the one who said what the purpose of the sprinkling of the Blood was in the OC

The OC was ratified when Moses sprinkled the blood upon the people of Israel, not when he went up to mount Sinai.
                          I believe the NC will be ratified and come into effect in the same way, So do you believe Hebrews 12:22-29 was fullfilled in the past? YES or NO? Should be a simple question but i'm not holding my breath for an answer.

Comment

It's nuanced, brother. No Jew outside Israel today falls under the definition of an exile. The gathering now is about them responding to the Gospel and being joined to Christ.
                            Sure the bible is Nuanced during the 1878 period that the Jews were expelled from Israel they were not Exiles.. Let's just go with that..., When Jeremiah 30:1-3 says that God will bring back his people from captivity and do all the things mentioned for them in the book (including the NC) he was talking about the return from babylon not there future restoration under there messiah. Is that the *Nuance* I'm missing?

Has nobody told you that what "you believe" and what the scripture says are two different things?
                            That's what I'm telling you is a fact what "you believe" and what the scripture says are two different things. Want proof? Tell me is all of Ezekiel 36-39 fulfilled, How about all of Jeremiah 30-31? I can show you clear examples where your beliefs contradict scripture, all you can show is where my beliefs don't line up with yours. Another example who does Jeremiah 31:31 say the NC is made with? I only read Judah+Israel I don't make any arguments to include other groups, that's your prerogative.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, bruv!

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
                            Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Notice what v-23 says? If and when they believe, they will be "grafted in", ie into the vine [Jesus Christ] where believing Gentiles are already. IOW, it's ONE vine (Jesus) for the Jew and Gentile.
                            You're not even quoting the same passages I am I say verses 1-7 you're down in 21-24, the passage says the Tree, and you're saying Jesus is the Vine as if the Tree and the Vine are the same things.

Repeating something several times won't suddenly make it a truth.
                            That's what I Keep telling you!

As I said, what you said and what scripture says are miles apart.
                            Clearly not, I believe everything in Jeremiah 30-31 and Ezekiel 36-39 will be fulfilled as written, you claim it is already been fulfilled (at least partially) and seek to Explain how in your view it has been. SO WHO is really miles apart from what scripture says, the Guy claiming God will keep his word exactly as stated or the guy trying to explain how certain parts have been done and other will be but still its all fulfilled?

My point is that with your inability to see the bigger picture, you will continue to pursue an illusion when the substance is actually in front of you.
                            Really scripture says that the Exiles being gathered means: accepting their messiah? Quote the passages...

Scripture says that Cyrus was the Messiah and that his gathering of the Exiles was fulfillment of Jeremiah 30:1-3 Show the passages.

Scripture says the NC will be established with the Gentiles nations and is not limited to Judah and Israel, Show the passages. I can support my view with scripture, unfortunately your view is more "nuanced".

Doubt if there's anything left in your arsenal that you've already thrown at me in your denial that the NC is not operative yet. But I'm interested, nonetheless.
                            Help me out then, I outlined to you what you would have to provide for me to change my position, you admitted you can't. Tell me what do I need to show you to prove that the NC is not operative today now?

Comment

Tell me what do I need to show you to prove that the NC is not operative today now?
                              The only logical way to do this, is to be able to prove that O.T. Judaism is correct, and N.T. Christianity is invalid.

If the NC is not operative today, Christianity does not exist.
                              Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
                              • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
                              • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
                              • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
                              • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

All the time. You claimed that Romans 11:25-27 wasn't about the NC now you claim it is, you claimed the exiles will be gathered in the future by messiah, now you claim they where gathered by Cyrus.. Sounds like contradictions to me.
                                Looks like you are playing to the gallery because I made a distinction between the gathered exiles from the Babylonian captivity and those gathering to Christ by faith now and in the future. If you can't figure out the difference between these two - there's not much I can do to help you.

And all the Jews who were blinded by God, they deserve to be excluded from the NC right?
                                Blinded by God? Where did you read that? You make it look like God is wicked and partial and by blinding some Jews and leaving others considering the Apostles and other Jewish converts since the 1st century.

Not sure how this is possible, I don't believe the NJ is the temple of God so when the passage says his sancuatary will be in their midst forever more i believe this passage is refering to Jesus in the Church after we have become a temple for God. Ephesians 2:21
                                I didn't say anything about the temple; the NJ is the holy city where the believers will dwell. It is the promised "land"!

So now you're claiming All of Ezekiel 36:24-38 has been Fullfilled??? OF course you aren't cuz that would be Ludarcris, Notice what the passage says regarding the cleanse and the heart.

Ezekiel 36:33 Thus says the Lord GOD: On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places shall be rebuilt. 34And the land that was desolate shall be tilled, instead of being the desolation that it was in the sight of all who passed by. 35And they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’

Why in the none of the gospels is any this mentioned on the *DAY* that Jesus died on the cross? Oh yea cuz it didn't happen.
                                I think you have serious issues with your understanding of prophecy. You obviously can't tell the difference between prophecies that have been fulfilled and those in the future. So let me ask you, is the land of Israel lying in desolation now?

Nothing you can present will convince me the NC is active.
                                Because you have already made up your mind to disregard valid scriptures and argument showing you up to be in error.

You're the one who denied Romans 11:26-27 was the NC so please once more either admit you were wrong and this passage is about the NC or tell me the name of this third covenant that established the salvation of Israel by removing their blindness/hardening.
                                In Rom 11:26-27 Paul reminded his readers that this is the "covenant" as in the "present" tense. There is nothing that qualifies his statement as in referring to the future.

Looks like you are playing to the gallery because I made a distinction between the gathered exiles from the Babylonian captivity and those gathering to Christ by faith now and in the future. If you can't figure out the difference between these two - there's not much I can do to help you.

Blinded by God? Where did you read that? You make it look like God is wicked and partial and by blinding some Jews and leaving others considering the Apostles and other Jewish converts since the 1st century.

I didn't say anything about the temple; the NJ is the holy city where the believers will dwell. It is the promised "land"!

I think you have serious issues with your understanding of prophecy. You obviously can't tell the difference between prophecies that have been fulfilled and those in the future. So let me ask you, is the land of Israel lying in desolation now?

Nothing you can present will convince me the NC is active.
                                Because you have already made up your mind to disregard valid scriptures and argument showing you up to be in error.

In Rom 11:26-27 Paul reminded his readers that this is the "covenant" as in the "present" tense. There is nothing that qualifies his statement as in referring to the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X