Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Originally posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    There is no bible passage that says it last forever.
    False. The Nc lasts forever so the mediator of that covenant does as well. I've said this before but you ignore it. Believe in and teach false things if you wish, it's foolishness to most people and you reject correction, sobeit.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
      That verse clearly has nothing to do with his being a mediator in fact the verse explains what God all in all means anyways. (hint it's about the Son being subject to the Father)
      Yes, I called up those scholars on biblehub and told them I was having a debate on bibleforums and that it would really help me if they also thought the phrase That God would be All in All also meant that the Role of Mediator ends. Then they liked me so much that they wrote it down so I could quote it and share it with you. Let's just go with that . Clearly, even though they and I think it's relevant you can still say "it has nothing to do with the mediator" and ignore it anyway.

Comment

False.
        If its false Quote a passage that says the role of Mediator last forever.

The Nc lasts forever
        True

so the mediator of that covenant does as well.
        False

I've said this before but you ignore it. Believe in and teach false things if you wish, it's foolishness to most people and you reject correction, sobeit.

I think this message works well for you also.

Comment

My point is That Jesus is only the Mediator until we there is no more enmity Between God and Man. Some people claim that he is Mediator forever.
          Well, there's a difference between acting as Mediator and being the Mediator. It's more correct to say the day will come that Jesus will not need to act as our mediator. This will not change the fact that he is and always will be the Mediator of the NC and that it's the reason we are there no longer needing him to act as Mediator.

Comment

I just want you to direct you to Noebs Cyrus/Messiah argument in Post#1006 this is essentially the path you must take if you believe all or most of Jeremiah 30-31 was fulfilled by the first Advent.
            You do realize that Paul's point in 2Cor 2 with Isaiah 64 was that Israel in captivity asked God to do something and that something God did was send Christ to gathered Israel and save therm from their sins.

Comment

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
              Well, there's a difference between acting as Mediator and being the Mediator. It's more correct to say the day will come that Jesus will not need to act as our mediator. This will not change the fact that he is and always will be the Mediator of the NC and that it's the reason we are there no longer needing him to act as Mediator.

Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to create some middle ground but I believe my proof text shows what I'm saying. Namely that when Jesus the Son has completed his task as the mediator, he will Cease to be the mediator and will simply be God.

I do not believe there is a difference between Acting as Mediator and being the Mediator.

Comment

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
                You do realize that Paul's point in 2Cor 2 with Isaiah 64 was that Israel in captivity asked God to do something and that something God did was send Christ to gathered Israel and save therm from their sins.
                I honestly Don't know what in 2 Cor 2 you believe is a quote from Isaiah 64, personally, I'm just at a loss for what exactly you're trying to tell me.

Comment

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Comment

Yes, because you don't seem to understand what a Mediator does. A mediator Goes between 2 Parties Namely GOD & MAN. As of TODAY, JESUS REPRESENTS MAN IN THE PRESENCE of God. IN the FUTURE GOD Will DWELL WITH MAN. AS in THERE WILL BE NO MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN. Jesus IS GOD. How can that get any more basic?
                    And you figured this out from scripture or just your carnal wisdom? If you can't provide scripture that shows 1 Tim 4:5 as temporary, it's impossible to take your claim above seriously.

Comment

They are two separate concepts Just like a House and a Foundation are 2 separate concepts, honestly, this really shouldn't be difficult just study the anatomy of a plant or of a tree, why do you think we have separate words for the Roots and the
                      Tree. https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/librar...book/parts.htm
                      I will believe if you prove that a tree can survive without root. Show me a tree levitating in the air.

Comment

The same way we separate the root from the branches.

Did Christ say the root is ever separated from the tree? Stop making it so literal. It's just an analogy.

The foundation of a house is not the house nor is the house the foundation. There is no reason to present the concept of anyone removing a house and it's foundation, nor roots from a tree. In the analogy the only things removed are faithless branches. You need to think these through because you are making meaningless points.
                        The only thing meaningless is your claim that Jesus is not the Olive tree.

Comment

My point is That Jesus is only the Mediator until we there is no more enmity Between God and Man. Some people claim that he is Mediator forever.
                          This is a junk doctrine. Since the Bible didn't say there is a limit to Jesus Christ' role as mediator, any claim to the contrary is carnal and unscriptural. Period!!!

Comment

Show one place in the bible where it says his mediator role is not Forever.

I already connected being mediator to the NC and that never ends. The evidence sides with the argument that it never ends and nothing supports that it ends...it may not be actively used but that doesn't equal not existing.
                            Totally agree. Won't be surprised if JLU argues that Jesus Christ' role as our 'Eternal High Priest' has an end too.

Comment

You aren't even disputing my argument that last part makes no sense unless you believe that Man will never dwell with God.

Once more my argument is Once Man dwells With God, Jesus is no longer the Mediator between God and Man. At that Point, Jesus is Just GOD. Only 2 Parties (God & Man) NO Mediator.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ďLook! Godís dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

My Argument is not that - Jesus is can't be the mediator because he is God.

My Argument is Once God has been reconciled to the people by Jesus- Then Jesus is no longer the Mediator he is just God(God is All in All). 2 Parties God & Man no enmity so no mediator.

Your Claim is that for all eternity there will be The People - Jesus- Then God the father. 3 Parties.
                              Hahaha
                              Your unfounded claim that Rev 21:3 supports your case that Jesus ceases to be mediator when God's tabernacle comes down is akin to a thirsty man seeing a mirage in the desert and believing it's water.

Comment

Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to create some middle ground but I believe my proof text shows what I'm saying.
                                What proof text says their no mediator of the NC?

I do not believe there is a difference between Acting as Mediator and being the Mediator.
                                Sure you do. A Judge is a Judge when he's not judging. A former President is still addressed as President etc

Comment

Working...
                                X